The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boymerang

Haven't contributed in a while so here's a bunch of randoms that I like.

All M8u+Nocti f1.0

Lloyd

Vincet: That is a beautiful, and very sweet image. Love it.

boymerang: Great set! All really nice, but I especially love the first three, and the next to last shot. Really. Good to see you posting again.

PatrickCheung

Boymerang! Interesting set... especially the last few photos and that landscape! God rays everywhere!

I dont know if I said this already, but Joe, that street car shot is pretty damn cool!

I sold my Voigtlander 40/1.4 and Canon 35/2.8 today, used the money to buy myself a Canon 35/2 and a Canon 50/1.8 Serenar. I used to have a Serenar... foolishly sold it, and found myself wanting it back. I felt as if the Voigtlander 40/1.4 rendered too... modernly for my tastes, and I really do prefer the 35 FOV. The Canon 35/2.8 was a great lens, but much too slow as I usually shoot indoors.

Anyway, I'm left with a Jupiter 8 for the next little while, about a week or two until the lenses arrive. The J8 is a funny little lens. Got it for cheap on ebay a while ago, but never used it much. I had better lenses to shoot with! Plus, it had a slight backfocus issue. I decided to test out my CLA skills with it last week and took it apart to clean and re-lube it. It was a mess, but with a little help from Hillary, and my lovely mother, we cleaned it up, greased it up, and put it back together. It's still a little wobbly, but less so than before. The backfocus issue was greatly lessened, but the wobble still threw some shots out of focus (like the one below of Natalie). Fun lens to play with though. Very dreamy!

First, a final photo from the Canon 35/2.8, taken with my M8

These were taken with my M8 and J8!

Let Miss Hillary Chang borrow my bowtie today for our project critiques... she kinda looks like me.

And this is what I woke up to this morning...

No better way to start my day.

And a nice little song that she showed me, thought it went well with the photo

Sky - Joshua Radin

Lloyd

Great stuff Patrick, love the look of that first shot. And a very nice "wake up" indeed.

I saw your ad on Rangefinder; I was very tempted by the 40/1.4, but someone beat me to the punch. Glad you were able to move the lenses.

PatrickCheung

Thanks Lloyd! :p Best wake up, indeed!

A local buyer bought them up the night I posted the ad on Kijiji! A PhD student, needed lenses for her M6. Lucky gal, I suppose!

Lloyd

Cenek: You've got an eye for the beautiful women. Nice shots.

Dan: Good to see you here. Lots of color and texture in that shot. Very nice.

Last edited:

PatrickCheung

LOL! what a favour. Hilarious, my friend!

But on a serious note, I'm just happy that she's comfortable enough with me to let me photograph her in such an intimate way. I've always told her that a photograph should not only show the subject, but the shooter's relationship to the subject. Especially if that relationship is an intimate one such as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.