The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

XF with IQ180 back firmware upgrade question

malmac

I am having a spot of bother upgrading the firmware on our XF.

Process so far.

Upgraded IQ180 back from 6.07.1 to 7.01.1

That went ahead without problems.

Then I updated the XF from 3.00.41 to update 2 - 2.01.2

I know the numbers seem backwards don't get that.
But it said can't update to feature set 3 until I out in feature set 2 - which I did without problems.

But now my camera will not recognize the firmware update CP3.03.5

My camera just says, "cannot find any valid firmware on card"

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mal

Last edited:

tashley

Subscriber Member

I am having a spot of bother upgrading the firmware on our XF.

Process so far.

Upgraded IQ180 back from 6.07.1 to 7.01.1

That went ahead without problems.

Then I updated the XF from 3.00.41 to update 2 - 2.01.2

I know the numbers seem backwards don't get that.
But it said can't update to feature set 3 until I out in feature set 2 - which I did without problems.

But now my camera will not recognize the firmware update CP3.03.5

My camera just says, "cannot find any valid firmware on card"

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mal
I had a support case and there are several faults with P1's process here that can trap you.

Firstly, you are on the archive page (as you posted above) and not the current firmware page. Secondly, the latest FW for the back is 8.03.xx even though elsewhere on the site it states that the latest is 8.02

Follow these instructions exactly and it should work - it did for me - but I cannot see how anyone would ever work this out without a support call.

To get the latest firmware from our website, download the Firmware package (.fwp) from the Download Page.

Go to the box that says Firmware Updates and Archive.

Select Firmware Updates >

Select Download firmware.

If you have not logged in, it will ask you to.

When the file is done downlaoding, unzip it.

Locate the .fwp file and rename it so the extension is .zip instead of .fwp.

Unzip and open that folder.

You will now see the latest firmware versions. You need for the IQ180, "IQA8.03.14 FWR"

malmac

Tashley

Thank you very much, I would never have cracked that.

I actually bought a secondhand XF camera to run with my IQ180.

At present I cannot see me being able to buy even a secondhand 100Mp back - though I would like one.

The only downsides to the 180 with the XF for me is that the iso function is not integrated - which is an annoyance rather than a deal breaker (still have to change iso using top right button on the back.

The other reality is that this camera is a touch screen driven camera and while it has a few buttons and dials, it is mostly driven by the touchscreen process. As a Canon 1D user, used to driving my camera through the viewfinder for most everyday functions - it has taken a bit of adjustment.

I do appreciate the update to the IQ180 back which now gives me important camera control functions on the back screen - so when the camera is high on my tripod I will be able to change camera settings from the digital back rather than having to look down on the top camera screen.

I realise you are looking at an 100Mp back for your tech camera and not an XF but I am sure there might be others with an IQ180 back looking at upgrading to the XF who might be interested.

Thanks again for sharing how to update the firmware.

Mal