The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

MCTuomey

From the pastoral above to the urban below, some local club life:

20130510-008-Web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

20130510-069-Web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

20130510-073-Web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

Planet D Nonet at Cliff Bell's on Park in Detroit - these guys do Jelly Roll Morton, Billy Strayhorn, Armstrong, Ellington, Sun Ra and more - just real good time jazz. One more of co-founder James O'Donnell, working the Bell's crowd:

20130510-070-Web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

The more I shoot the MM in clubs, the more I'm liking it. These were iso 2500, typical mixed stage lighting, 50 asph or 90AA.

Last edited:

DavidE

On a recent trip to Vegas, I tried my Monochrom with the WATE and 12mm Voigtlander.

Here are three with the WATE set to 16mm:

DavidE

Thanks, Lloyd. Much appreciated

I plan to use the WATE and 12mm Voigtlander more now than I did with the M9. The higher base ISO and less intrusive high-ISO noise make it much easier to use them in low light.

I forgot to mention that the first shot in each set is from the Event Center in Vegas. The building was designed by Frank Gehry.