The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SK 35XL and Sony A7R2 performances

TsurTriger

Hello,
Someone has experience with this combination of Sony A7R2 and SK 35/5.6 Apo - Digitar XL (connected via tech system) and can tell his toughs of IQ?

I read that the SK 35/5.6XL starts to "stutter" on 80MP+ digital backs. The Sony is not a 80MP but its pixels are more denser due to smaller sensor (MF vs 35) therefore, I would like to know if this is a good choice or I have no other option and need to start to save money for Rodie HR40 (which is about 2-3 more expensive).

TsurTriger

Paul, If I understand you right : as long as I will not use T&S, the IQ will be good enough?
The problems / drop on IQ occurs when T&S goes beyond the 8mm?

Paul2660

Paul, If I understand you right : as long as I will not use T&S, the IQ will be good enough?
The problems / drop on IQ occurs when T&S goes beyond the 8mm?
The 35XL will cover at least 8mm of shift on the A7RII, however past that and the color cast issues start to overtake you. You will still need to process out a LCC in C1 just like with a tech camera.

Paul Caldwell

thrice

Perhaps if you have the Kolari thin filter mod the SK35XL will produce less smearing.
On a MFDB it performs great at 60MP or less.