The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryan Aqajani

Taken yesterday at Chatfield State Park, Littleton, CO
Mamiya RZ Pro IID (The cheapest and most enjoyable MFD to use ever); Phase One IQ180; Mamiya RZ 37mm f/4.5
No Tripod. The camera was put on a rock to get an ant's-eye view.
Awesome shot! I have not used that 37mm lens yet wondering if it is possible to mount a Lee filter system on it!? Also, do you see any significant distortion specially with a full-frame back or 36x48mm!? Thanks in advance :)

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Awesome shot! I have not used that 37mm lens yet wondering if it is possible to mount a Lee filter system on it!? Also, do you see any significant distortion specially with a full-frame back or 36x48mm!? Thanks in advance :)
The 37mm is a great lens. It is sharp and fun to shoot. My favorite thing to do with this lens is to put the RZ on the ground or rock to get different point of views.
I've never tried to use the Lee filter with it.
When the camera has placed parallel to the X axis, there will be only a minor distortion. The distortion can easily be corrected with PS, easier than the fisheyes from Nikon or Canon as this is a crop from 6x7.
The whole system costs less than a copy of SK 150mm lens for Mamiya DF!

Thanks for your interest and kind words, Aryan.
Pramote

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Landscapelover;469508 The whole system costs less than a copy of SK 150mm lens for Mamiya DF! .... Pramote[/QUOTE said:
Well just so long as you don't account for the cost of the IQ180 of course :ROTFL:

:thumbup:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Aryan...This one was also taken with the RZ and 37 mm fisheye lens. No correction of distortion was required when the camera was parallelled to the the ground.

Aryan Aqajani

Thank to for the reply Pramote :) In this case, I think with a 36x48 sensor, the distortion would be more minimal and easier to fix in Capture One then!

The best camera ever shot with it's sibling RZ67ProIID & 180mm.

No idea why I shot this, but found it had a roll of film in the M7II. No idea what's on it so finished it off today. It was sitting on the table and I couldn't resist grabbing a portrait of my old friend.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Taken few hours ago at Chatfield State Park, Littleton, CO
Mamiya RZ Pro IID; Mamiya RZ 65mm; Lee 0.6 GND
Phase One IQ 180 DB

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Taken this morning at my favorite spot at Chatfield State Park, Littleton, CO
Hasselblad H1; Phase One P45+; HC 35mm; Lee 0.6 GND

Last edited:

Shashin

Pramote, how many MFD systems/backs do you have? Forget that, I probably don't want to know and you don't want to be reminded...

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote, how many MFD systems/backs do you have? Forget that, I probably don't want to know and you don't want to be reminded...
Enough to know the strength and flaw of each systems.
I think it is OK if you buy second hand with reasonable price. I am glad I've been experimenting with these MFDBs. I pretty much know what I am looking for now. My next experiment is an 8x10.
I think I am doing fine with this journey. This is my long term investment in the next decades. Too bad I am a scientist and serious with both my professional and passion. I work hard and play hard.
My 33 guitars I've been collecting over 20 years hold values better than a stock market :)
Pramote

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Rocking the P45+ for some awesome long exposures still :)

Monument Valley, Utah.
How long were your steps on this one? Don't you just love waiting for the dark frame to complete too?

I noticed on the Flickr version that you mentioned a 3hr stack. How are you avoiding the dark frame blank sections in the star trails? (I shoot these using my D800 IR with 4min exposures with 1s intervals between shots and there are slight breaks in the trails even at those short intervals - that's with no dark frame subtraction at work).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.