The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

might be nothing....but....gfx

drevil

Staff member
so i just got my gfx, with steel chens canon adapter and i am using the canon ts-e 17mm f4 lens with it.
going for the contax645 adapter soon as well, to use my collection of contax lenses as well.

and man am i happy with the setup.....wait....but for one thing.

when i use the electronic shutter of the GFX, it does make a quite annoying snarling sound with each actuation. first i thought its the release of stopping down the lens, but the noise is too loud for that.

anybody else noticed a weird noise when using the ES?

Paul2660

Not sure what the sound is, as mine is totally quite except for a slight click sound with ES.

I am using only the various Fuji lenses however and not an adapter. Are you sure the noise is not from the Canon lens/adapter?

Simple test, remove the lens, put on the mount cover, and fire the ES (with the camera set to fire with no lens on), see if you get the same sound.

Paul Caldwell

drevil

Staff member
ok it is something, other people i know reporting that the camera is completely silent, even with the camera cap on and no lens, the camera makes this snarling sound, time for the fuji support

drevil

Staff member
Ok it was nothing, it was simply a sound the canera plays with the ES to confirm the actuation.
The menu to deactivate it is well hidden:facesmack:

DezFoto

Ok it was nothing, it was simply a sound the canera plays with the ES to confirm the actuation.
The menu to deactivate it is well hidden:facesmack:
Oh boy, when will camera manufacturers learn that photographers don't want extra sounds as a "feature" :rolleyes:

drevil

Staff member
I wouldnt have any problem with a shutter sound
But that sound was definetely causing a worry in my brain "something must be worng"