The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New place to hang out

ndwgolf

Done with all the pompous elitist individuals over there..........time to show off my stuff here :)
Neil

pegelli

How big can we post here?
I don't know the maximum, I've seen 2000 pix long side with no problem, on my system (W10/Firefox) the forum software scales it automatically to the width of my screen and/or window.

For instance a linked 2000 pix wide image gets scaled down to 1287 pixels when full screen and smaller if I reduce the size of the window smaller than full screen.

I usually scale my images to max 1200 wide and 950 high, but that's mainly for linking on other fora where I post who have requested that as the max size.

ndwgolf

I don't know the maximum, I've seen 2000 pix long side with no problem, on my system (W10/Firefox) the forum software scales it automatically to the width of my screen and/or window.

For instance a linked 2000 pix wide image gets scaled down to 1287 pixels when full screen and smaller if I reduce the size of the window smaller than full screen.

I usually scale my images to max 1200 wide and 950 high, but that's mainly for linking on other fora where I post who have requested that as the max size.
I tried 2000 it said failed so here is 1280

Attachments

pegelli

I tried 2000 it said failed so here is 1280
I can see your 2000 pix image in post #7 with no problem, but that one was linked from dropbox

But in this post you're using the GetDPI file uploading/sharing method which I have no experience with (I always link from SmugMug) but if you read this thread it indeed seems 1200 pix long side is the maximum for that method.

Both nice images by the way :)

bensonga

[SUP][/SUP]
Done with all the pompous elitist individuals over there..........time to show off my stuff here :)
Neil
I have not spent much time on this Leica forum (https://www.l-camera-forum.com), but if this is the one you are referring to, I’m curious what they (or at least the pompous elitists there) said which caused you to be done with that forum.

We are fortunate here on Getdpi that there are very few people who (might) fall into that category.

Gary

Godfrey

When it comes to posting images here, I suggest 2000 pixels on the long edge as a maximum. Even though the BBS software and server are set to downsize the images to something in that range, when you post larger than that it incurs a huge penalty in download speed and data amount since what it does is download the full size image you posted first and then re-sample it in the local web browser to fit the limits.

I usually post with about 1600 pixels maximum, depending on the image I'm posting.

G

--- Leica forum ... I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere. I don't let silly kerfuffles with individuals get in the way. :D ---

Godfrey

Sounds good. I think 1200 to 1300 pixels on the long edge is pretty close to my average. It's just a matter of different formats (square, Polaroid, 2:3, 3:2, panorama, etc etc) ... a 16:9 panorama needs more long edge pixels to present well.

G

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Why friends don't let friends express an artistic project when their Bentley is parked outside overnight!!