The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which Alpa lenses are best for stitching?

narikin

In Alpa mounts and CHF,
Sk60xl 5,195
Rodi 60hr-s 3,753
OP was talking about Alpa mount, not raw lens from B&H. So you have to go with their prices.

Yes Alpa does charge a premium, but the Schneider is not twice the price. I have noticed lately the forums are putting an expansion factor on these lens prices though. I recently saw a thread with the 90hr at $10,000 (it is 5,993 in an Alpa mount).
Dave
Yes the Shcneider works out around US$6000 by the time you add import duty and markup etc.

Sadly the Roddy has just had a price increase - it used to be about 2700Sfr, or about $3500, hence the near 1/2 price suggestion - I should have checked prices! It is now 3750Sfr, so its about $1500 cheaper. Not half price, but a real saving, and you sometimes see them on eBay for $2500 to 3000 - a good lens to buy.

Yes Alpa has a hefty markup. I would like the Alpa price list to be clearer what you will pay in US dollars, as it seems to not simply be the exchange rate that day converted. there seem to be a +5 to 10% price according to which way the wind blows, and your dealers mood!

dchew

Yes!
I am waiting on delivery of a 90hr and 60xl from my dealer, Dodd (hence my interest in the pricing).

Actually the U.S. pricing this time was pretty good!