The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is Hasselblad 150mp camera at?

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I thought the thread was about ...Whats Up at HB? The negative vibe is coming from HB lack of information about new products since the X1D .

They produce a stunning winner of a system with the X1D and some great lenses ...yet since the key events (1) X1D gets record number of pre orders and overwhelms HB production capacity...yet within a year they are heavily discounted and readily available (2) CEO that lead the turn around leaves (3) DJI buys in at 20% and I understand now owns 100% due to default by HB (4) not a whisper of new products from Photokina (5) Fuji plows ahead with introduction of new GFX 50 R at 60% of the X1d original price (6) Fuji shows prototype of 100MP GFX 100 S (7) Phase One introduces new IQ4 150 backs (8) Ming is hired then leaves HB .(9) HB introduces stunning new lenses yet doesn t appear to deliver them . (10) big discounts available on H gear .

Not even much of new firmware for the X1D ?

Those seem to be facts not opinions ?

My opinion ...HB does not seem to be positioned for success .

ErikKaffehr

The sum of all fears!

Best regards
Erik

I thought the thread was about ...Whats Up at HB? The negative vibe is coming from HB lack of information about new products since the X1D .

They produce a stunning winner of a system with the X1D and some great lenses ...yet since the key events (1) X1D gets record number of pre orders and overwhelms HB production capacity...yet within a year they are heavily discounted and readily available (2) CEO that lead the turn around leaves (3) DJI buys in at 20% and I understand now owns 100% due to default by HB (4) not a whisper of new products from Photokina (5) Fuji plows ahead with introduction of new GFX 50 R at 60% of the X1d original price (6) Fuji shows prototype of 100MP GFX 100 S (7) Phase One introduces new IQ4 150 backs (8) Ming is hired then leaves HB .(9) HB introduces stunning new lenses yet doesn t appear to deliver them . (10) big discounts available on H gear .

Not even much of new firmware for the X1D ?

Those seem to be facts not opinions ?

My opinion ...HB does not seem to be positioned for success .

bab

The sum of all fears!

Best regards
Erik
Or we can all look at it another way, why keep it a secret? What’s going to be so mind blowing revolutionary that hasn’t been seen, never thought of that you can’t discuss.
Even Apple is now forecasting future products, no forecasting is a thing of the past. Especially when you do finally release the new product and it’s expected.

As I said before H is not dead we will all be happy soon...however I wouldn’t hold my breath that the next release will be something as great as there is life on Mars. Unless DJI is releasing a new sensor that it manufactured which makes Sony useless!

BAB

citizin

I didn't notice they stopped offering the cfv-50c on their site, or even make an upgrade to it for the 100c.

I assumed it would always get the same treatment. Watching their socials advertising, they're still always showing off that system.

vjbelle

If I viewed buying a camera as an "investment," I would agree with you. Fuji is a much safer bet. However, I don't choose which camera to buy based upon what's coming down the pike in the future from that manufacturer. It's just a tool to me, and I choose what to buy based upon what it does today, not based upon what its replacement down the road will do. If I wasn't very happy with what a camera does today, I would never buy it.
Howard..... I don't disagree in the least. Just a different point of view.

Best for 2019.....

Victor

hcubell

Howard..... I don't disagree in the least. Just a different point of view.

Best for 2019.....

Victor
Best to you as well, Victor. May your images in 2019 live up to your expectations, and, more importantly, may you enjoy good health.

BigBoy

Dang just came back to the forum so i can post more. Dang Hasselblad still has no answer for Phaseone iq4150

Geoff

Well maybe doom and gloom. But X2D bodies are in stock, so someone is doing something right!

kdphotography

Dang just came back to the forum so i can post more. Dang Hasselblad still has no answer for Phaseone iq4150
Hasselblad has been generations behind Phase One for years now in terms of "MFDB flagships"----Phase is alone. Apparently H went where the sales/money is---their X cameras. I had hopes that Phase would have released a mirrorless camera (not a tech cam!) but they opted to stay "full frame" and let Fuji/GFX take that part of the market.

BigBoy

Hasselblad has been generations behind Phase One for years now in terms of "MFDB flagships"----Phase is alone. Apparently H went where the sales/money is---their X cameras. I had hopes that Phase would have released a mirrorless camera (not a tech cam!) but they opted to stay "full frame" and let Fuji/GFX take that part of the market.
I know this sounds crazy but phaseone may not be in business in 10 years. Leica S cameras are going mirrorless now and most likely will have great tech inside the camera plus ibis. I see no reason for phaseone to exist at this point unless they truly go mirrorless.

buildbot

I know this sounds crazy but phaseone may not be in business in 10 years. Leica S cameras are going mirrorless now and most likely will have great tech inside the camera plus ibis. I see no reason for phaseone to exist at this point unless they truly go mirrorless.
Maybe not in consumer photography, but I bet their aerial and industrial side will be just fine. They’ve been doing aerial camera designs since at least 2007/2008

stngoldberg

They will remain in business as long as they remain the best technology solution to photography which they are at the present time
stanley

Ray Harrison

I’m unaware of another vendor selling a 150MP ~54x40 sensor camera, certainly with Phase’s particular feature set. There’s a lot there that makes it compelling to this day. Life’s about choices, of course, and there are plenty of choices out there depending on what you’re after. :)

Paul Spinnler

Phase is the best. The image quality is unmatched and the sensors are rock solid. Their backs last forever, there's enormous DR, they have the largest sensor size and stuff like frame averaging is just plain fantastic, not to mention the fully integrated X shutter lenses.

buildbot

Phase is the best. The image quality is unmatched and the sensors are rock solid. Their backs last forever, there's enormous DR, they have the largest sensor size and stuff like frame averaging is just plain fantastic, not to mention the fully integrated X shutter lenses.
Their support is fantastic as well. Try getting the distance between the sensor silicon and cover glass from anyone else...Phase will tell you though.