The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

The Autumnal season and associated harvest wouldn't be complete without the ubiquitous tractor.
Near Crozet Virginia, just off the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Pentax 645Z; FA 45-85mm

Attachments

Last edited:

tcdeveau

Haven't been shooting much the past month, but I saw a picture today on instagram that made me want to revisit some shots from earlier in the year. Here's the church in Vik from my Icelandic adventure this spring. Pentax 645z and 80-160mm FA (I think?). Not bad for shooting out of the window of a moving car? An area where CMOS definitely has an edge so I could bump up the ISO to get a fast enough shutter speed to avoid [too much] motion blur. The 80-160mm FA was a really handy focal length and I'm thinking about maybe getting one to try on the X1D and see what happens.
-Todd

IMGP5173-Edit.jpg

vieri

A beautiful sunrise at Zabriskie Point, Death Valley

Sunrise at Zabriskie Point, taken in Death Valley during one of the Workshops I led there last January. Leica S (007), Leica Vario-Elmar-S 30-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Mark C

Out early yesterday as my son was playing in a football match (soccer) on the coast near us. The lure of early morning light on the dunes nearby soon drew me away from the game :) GFX + GF 45mm:

Fragile dune plants by Mark, on Flickr

ejpeiker

Minard Castle, County Kerry, Ireland
XF-IQ3100, SK 35mm BR, ISO 100, f/11, 20s

An insanely dangerous shooting vantage to get to but well worth it as no bones or gear was broken...

IRL_MinardCastle04.jpg

stevenfr

This forest has been interesting to shoot over the years. One year we bumped into a grizzly bear in these woods. My wife and I didn't see it until we were ten yards from the bear. We could hear it eating berries. My wife was not pleased with me.

Steven

darr

Camellia

Even in the coldness of these wintery nights in north Florida, my camellias are blooming. Image was made on Tri-X (400) and around the same time, other images were made with Pan F (50) to show a friend new to film processing the usefulness of stand development. Both films were processed in the same tank with pyrocat HD for an hour, and both came out well. I like this image best because of how the highlights glow a bit with the Tri-X over the stark sharpness of the Pan F.

D&A

The closing of the colorful Autumn season generally coincides with deer rutting season.
"Early Morning Sunrise Greeting"
Humpback Rocks on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia.
Pentax 645Z; DA 25mm.

Attachments

Last edited:

D&A

Great timing with both of the above images, Dave! Love it!:thumbup:
Thanks ever so much Dave, very much appreciated! Often its a matter of luck and/or being in the right place at the right time....although the Buck scared the living daylights out of me out of me. He came up right in front of me as I was looking down and changing lenses, which resulted in my quickly gazing up to see what the rustling sound was all about. At that secluded hour and place in the woods, it certainly wasn't expected. Then again, what does this "city slicker" (me of course) know about life in the woods...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Deltona

The promise of some snowfall had me up at daft o'clock heading out to a location I've been visiting over the last few weeks. While our village was covered in the white stuff, nowhere else was. Still it was nice to get out in the cold and capture the dawn.

Pentax 645z 35mm + cpl.

One and a half trees.
_IMG4769-Edit.jpg

Attachments

Collin Orthner

When it gets thick enough, ice fog can eliminate any evidence of a horizon as it did on this day. I drove quite extensively around Red Deer County, Alberta in the fog, which I find very enjoyable! Everything becomes very isolated and a feeling of loneliness pervades. Sounds become muted and whenever I stopped to have a look around or take a picture, I am sure to turn of the vehicle to enjoy the silence. Usually I’ll here a magpie, raven or maybe a distant farm dog barking. One day while out I heard a rather loud gunshot! I couldn’t see who was responsible and I’m certain whomever it was couldn’t see me, so I hightailed it out of there pretty quick!

GFX, Mamiya 645 55mm

Status
Not open for further replies.