The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterA

I have no idea how this happened. One minute, I'm sitting in my living room, and then *poof* a GFX 100 with 110/2 AND a cat. This is a tight crop at f/2.8, 1/45, ISO 3200, hand-held.

Confused,

Matt
Perfectly understandable this camera - I can't afford a tripod either have to rely on IBIS.:ROTFL:

ShaunQ

One of my first photos with the new XF, shot standing on the front of my boat...

Its a pretty beautiful piece of rock to shoot and always has nice morning light from the east, shot with the XF/IQ360/SK80BR.

PeterA

Well I am still very much in testing and getting to you know part of long term relationship with my GFX100...

45mm@f4/1/60th

I'm happy with good light performance and getting much closer to CCD chip sparkle I used to get with previous generation(s) backs...

Above and below : Wacked a Fotodiox adaptor and put a 50 lux on it for some quick testing ...seems to underexpose by a stop and heavy vignetting - 2stops w(which can be fixed...but I don't think the Leica M glass can resolve the 100MP as well as GFX Fujio glass...also if I was shooting a Fuji lens the bird would have been focussed tracked - the OOF rendering makes for interesting effects but I won't be bothering with Leica M glass for IQ.

Satrycon

interesting..with the novoflex i get very little vignetting and no exposure issues.

Well I am still very much in testing and getting to you know part of long term relationship with my GFX100...

45mm@f4/1/60th

I'm happy with good light performance and getting much closer to CCD chip sparkle I used to get with previous generation(s) backs...

Above and below : Wacked a Fotodiox adaptor and put a 50 lux on it for some quick testing ...seems to underexpose by a stop and heavy vignetting - 2stops w(which can be fixed...but I don't think the Leica M glass can resolve the 100MP as well as GFX Fujio glass...also if I was shooting a Fuji lens the bird would have been focussed tracked - the OOF rendering makes for interesting effects but I won't be bothering with Leica M glass for IQ.

P. Chong

I don't normally shoot at events, but here is a portrait I took at a recent IWC event. Available light, Leica S Type 007 with Summarit-S 70/2.5 ASPH CS. Hand held. Portrait is of IWC CEO Christoph Grainger-Herr.

cgh.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
My usual haunt - walking around the reservoir in Central Park.

The 23. I'm still struggling with color (this is LR) and keeping the sky from going cyan or magenta is tricky. Some of it only happens on JPEG conversion. Will try in C1 and see if it's less of a problem.

The 32-64 is, as others have reported, excellent. This is at the long end, where it is weakest. Still looks good. Still problems with sky color.

And the famous crop-ability of the large MP count. This is 1200x1600 px.

Matt

Satrycon

nice skyline

i found capture one pro 12 gives way better results than lightroom with the GFX files

My usual haunt - walking around the reservoir in Central Park.

The 23. I'm still struggling with color (this is LR) and keeping the sky from going cyan or magenta is tricky. Some of it only happens on JPEG conversion. Will try in C1 and see if it's less of a problem.

The 32-64 is, as others have reported, excellent. This is at the long end, where it is weakest. Still looks good. Still problems with sky color.

And the famous crop-ability of the large MP count. This is 1200x1600 px.

Matt

dave.gt

Inspiration for the 2019 Fall Color Season:

H5D-50c 80/2.8:

A change in latitude will hopefully result in more colorful results, but this is as good as it gets in the lower Piedmont of Georgia.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.