The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One IQ3 100MP 'Achromatic or IQ3 100MP Trichromatic?

Alexander

Hi there,

Both of these DB's are very expensive for many to afford both. So, if any of you happen to have both, could you please upload raw samples from the same (exact) scene. Please, advise on their B+W matching differences when it comes to processing in C1, in order (if possible) to produce the difference of the other.

If this is too much to ask.. perhaps, dealers representing Phase One could assist further..

Thank you

Alexander

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
As a dealer specializing in Phase One gear we maintain a large database of reference raw files and spend hundreds of hours executing testing for just this reason. If you're located in the US please get in touch and we will be glad to assist you.

Alexander

Thank you Doug,

Any two raw samples of the same scene with Achromatic and Trichromatic that you can post or send me? First impression is important, as I would like to prepare number of questions before I see you guys.

I would like to use both images in layers on the top of each other.. Therefore, it would help, if both DB's are aligned for the same scene accordingly.

Obviously, let the subject/scene be in favor of Achromatic DB. If that's going into too much detail, then any scene you pick will do.

Regards

Dan Santoso

Hope someone can give comparison samples between Trichromatic and IQ3 100.

Just wondering how much improvement as we have PS to fix color and it is relative to our eyes as well.

Thanks

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
We need the Doug Petersen or Brad Kaye technical article on the new trichromatic... or better yet a deep tech from Niels Knudsen.

So far I’ve only read high level puff pieces.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
We need the Doug Petersen or Brad Kaye technical article on the new trichromatic... or better yet a deep tech from Niels Knudsen.

So far I’ve only read high level puff pieces.
Graham if you are going to be in NY or LA we have a few events planned over the next few weeks where you can learn more about the TriChromatic system .

Digital Transitions is going to be holding a few events over the next month where will have both Neils and Lars both of Phase One DK presenting and have example images to examine in print and on Eizo Displays of the whole Phase One product line.

We will also be exhibiting at the Photoplus Expo in NY which includes our Annual PPE Kickoff Party @ ROOT Studios in NY in the evening of October 25 (Registration/Details) and have a large booth at the PPE Show October 26-28 (Details) where you will get to meet our staff as well as many members of the Phase One Team.

NYC October 12 @ Digital Transitions - NY -
35 West 35th St 4th Fl New York , NY 10001
Niels will be speaking about the science behind the new Trichromatic sensor, what it means for photographers and how Trichromatic Technology will change the photography game. Niels will also talk about the latest firmware update, Feature Update #4, for the Phase One XF Camera Platform. Feature Update #4 includes new Focus tools, and Niels will talk about Phase One’s choice to focus on Focus and who will benefit.
In addition, our very own Doug Peterson will be speaking about the newest software updates available in Capture One 10.2.
More Info and Registration here

NYC October 17@ Digital Transitions - LA -
held @ Optimist Design - 5431 W 104th St
Los Angeles, CA 90045
(plenty of Free parking)
Lau will be speaking about the science behind the new Trichromatic sensor, what it means for photographers and how Trichromatic Technology will change the photography game. Lau will also talk about the latest firmware update, Feature Update #4, for the Phase One XF Camera Platform. Feature Update #4 includes new Focus tools, and Niels will talk about Phase One’s choice to focus on Focus and who will benefit.
In addition, our very own Doug Peterson will be speaking about the newest software updates available in Capture One 10.2.
More Info and Registration here

Also we are still in the midst of completing a comprehensive sample library from the testing we have been doing since its release, including a commentary by Doug. Please stay tuned.

Lance