The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Photojazz

Thanks Steve. In case anyone wondered, the curve to left is a noise buffer for skateboard park to left. fyi...

hi Steve, nice shot. Interesting lighting!

Photojazz

Nice and varied set Anthony. Really like the lighting in last one on the fisher. Spot on focus since you can see the line for goodness sakes!

khc1013

Thanks steve and photojazz.
Have a sick day is so good because I can sit in bed with my laptop and catch up with this thread :)

Steve: "Tremendous Detail,Contrast & Looks!" That's what i am going for. I am glad I am working my way there. I still have a lot to learn for digital processing. Thanks for silver efex. i was having fun :)

Photojazz: I was having a hard time on focus. Those were the lucky shot. I obtained the 1.25x mag. It helps a ton!!

Photojazz

focus is challenging on the M for me as well. So far, I am doing pretty good, but I would be horrible on most moving subjects. not being able to see through the lens as far as I can see is the only thing I don't care for about my M9. But the image quality is so outstanding, I am going to continue with this as half my photography. If I need AF, then Nikon to the rescue. :)

Lloyd

I am always at least 5 pages behind every time I come back to this thread. Having a hard time to keep up with it. There are some amazing photos from everyone. :)
Here are some from my trip back home for X'mas break.

by khc1013, on Flickr
Anthony, this set is really terrific. Wonderful b/w conversions. and the subject isolation you're getting is impressive. Were these all shot with a 50mm lens? Very nice self portrait (in the context of HK) in that first image. :salute:

Lloyd

focus is challenging on the M for me as well. So far, I am doing pretty good, but I would be horrible on most moving subjects. not being able to see through the lens as far as I can see is the only thing I don't care for about my M9. But the image quality is so outstanding, I am going to continue with this as half my photography. If I need AF, then Nikon to the rescue. :)
I'm the same, and I hear that a lot from Leica shooters. I will keep my Nikon gear, because there are simply things it does better than the Leica. The reverse is also true, and I was Leica shooter before I was Nikon shooter. Horses for courses. :thumbup: