Site Sponsors

Thread: Silvestri Shiftable Viewfinder for Alpa?

carbonmetrictree

Silvestri Shiftable Viewfinder for Alpa?

I was looking at some Silvestri cameras and stumbled into this, I wonder if it'll work?

Shift Viewfinder

In certain occasions this type of viewfinder simplifies working and helps in making the composition process faster. A series of format frames are available for specific lenses. The viewfinder has an adjustment option to move the format frame to simulate the 15-0-15mm shift movement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Silvestri Shiftable Viewfinder for Alpa?

Very neat - now where do we actually find one of these?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

If you speak to Paula at Linhof-Studio she'll be able to tell you if and how it fits as she sells both ALPA and Silvestri and usually stock most items from both.

[email protected]
    +44 (0)1702 716116

I can also ask Vincenzo Silvestri to bring one to Photokina so I can have a look at it.

Yair
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog

Natasa Stojsic

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    If you speak to Paula at Linhof-Studio she'll be able to tell you if and how it fits as she sells both ALPA and Silvestri and usually stock most items from both.

[email protected]
    +44 (0)1702 716116

I can also ask Vincenzo Silvestri to bring one to Photokina so I can have a look at it.

Yair
    Thanks Yair

Natasa Stojsic

Quote Originally Posted by carbonmetrictree View Post
    I was looking at some Silvestri cameras and stumbled into this, I wonder if it'll work?

Shift Viewfinder

In certain occasions this type of viewfinder simplifies working and helps in making the composition process faster. A series of format frames are available for specific lenses. The viewfinder has an adjustment option to move the format frame to simulate the 15-0-15mm shift movement.

Andrew, good find

carbonmetrictree

Do you think it'll work?

I think I found it on Linhof Studio or on Bromwell's website.

Natasa Stojsic

Quote Originally Posted by carbonmetrictree View Post
    Do you think it'll work?

I think I found it on Linhof Studio or on Bromwell's website.
    I can't think of one single obstacle, so why not

carbonmetrictree

Thanks Yair!, I'll give Paula a call to see if I could possibly have her or I test out the viewfinder to see if it is compatible with the ALPA 12 series cameras.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post

[email protected]
    +44 (0)1702 716116

Yair

Post Thanks / Like

...so did anyone actually get a chance to see whether it works with Alpa? I'm very curious as well...!

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

We are now distributing Silvestri here in the states. We just placed an order on Friday, I will see what I can do to get one of these added to try out.

It looks very useful.

Lance
    LANCE SCHAD - Digital Transitions - Phase One,Mamiya | Leaf,Arca-Swiss,Cambo, Profoto
    direct/cell:610-496-5586 office:877-367-8537x224
    http://www.digitaltransitions.com email:[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hmmm... now let's see, this new fanged view finder that you can shift only costs what, $780?? Oh, and then add the mask for each lens at about $67 a copy. So, to be able to see a close approximation of the view, goes for the tidy sum of $850 for the first lens. Too bad the masks aren't calibrated for the size of the digital sensor you are using. With that error built in, I really would need to wonder at the usefulness of this device especially considering the high cost. But this is just my opinion....

carbonmetrictree

I'm still interested in seeing if this works, I've been pretty happy with the ALPA viewfinder and didn't want to plunk another $1k down for another VF. I do like how the Silvestri has a smaller form factor. One of my concerns is if the masks for the Silvestri will support the Rodenstock 23mm HR that will be coming out shortly mid-December. And the other is what Chuck just posted below, there's no point in using it if the Silvestri isn't accurate to a MFDB + ALPA setup.

Hey Lance, if you'd like me to test it out for a few days when CI gets some in stock, you know who to call!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lance_schad View Post
    We are now distributing Silvestri here in the states. We just placed an order on Friday, I will see what I can do to get one of these added to try out.

It looks very useful.

Lance
    ...(eagerly awaiting for the silvestri and 2nd hand Alpa a-la-cart pricing)...