The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID with Leaf Aptus 22 Help

ssc

Hey guys! Could I get some help from the genii that hang out here?

I have a Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID and a Leaf Aptus 22. The problem I'm having is that I can't get the camera to recognize the digital back. When I press the shutter button, the orange light for the shutter not being cocked or the film not being advanced goes on and the camera beeps. I feel like I might be missing something obvious, but I can't seem to find anyone who has had this problem on line. Does anyone know what might be happening?

Thanks in advance!

med

In the “Camera” section of the Aptus 22 there is a secti N where you can tell it what kind of camera you are using (Hassy H1, Large format, Mamiya, etc) and mine has an option for an RZ 67 (despite being a Hasselblad physical mount).

Is yours set to the RZ?

yaya

Assuming that your back is in Mamiya mount;

If you are using a mechanical (Leaf) adapter you need a sync cable from the lens to the back and the back needs to be set to either RZ or large format

If you are using a Mamiya electronic adapter (HX701) then the back needs to be set to Mamiya AFD

HTH

Yair

robdeszan

Welcome to the forum,

Can you trigger the camera with a film back? I had some issues with a faulty adapter plate and the camera behaved in a very erratic way.

Try to put some sellotape on both electronic connectors on the adapter plate (for horizontal and vertical orientation, isolating the camera from the adapter).

Once you tape both, install the adapter, put the DB on the camera and see whether you can trigger the shutter that way. It won't sync with the back, obviously, but if you get rid of the warning lights / beeping and manage to trigger the shutter, it may mean that the adapter plate is faulty.

Check and feedback. Will take it from there.

Good luck!

[HR][/HR]
Hey guys! Could I get some help from the genii that hang out here?

I have a Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID and a Leaf Aptus 22. The problem I'm having is that I can't get the camera to recognize the digital back. When I press the shutter button, the orange light for the shutter not being cocked or the film not being advanced goes on and the camera beeps. I feel like I might be missing something obvious, but I can't seem to find anyone who has had this problem on line. Does anyone know what might be happening?

Thanks in advance!