Site Sponsors
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

The latest information from my dealer is : end of first quarter 2020 .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    The latest information from my dealer is : end of first quarter 2020 .
    I await my 907x Special Edition with patient composure.

Every time I take my sweet old Hasselblad 500CM out and shoot a roll of film with it, I think, "Why on earth do I make photographs with anything else?" The mood is forgotten quickly as soon as I want something lighter, smaller, etc ... but, to me, the V-system Hasselblads are simply timeless cameras and lenses. I'm so happy I still have the whole system and can't wait for the 907x and CFV 50c II back to arrive.

G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes , the special edition (black) comes first . But I will get the chrome edition .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The special edition "on the moon since 1969" will be available in week three of 2020 .
    Regards . Jürgen .

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know what has caused the delay bringing it to market? Although I'm VERY dark on Hasselblad at the moment (I'll refrain from ranting again!) I've always liked the concept of this new camera / back, but it would take the new 100mpx sensor as used in the Fuji to lure me in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    Anyone know what has caused the delay bringing it to market? Although I'm VERY dark on Hasselblad at the moment (I'll refrain from ranting again!) I've always liked the concept of this new camera / back, but it would take the new 100mpx sensor as used in the Fuji to lure me in.
    I do not, but most of the recent Hasselblad releases have been delayed, or alternatively have missed their projected ship date, so some delay is par for the course. The 35-75mm XCD zoom some of us are waiting on was supposed to ship in mid-October.

I'd definitely like to see Hasselblad make use of the Sony IMX461 sensor in the GFX 100, hopefully sooner than later. Til then I just need to find some more time to make use of my X1D....

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what has caused the "delay", although they never committed to a specific delivery date, stating rather that the 907x Special Edition "is expected to ship by the end of 2019." What does it matter, really?

I'm happy if they take their time and ship the camera when it's ready, within reason, rather than rush it out to meet some arbitrarily set deadline. I'm in no rush and wouldn't be sitting on my hands waiting for a camera if I were.

G

Post Thanks / Like

Has there been any info on the price of the back (chrome) alone? I can't seem to dig anything up. I see the special edition is $7499 with the 907x camera... hoping the back is under $5K

Post Thanks / Like

If they get it $5k or under, many people will be "running" to get this back. Makes a great easy CMOS MFDB answer, with many uses - either on view cameras with a V adapter (common enough) or Hassy V cameras.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    If they get it $5k or under, many people will be "running" to get this back. Makes a great easy CMOS MFDB answer, with many uses - either on view cameras with a V adapter (common enough) or Hassy V cameras.
    That's exactly what I want to use it for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Has there been any info on the price of the back (chrome) alone? I can't seem to dig anything up. I see the special edition is $7499 with the 907x camera... hoping the back is under $5K
    No pricing info yet AFAIK.

My guess: $4995 for the chrome non-special edition back, $1495 for the 907x. Maybe a package for $6k?

Hopefully the lunar editions ship soon and we get pricing info soon too.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The special edition "on the moon since 1969" will be available in week three of 2020 .
    The latest info from my dealer for delivery of the special edition is 12-14 weeks from now .
    No good news . No information about the delivery of the chrome version . CFV II 50 c + 907x .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

The latest info from my dealer for delivery of the special edition is 12-14 weeks from now .
    No good news . No information about the delivery of the chrome version . CFV II 50 c + 907x .
    At the second week of January, my dealer reported to me that the Hasselblad rep was expecting a first shipment of the 907x Special Edition kits to be at Hasselblad USA in the last week of January, and that it should ship to vendors "shortly after that" ... The dealer and spoke again just the other day: he's away from the office right now but is hoping that there is product in stock when he returns to the office next week.

It's a waiting game. I'm not in a hurry, although I'd love to start experimenting with and using the 907x. It'll be here when it gets here.

G

Post Thanks / Like

No good news . ....
    Equivalent of being told that the plane is 20 minutes late when they don't know yet how late it will be.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Equivalent of being told that the plane is 20 minutes late when they don't know yet how late it will be.
    As long as everyone gets their butt on the plane it doesn't matter if it leaves a little late I guess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mexecutioner View Post
    As long as everyone gets their butt on the plane it doesn't matter if it leaves a little late I guess
    Not if you have connecting flight to catch or must be at a place at a certain time!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not if you have connecting flight to catch or must be at a place at a certain time!
    This is true. Hopefully nobody put all the eggs in this basket with the known announcement-to-release-shipping cycle from Hassy.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't make any plans for any equipment I order until I have it in my hands AND have tested it.

G
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you're connecting

Post Thanks / Like

I’m in the airport bar waiting on my 35-75 XCD if anyone wants to join me haha

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, it could be worse. You could be waiting for Leica’s S3...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, it could be worse. You could be waiting for Leica’s S3...
    I think those are in the same hangar the Boeing 737 Max are.

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Remember: No matter what a company says, until a camera is in your hands, it doesn't exist.

This is key to enjoying photography. Unless you enjoy the wait. I like contemplating purchases, but only for things I can actually purchase. I'd love to play with an S3, but there isn't one.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Generally pretty patient, but is it just me, or is something a bit off? We've got the announcements, the images, and not a sign of product. Or is this just internet impatience rearing its head?

Hassy is joined by Leica and Phase One as "small manufacturers taking a different route". But compare this with Alpa, for example, who are all over their public image. Would love to support Hassy, really intrigued by the new back and the 907, but gee.... not so reassured. And the silence doesn't help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Generally pretty patient, but is it just me, or is something a bit off? We've got the announcements, the images, and not a sign of product. Or is this just internet impatience rearing its head?

Hassy is joined by Leica and Phase One as "small manufacturers taking a different route". But compare this with Alpa, for example, who are all over their public image. Would love to support Hassy, really intrigued by the new back and the 907, but gee.... not so reassured. And the silence doesn't help.
    This is how its been at least ever since the launch of the H6D and X1D back in 2016/2017 (although to be a fair a japanese earthquake affected the H6D-100c launch to a degree), and radio silence is generally how HB chooses to do business. I don't see it as something being a bit off, rather HB doing business as usual. They seem to only communicate at product launch and product shipment, and only ship things when they see them as fit to ship, regardless of any estimated availability. Heck even the dual charger and X remote were delayed by months, and those were just accessories. It gets old, especially for those of us that have been with the X system from the beginning, but you just have to hang in there and they follow through in the end. The mothership in Sweden chooses to hold their cards close to the chest for whatever reason.

I'd expect the 35-75mm and special edition 907x/CFVII to start shipping in the next month or two, but you never know with them.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I simply choose to absent myself from the "must have the latest thing announced RIGHT NOW!!" game. Nothing I buy has massive consequences for my photography or my life, so the only issue is that I must have faith that the manufacturer will produce and support the purchases I make. This is easier when I buy things a year or two post 'new announcement time' rather than ordering things that are newly announced. But since, in truth, I hardly need anything more at all to do my photography at this point, I see no problem with placing an order for a newly announced camera and then simply waiting for it to appear.

If I were dependent on new equipment to achieve the desired ends of a photographic business endeavor, I'd never depend upon newly announced equipment availability until I saw it at a shop. Those cares are long past for me, thankfully.

I have much more faith that Hasselblad will produce good equipment that I like using and that nets me further value from its use than what I see from most other vendors, so I wait and enjoy the anticipation...

G

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, the lack of communication only hurts Hasselblad. Most people already believe they're on deaths door so better, open updates on progress would only help that.

Personally, I'm still hurting over their sudden drop of support for their scanners and Flextight software to keep running on 64bit platforms. No communication about that or the sudden discontinuation of that line of products either. Not exactly professional level support in my opinion, but I digress...

Post Thanks / Like

Given that the mothership is in China, rather than Sweden, they may be on the Corona virus lock down. It's safe to assume that the products will start shipping as soon as the lock down is lifted, provided the staff are still alive.

Post Thanks / Like

still hurting over their sudden drop of support for their scanners and Flextight software to keep running on 64bit platforms.
    They are not the only one who perhaps saw the 64bit transition as a way to "encourage" new hardware purchases.

Maybe VueScan software (no association) might work?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    I simply choose to absent myself from the "must have the latest thing announced RIGHT NOW!!" game. Nothing I buy has massive consequences for my photography or my life

And often the "latest thing" often has actually little impact on one's photography!

But here, upgrading from CVF-50c Mark I to Mark II ought to make things much easier for technical camera users. CVF-50c Mark II was announced around June with delivery hinted for late August (2019)!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

And often the "latest thing" often has actually little impact on one's photography!

But here, upgrading from CVF-50c Mark I to Mark II ought to make things much easier for technical camera users. CVF-50c Mark II was announced around June with delivery hinted for late August (2019)!
    This is true, but as with most things at announcement time, I just let it wash up on the beach and recede back into the ocean.
    Unless the recent exchange between my dealer and the Hasselblad rep was him lying through his teeth or just making something up to quiet my dealer friend, the first batch of 907 Special Edition cameras (and CFV 50c II backs) should be in the hands of Hasselblad USA now, and in the middle of being distributed to vendors.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    Unless the recent exchange between my dealer and the Hasselblad rep was him lying through his teeth or just making something up to quiet my dealer friend, the first batch of 907 Special Edition cameras (and CFV 50c II backs) should be in the hands of Hasselblad USA now, and in the middle of being distributed to vendors.
    Very curious to see the first reviews of reviewers and of end-users.

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad refuse to give Hamrick the protocols and it’s too much work to reverse engineer -if that’s even possible.

Hasselblad marketed and sold these scanners new right up to OS 10.15 was released - one of my scanners is only a few years old - so it’s unconscionable in my opinion for them to abandon users, especially new owners.

But I digress... my point is simply it’s a small company that’s quite obviously running on very little resources, despite new owners.

They are not the only one who perhaps saw the 64bit transition as a way to "encourage" new hardware purchases.

Maybe VueScan software (no association) might work?

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad refuse to give Hamrick the protocols and it’s too much work to reverse engineer -if that’s even possible.

Hasselblad marketed and sold these scanners new right up to OS 10.15 was released - one of my scanners is only a few years old - so it’s unconscionable in my opinion for them to abandon users, especially new owners.

But I digress... my point is simply it’s a small company that’s quite obviously running on very little resources, despite new owners.
    It's not a small company. It's a small division of a very large company. If they didn't want to support the old hardware, they could have given the protocols to Hamerick. It's just a crappy customer service and support. There's no need to make excuses for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not – just trying to put it diplomatically and not force my opinions on others who are excited for a new product. My experience with Hasselblad has made me want to never buy another one of their products as a consequence, although must admit I'm quite interested in how this new CFV back if for no other reason than price point and performance with my Linhof Techno..

Quote Originally Posted by Abstraction View Post
    There's no need to make excuses for them.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Every manufacturer of every piece of equipment I have owned, used, and enjoyed has been lambasted on the internet for crappy customer service at one point or another .. no exceptions. It's never for one moment influenced my experience with whatever the equipment I owned and used was, or affected my purchase of more equipment from the same manufacturer.

I have my own list of manufacturers and vendors I won't buy from again due to my own experience with them and/or their products. I see little point to sharing it as it is quite certainly a list built from the disparity between my personal expectations and the reality of the specific products/service engagements I experienced, and hardly anything that I would point to as a significant criterium for purchase decisions by someone else.

I continue to enjoy awaiting my new Hasselblad equipment...

G

Post Thanks / Like

must admit I'm quite interested in how this new CFV back if for no other reason than price point and performance with my Linhof Techno..
    The only other option would be P1 IQ3 or IQ4 but price is in a different league.
    I am considering waiting until there is hopefully a CFV with the newer IMX461 sensor, the IMX161 sensor is now getting a bit long in the tooth.

Post Thanks / Like

The only other option would be P1 IQ3 or IQ4 but price is in a different league.
    I am considering waiting until there is hopefully a CFV with the newer IMX461 sensor, the IMX161 sensor is now getting a bit long in the tooth.
    Right there with you re: IMX461. If the current 907/CFVII had the IMX461 instead of the IMX161 my order would be in.

It seems like the next logical progression, unless they surprise us and update the H series with it instead. I imagine we're 2-4 years out from seeing something like this ship (especially considering the current 907x/CFVII isn't even shipping yet).

I'll save any hope/excitement for a CFV with the IMX461 until I see "now shipping" announcements, in the meantime just hope the current 907x/CFVII starts getting into the hands of those who have ordered soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

Quote Originally Posted by tcdeveau View Post
    Right there with you re: IMX461
    If you think about, the Fujifilm GFX 100 with the IMX461 sensor has been out now for over six months!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tcdeveau View Post
    they surprise us and update the H series with it instead
    I am pessimistic regarding the viability of the H system.

Post Thanks / Like

You mean realistic.

Post Thanks / Like

You mean realistic.
    ooof

thing is, the H body is still a joy to hold in the hand, compared to XF/DF offerings

imo obviously

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Massive Si View Post
    ooof

thing is, the H body is still a joy to hold in the hand, compared to XF/DF offerings

imo obviously
    Ergonomics, and not just the UI, are much more important compared to how often they are discussed. Every camera system feels different to every photographer. No one sets out to make an uncomfortable system - it must feel good to *someone*. But feel in the hand often matters more than the huge number of parameters we discuss here on an hourly basis (MP, DR, and corner sharpness leap to mind). Weight (balance), feel in the hand, ease of changing lenses (I could not get a grip on X1D lenses to save my life. Did they HAVE to make the surface near the mount perfectly smooth? Every other bit rotates!). These matter much more, but can't be quantified (ok, weight, sure, but not balance).

I never fell in love with either the H system or the X1D from an in-the-hand point of view, but others have, and that's what's important.

Matt
    Last edited by MGrayson; 10th February 2020 at 10:57.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post
    Ergonomics, and not just the UI, are much more important compared to how often they are discussed. Every camera system feels different to every photographer. No one sets out to make an uncomfortable system - it must feel good to *someone*. But feel in the hand often matters more than the huge number of parameters we discuss here on an hourly basis (MP, DR, and corner sharpness leap to mind). Weight (balance), feel in the hand, ease of changing lenses (I could not get a grip on X1D lenses to save my life. Did they HAVE to make the surface near the mount perfectly smooth? Every other bit rotates!). These matter much more, but can't be quantified (ok, weight, sure, but not balance).

I never fell in love with either the H system or the X1D from an in-the-hand point of view, but others do, and that's what's important.

Matt
    Isn't that true! It is so individual and what feels good to me might be awkward to you. I find the X1D feels like it was measured with my hands as a reference. It really sits perfect for me.
    Alpa 12 Plus • TC | Schneider 90N | Schneider 120N | Hasselblad X1D | XCD 21 | XCD 45 | XCD 90 | www.danlindberg.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    Isn't that true! It is so individual and what feels good to me might be awkward to you. I find the X1D feels like it was measured with my hands as a reference. It really sits perfect for me.
    I felt the same way first time I held one, when it was still a prototype at a dealer demo. Still do.

But ... I like how the Hasselblad SWC feels in my hands (and when I work with it on a tripod) even more, and the 500CM next to that. Something about them just clicks my "satisfying" button.

I'm hoping to see the 907x Special Edition very soon now...

G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post

I never fell in love with either the H system or the X1D from an in-the-hand point of view, but others do, and that's what's important.

Matt
    Ergonomics and the UX of the hardware is what is keeping me onto the H system. I had borrowed a full Phase Kit and it was one of the most unpleasant and frustrating camera's to use in that sense. Who-ever designed the 35mm blue ring, I have a special disliking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    My experience is identical. Moreover, the utter simplicity of the UI of the X1D makes the camera a joy to operate. Even if I don't pick it up for a month, there is no "relearning" curve. I just start shooting. I have owned a Sony A7RII, a Nikon D800e, and a Canon 5DSII. There are BOOKS about the menu systems and the buttons of these cameras and how to configure them. I would never choose to use one of these cameras, unless it was the only practical alternative for the work I wanted to do (e.g., photographing on a safari).

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the X1D II since it was released, and an H4D-60 before that. I had a feeling that the AF on the X1D II wasn't up to the standard of the H system, and having a chance to use the X1D II back-to-back with a friend's H6D-100c at an event this week, that does seem to be the case- AF on the X1D II is a big letdown in anything approximating low light, even with fast lenses. Hoping they get it right in the next generation, because I'm enjoying everything else about the X system.

Post Thanks / Like

I stated more a guts feeling. I would not be surprised if Hasselblad will concentrate on the 33x44mm sensor sized cameras. The mark II version of the X1D seems to be a quite useful camera and the 907X/CVF(II)-50c has a certain appeal that, I think, will speak strongly to hipsters and old V-System users alike.

Post Thanks / Like

B&H site updated:

Expected availability: Feb 28, 2020

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...l_edition.html