The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Firmware

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Well I for welcome this particular update... I was really tired of seeing he "avec" on the WATE focal selection in the French menu.

:D

David K

Workshop Member
I've gotten some wild scrolling on the display with the new firmware... same as before. Can't really say I've noticed an improvement in higher ISO noise either. Still love the camera and the images it delivers.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
This is annoying.
I see changes that seem to me to represent the change of a string constant, table, and a few parameters. As I write this, I am attending a W3C meeting where we glibly toss around major changes to the structure of the web. Aside from not breaking anything, I have yet to see evidence of software skills.
hopefully
-bob

atanabe

I took before and after images (1.107 vs. 1.110), and I saw asolutely no difference at ISO 640, 1250 or 2500. I took a dark corner of my living room, and zeroed all settings of Lightroom. What did you shoot and how did you process it?
Carsten,
I judge the noise level in the mid tones with the subject lit. The processing was straight off the card displayed in Lightroom. On my camera/sensor, the noise was noticable in the mid tones with v1.107 at 1250. This noise was now acceptable with v1.110 almost to the point of looking like the noise level at 640 with the previous version.

I test at speeds that I would normally handhold, no longer than 1/30th of a second. If I have to use a longer shutter speed I would most likely have a tripod so why would I need a high ISO?

In my experience with digital xray imaging, the amount of noise will vary by how starved the sensor is for light (quanta). Which means that low light scenes that require a longer shutter speed is in turn evidence of a light starved sensor. This is regardless of the ISO being used, if the ISO is increased, the amount of noise created by the additional current is introduced.

Just my method of testing and judging digital performance, your methods may vary and I respect that.

Al

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well finally i got to shoot today . i shot a studio strobe job today and all seemed okay and a Metz PR event tonight. So the good news , there are 4 very apparent ones right off the top.

1. no scrolling flashing
2. No zebra effect
3. Most important the review kept up with the last shot every time. That was worth the price of admission right there, honestly that one drove me nuts.

4. nothing bad, so for a tweener of a firmware it did the job. Okay ready for 1.2

5 Well there is a possible 5 . My Metz seemed to work much better on Auto which has nothing to do with what they said they fixed, go figure. I can't prove it though but just felt better and at my age any feeling is good. LOL

woodyspedden

Well finally i got to shoot today . i shot a studio strobe job today and all seemed okay and a Metz PR event tonight. So the good news , there are 4 very apparent ones right off the top.

1. no scrolling flashing
2. No zebra effect
3. Most important the review kept up with the last shot every time. That was worth the price of admission right there, honestly that one drove me nuts.

4. nothing bad, so for a tweener of a firmware it did the job. Okay ready for 1.2

5 Well there is a possible 5 . My Metz seemed to work much better on Auto which has nothing to do with what they said they fixed, go figure. I can't prove it though but just felt better and at my age any feeling is good. LOL
guy

I must tell you that every time I go back and look at your Germany images I am so impressed. The ones that get me the most are the japanese bride which I know you shot with the 135 APO Telyt. I compare to my shots, particularly nailing the focus, and I stand in awe in the presence of the master.

Thanks for all you have done to teach me the craft

Best

Woody