The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ180 vs. Leaf Aptus II 12?

jlm

Workshop Member
since i am thinking of this with the cambo, if the cambo could come with the Hy6 mount, one could have both back rotation and LCD articulation.

but if in the H mount, (would be my other body!) no rotation or tilt screen.

then it appears that the H mount with more limited features would be the way to go for both platforms...too bad

jsf

I have a wealth of Bronica ETRS equipment is there any back that will work on my gear? Joe

gazwas

IMBO on a tech camera (or on AFi/ Hy6) the AFi-II 12 is the most advanced DB money can buy these days, and the sales figures so far seem to support this:)
Could you elaborate on this?

I was under the impression the new IQ backs would be the best back to use on a tech camera due to the new screen with 100% zoom, focus mask and a limited (but hopefully very usable) live view function (if they get it working).

yaya

I have a wealth of Bronica ETRS equipment is there any back that will work on my gear? Joe
All V mount Leaf backs work on the ETRS via an adapter made by either Silvestri or Kapture Group

coulombic

I have another question in reference to the Aptus II 12 -- does anyone know the maximum exposure time for this back? I've done some reading, and it seems as if the Aptus series is generally limited to 32 seconds. I understand that it's not a long-exposure camera by any means, but my hope is that I'll be able to get closer to a minute.

coulombic

32 seconds is the longest exposure you can do right now

Yair
Thanks, Yair. I figure 32 seconds is probably adequate, in any case. I've read there's a planned "interface change" for Leaf cameras in "Q2 2011." Have you (or anyone) heard anything about this?

I'm also interested in the battery type for Leaf backs . . . do you (or anyone) happen to know the specific battery model? I'd like to look around at extended-capacity batteries for the back.

yaya

Thanks, Yair. I figure 32 seconds is probably adequate, in any case. I've read there's a planned "interface change" for Leaf cameras in "Q2 2011." Have you (or anyone) heard anything about this?
There's we will be releasing a firmware update for all Aptus-II and AFi-II backs in a few weeks which brings a new GUI with improved functionality and more up-to-date look and feel. You can see a couple of screen grabs in Michael Rechmann's recent review

I'm also interested in the battery type for Leaf backs . . . do you (or anyone) happen to know the specific battery model? I'd like to look around at extended-capacity batteries for the back.
Look for Samsung SBL-160 you should be able to find some compatible ones with larger capacity than the supplied 2,350mAh

Best,

yaya

Could you elaborate on this?

I was under the impression the new IQ backs would be the best back to use on a tech camera due to the new screen with 100% zoom, focus mask and a limited (but hopefully very usable) live view function (if they get it working).
I am of course biased but the Aptus-II/ AFi-II are available TODAY in all mounts and they offer some unique features that do not exist in other backs. They also offer a 3.5" screen with areliable 100% zoom that is quite unique as it uses the raw file to generate a cropped preview with/ without sharpening (depending on your settings).

Yair