Site Sponsors

Thread: Question: Compare Schneider 24mm f/5.6 Apo-Digitar XL and 28mm f/2.8 Digitar

Post Thanks / Like

Question: Compare Schneider 24mm f/5.6 Apo-Digitar XL and 28mm f/2.8 Digitar

Can anyone share some experiences on these two lenses in terms of quality on any digital back, please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Question: Compare Schneider 24mm f/5.6 Apo-Digitar XL and 28mm f/2.8 Digitar

My suggestion would be to look at the 23 Rodenstock for a hyper-wide -- it has a larger IC than either of the short Schneiders. It will cover full-frame MF with a few mm to spare where the Schneiders clip the corners...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question: Compare Schneider 24mm f/5.6 Apo-Digitar XL and 28mm f/2.8 Digitar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    My suggestion would be to look at the 23 Rodenstock for a hyper-wide -- it has a larger IC than either of the short Schneiders. It will cover full-frame MF with a few mm to spare where the Schneiders clip the corners...
    The price of 23mm Rodenstock price is terrifying for me so that I would like some cheaper alternatives. Beside, I still use P30+ so I may not be able to do much T/S before I decide to upgrade. BTW, Jack, I know P30+ is not good for T/S due to microlense. However, is it too bad to fix the problem in C1?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Honestly, the P30+ is pretty terrible on a tech cam if you impart tilt or shift. Mostly okay though if you shoot it straight. Sorry
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I had to give my P30+ up for a P45+.

I had a24mm however found Ihad no movements...

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

HI guys,
    could somebody post some images made with a Schneider 28mm 2.8 WA? Is it possible to use it un an Aptus 5? I know there is not much movement. But is the quality better or equal than a Mamiya 28mm on a 645DF? Because it is cheaper..
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Shibuya 109 - Tokyo Shibuya 109 GetDPI Image Gallery

Fotoman Dmini Camera with Schneider 28 mm Apo Digitar L and Phase P65+

I did not know what to do with my 28mm as no movements possible.
    I mounted it on a fotoman Dmini and use as a travel point and shoot.
    I am pleased with the results.
    It does not quite cover the sensor of a p65+
    But stopping down and processed in capture one the results are ok.

regards

Neil

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mueller123 View Post
    HI guys,
    could somebody post some images made with a Schneider 28mm 2.8 WA? Is it possible to use it un an Aptus 5? I know there is not much movement. But is the quality better or equal than a Mamiya 28mm on a 645DF? Because it is cheaper..
    Thank you
    Sorry.
    I do not have any images from the 28mm 2.8 anymore.
    I used to have one for a while. It did not like the 36x48mm sensor.
    Dead straight it was Ok, but had some heavy CA off axis.

It was originally designed, I think, when the Leaf 11mp/17mp in 24x36 frame were in use. As it is a traditional design it exhibits a lot of curvature of field. A NEX 7 or A6000 might work well with it.

The 28mm 5.6 was much superior, though not quite as useful as the Rodenstock 28mm with it's reverse Tele design.

I think a great choice is the 35mm Schneider. Much cleaner than the 35mm Rodenstock, and lower priced. No distortion either. And a really tiny lens.

Hope this helps,
    Rod
    US Representative, Arca-Swiss International
    R-Line Technical Cameras, Large Format View Cameras, Tripod Heads D4, D4m, P1, P0, Z1, Z2, C1 Cube.
    http://www.rodklukas.com/arca-swiss 480-755-3364
    Instagram @arcaswissusa Facebook @arcaswissusa