The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kudos to Leica!

seakayaker

I did receive my M9 back from Leica NJ in December with a statement that they resolved the issue by cleaning the sensor.

I have continued to use the M9 and spots still appear when I use it which I manage in post processing. I love the M9 and will use it until it can no longer function.

Why some folks get sensor replaced while others do not, never mind the clear miscommunication between Leica in New Jersey and my camera dealer clearly leaves me dissatisfied.

My experience with Leica is such that I am very leery to move forward with any additional Leica product purchases.

I did plan on purchasing a Monochrome at one point, and still would like one, but I always need to feel comfortable with a company and at the moment their service inconsistencies is enough to put me off from making a $8000.00 purchase.

Quan

This is my experience

I send my M9 to Leica S'pore back in Dec 13 for them to check and clean the sensor. After the cleaning they confirm that the sensor need to be replaced due to fungus, waiting time is 3 months and finally got it replaced by mid March.

Funny is with a new sensor, when shot blue sky at F8 I do spot a few dots, so wondering what it is, dust or oil. Never the less, Leica S'pore ask me to bring in for them to take a look again.

Quite satisfy with the service of free replacement of sensor thou.

Last edited:

250swb

I did receive my M9 back from Leica NJ in December with a statement that they resolved the issue by cleaning the sensor.

I have continued to use the M9 and spots still appear when I use it which I manage in post processing. I love the M9 and will use it until it can no longer function.

Why some folks get sensor replaced while others do not, never mind the clear miscommunication between Leica in New Jersey and my camera dealer clearly leaves me dissatisfied.
Dust is something that happens with a digital camera so I don't know why you would want the sensor replacing when cleaning it (a user task as part of regular maintenance) is the solution? A new sensor isn't going to stop dust getting into the camera. Removing dust spots in post processing only goes so far, usually until there is either so much of it, or it appears in an area that is impossible to spot out, like a facial detail etc. Then people get out the cleaning tools and clean the sensor.

Steve