The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
:thumbdown:
Holy crap, Matt!!! That's scary stuff!!! :bugeyes:

God bless you for the courage to take on such a dangerous but necessary task.

Joe
I guess that if it starts ticking again you’re not going to be able to run far enough away ... :shocked:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Not a career where you want to go out with a bang.

Matt, take care.
Just to be clear, mjr is Mat. I'm Matt. I deeply enjoy and admire his work, hope one day to meet him, and don't think anyone would ever confuse us, but I do feel obligated to keep us straight.

Best,

Matt

Shashin

Just to be clear, mjr is Mat. I'm Matt. I deeply enjoy and admire his work, hope one day to meet him, and don't think anyone would ever confuse us, but I do feel obligated to keep us straight.

Best,

Matt
My apologies. Although I did have Mat in mind. I do not confuse either of you, regardless of typos.

MGrayson

Three birds.
Leica S(006), 100/2, and a mini-cube :)

I have got to learn to like tripods. The results are so much sharper that it's just a crime not to use them, but spontaneity is tough, change of vantage point takes will-power, and ... well, it's just different.

-Matt

M

mjr

:thumbdown:

I guess that if it starts ticking again you’re not going to be able to run far enough away ... :shocked:
Thats why we have EOD experts Graham, there's minimal risk and years of experience. These are 750lb and 1000lb bombs all dug up in the last couple of weeks from the local area, they are deemed safe to move and brought to a set demolition area to be destroyed, there are hundreds of small cricket ball sized cluster munitions everywhere that are far too dangerous to move, they get blown up in situ. Anything being manhandled like this has been assessed for risk very stringently. We blew up 3 on Friday, the noise and thump from the 1000lb bomb was just unbelievable, what happens after they are destroyed is proper scary, they are designed to separate in to hundreds of extremely sharp jagged pieces which rip apart anything in their path.

M

mjr

Not a career where you want to go out with a bang.

Mat, take care.
Thanks Will, it's a shame that it's necessary but glad to be a part of clearing the area, still people being killed and maimed from the unexploded bombs here.

Matt, nobody will mistake us, I'm older and have less hair!

Have a good weekend and thanks to all who have liked and commented.

Cheers

Mat

docmoore

This was taken earlier ... when there still was a little color in the landscape here. Now just shades of straw, and bare fractals for
all deciduous specie.

Hasselblad 4116

Regards,

Bob

drunkenspyder

The drawbridge over the Sacramento River in Rio Vista, CA. This morning's sunrise. Fog is common around here in the winter, but the depth and thickness of the ground fog were a bit surprising.
P1 XF | 35mm LS | Trichro | f/18 | 15s | ISO 35 | Lee SW150 .3 ND Grad | .9 ND

Last edited:

MGrayson

The drawbridge over the Sacramento River in Rio Vista, CA. This morning's sunrise. Fog is common around here in the winter, but the depth and thickness of the ground fog was a bit surprising.
P1 XF | 35mm LS | Trichro | f/18 | 15s | ISO 35 | Lee SW150 .3 ND Grad | .9 ND

Wow! :thumbs:

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.