The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad XH Lens Adapter "Shift Edition" would be great

BJNY

Venus Optics has the right idea with Magic Shift Converter for their Laowa 12mm lens.

I wish Hasselblad would offer a shiftable version of the Hasselblad XH lens adapter....would be great

especially mated with HCD 24mm & HCD 28mm lenses.

There seems to be plenty of depth to allow for tripod mount and shifting mechanism.

Keep the gold pins for communication, and leave out any optics.

I believe this would appeal to many landscape and architectural photographers.

yaya

The Laowa's optics increase the image circle (and the focal length, as does the HTS) to allow for shifting. If you leave the optics out you will not be able to do much shifting, if at all...

BR
Yair

tcdeveau

The Laowa's optics increase the image circle (and the focal length, as does the HTS) to allow for shifting. If you leave the optics out you will not be able to do much shifting, if at all...

BR
Yair
I imagine you'd be able to do some since the HC/HCD lenses are designed for larger-than-33x44mm sensors and the X series seems to be locked in more or less at 33x44mm?

bab

There is always another way to accomplish something if your looking, but if you don't look you will never find the way.
As for the many needed or wanted accessories, lenses and firmware requests regarding the H system I don't think that is the way the H company is headed based on their past performance in the market.

As for the tilt most of the time 2.5 degrees is the maximum needed so I sure that's possible.

I'd settle for just the regular XH adapter that I've been waiting on forever!!! :banghead:

But, yeah, that would be great too.

So apparently if you complain on the internet and then google, a miracle happens and you actually find one! For some reason I decided to just google XH adapter under the shopping tab and one was available at Samy's camera. It arrived today! I have an older lens, so AF doesn't work, I'm not sure if they have implemented it in the firmware yet even on the newer lenses. I'll have to borrow a newer lens to test if out with. But it attaches easily and securely (but not as overly tight as some of the X lenses). It's almost same size length wise as the 90mm with the adapter and the 100 2.2 attached. the diameter is larger obviously. But I will be VERY happy with this, especially once they implement AF.

Also, my camera tells me that her heart now feels "complete." She was feeling a little bit hollow on the inside, seeing the 100 2.2, but not being able to connect with it. Being connected to it has her smiling brightly! :angel:

bcambern

So apparently if you complain on the internet and then google, a miracle happens and you actually find one! For some reason I decided to just google XH adapter under the shopping tab and one was available at Samy's camera. It arrived today! I have an older lens, so AF doesn't work, I'm not sure if they have implemented it in the firmware yet even on the newer lenses. I'll have to borrow a newer lens to test if out with. But it attaches easily and securely (but not as overly tight as some of the X lenses). It's almost same size length wise as the 90mm with the adapter and the 100 2.2 attached. the diameter is larger obviously. But I will be VERY happy with this, especially once they implement AF.

Also, my camera tells me that her heart now feels "complete." She was feeling a little bit hollow on the inside, seeing the 100 2.2, but not being able to connect with it. Being connected to it has her smiling brightly! :angel:
You're killing me Josh! I've had one on order with Samy's for a couple months now and am still waiting. Glad to hear you got yours and I hope you are enjoying it.

You're killing me Josh! I've had one on order with Samy's for a couple months now and am still waiting. Glad to hear you got yours and I hope you are enjoying it.

So sorry, I've had it on order for months as well at two different places and honestly have no idea how I lucked into getting this one. I didn't believe I was actually getting it until I opened the box.