Site Sponsors
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 300 of 422

Thread: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

  1. #251
    Subscriber Member jotloob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    KEMPTEN / GERMANY
    Posts
    1,824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    122

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    The latest information from my dealer is : end of first quarter 2020 .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

  2. #252
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    The latest information from my dealer is : end of first quarter 2020 .
    I await my 907x Special Edition with patient composure.

    Every time I take my sweet old Hasselblad 500CM out and shoot a roll of film with it, I think, "Why on earth do I make photographs with anything else?" The mood is forgotten quickly as soon as I want something lighter, smaller, etc ... but, to me, the V-system Hasselblads are simply timeless cameras and lenses. I'm so happy I still have the whole system and can't wait for the 907x and CFV 50c II back to arrive.

    G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #253
    Subscriber Member jotloob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    KEMPTEN / GERMANY
    Posts
    1,824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    122

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Yes , the special edition (black) comes first . But I will get the chrome edition .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  4. #254
    Subscriber Member jotloob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    KEMPTEN / GERMANY
    Posts
    1,824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    122

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    The special edition "on the moon since 1969" will be available in week three of 2020 .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  5. #255
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Anyone know what has caused the delay bringing it to market? Although I'm VERY dark on Hasselblad at the moment (I'll refrain from ranting again!) I've always liked the concept of this new camera / back, but it would take the new 100mpx sensor as used in the Fuji to lure me in.

  6. #256
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    Anyone know what has caused the delay bringing it to market? Although I'm VERY dark on Hasselblad at the moment (I'll refrain from ranting again!) I've always liked the concept of this new camera / back, but it would take the new 100mpx sensor as used in the Fuji to lure me in.
    I do not, but most of the recent Hasselblad releases have been delayed, or alternatively have missed their projected ship date, so some delay is par for the course. The 35-75mm XCD zoom some of us are waiting on was supposed to ship in mid-October.

    I'd definitely like to see Hasselblad make use of the Sony IMX461 sensor in the GFX 100, hopefully sooner than later. Til then I just need to find some more time to make use of my X1D....

  7. #257
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    I don't know what has caused the "delay", although they never committed to a specific delivery date, stating rather that the 907x Special Edition "is expected to ship by the end of 2019." What does it matter, really?

    I'm happy if they take their time and ship the camera when it's ready, within reason, rather than rush it out to meet some arbitrarily set deadline. I'm in no rush and wouldn't be sitting on my hands waiting for a camera if I were.

    G

  8. #258
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Has there been any info on the price of the back (chrome) alone? I can't seem to dig anything up. I see the special edition is $7499 with the 907x camera... hoping the back is under $5K

  9. #259
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    If they get it $5k or under, many people will be "running" to get this back. Makes a great easy CMOS MFDB answer, with many uses - either on view cameras with a V adapter (common enough) or Hassy V cameras.

  10. #260
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    If they get it $5k or under, many people will be "running" to get this back. Makes a great easy CMOS MFDB answer, with many uses - either on view cameras with a V adapter (common enough) or Hassy V cameras.
    That's exactly what I want to use it for.

  11. #261
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Has there been any info on the price of the back (chrome) alone? I can't seem to dig anything up. I see the special edition is $7499 with the 907x camera... hoping the back is under $5K
    No pricing info yet AFAIK.

    My guess: $4995 for the chrome non-special edition back, $1495 for the 907x. Maybe a package for $6k?

    Hopefully the lunar editions ship soon and we get pricing info soon too.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #262
    Subscriber Member jotloob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    KEMPTEN / GERMANY
    Posts
    1,824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    122

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    The special edition "on the moon since 1969" will be available in week three of 2020 .
    The latest info from my dealer for delivery of the special edition is 12-14 weeks from now .
    No good news . No information about the delivery of the chrome version . CFV II 50 c + 907x .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  13. #263
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    The latest info from my dealer for delivery of the special edition is 12-14 weeks from now .
    No good news . No information about the delivery of the chrome version . CFV II 50 c + 907x .
    At the second week of January, my dealer reported to me that the Hasselblad rep was expecting a first shipment of the 907x Special Edition kits to be at Hasselblad USA in the last week of January, and that it should ship to vendors "shortly after that" ... The dealer and spoke again just the other day: he's away from the office right now but is hoping that there is product in stock when he returns to the office next week.

    It's a waiting game. I'm not in a hurry, although I'd love to start experimenting with and using the 907x. It'll be here when it gets here.

    G

  14. #264
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    The latest info from my dealer for delivery of the special edition is 12-14 weeks from now .
    No good news . ....
    Equivalent of being told that the plane is 20 minutes late when they don't know yet how late it will be.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  15. #265
    Member Mexecutioner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Equivalent of being told that the plane is 20 minutes late when they don't know yet how late it will be.
    As long as everyone gets their butt on the plane it doesn't matter if it leaves a little late I guess

  16. #266
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by Mexecutioner View Post
    As long as everyone gets their butt on the plane it doesn't matter if it leaves a little late I guess
    Not if you have connecting flight to catch or must be at a place at a certain time!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  17. #267
    Member Mexecutioner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Not if you have connecting flight to catch or must be at a place at a certain time!
    This is true. Hopefully nobody put all the eggs in this basket with the known announcement-to-release-shipping cycle from Hassy.

  18. #268
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    I don't make any plans for any equipment I order until I have it in my hands AND have tested it.

    G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  19. #269
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by Mexecutioner View Post
    As long as everyone gets their butt on the plane it doesn't matter if it leaves a little late I guess
    Unless you're connecting

  20. #270
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    I’m in the airport bar waiting on my 35-75 XCD if anyone wants to join me haha

  21. #271
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Hey, it could be worse. You could be waiting for Leica’s S3...

  22. #272
    Member Mexecutioner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    Hey, it could be worse. You could be waiting for Leica’s S3...
    I think those are in the same hangar the Boeing 737 Max are.

  23. #273
    Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Remember: No matter what a company says, until a camera is in your hands, it doesn't exist.

    This is key to enjoying photography. Unless you enjoy the wait. I like contemplating purchases, but only for things I can actually purchase. I'd love to play with an S3, but there isn't one.

    Matt

  24. #274
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Generally pretty patient, but is it just me, or is something a bit off? We've got the announcements, the images, and not a sign of product. Or is this just internet impatience rearing its head?

    Hassy is joined by Leica and Phase One as "small manufacturers taking a different route". But compare this with Alpa, for example, who are all over their public image. Would love to support Hassy, really intrigued by the new back and the 907, but gee.... not so reassured. And the silence doesn't help.

  25. #275
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Generally pretty patient, but is it just me, or is something a bit off? We've got the announcements, the images, and not a sign of product. Or is this just internet impatience rearing its head?

    Hassy is joined by Leica and Phase One as "small manufacturers taking a different route". But compare this with Alpa, for example, who are all over their public image. Would love to support Hassy, really intrigued by the new back and the 907, but gee.... not so reassured. And the silence doesn't help.
    This is how its been at least ever since the launch of the H6D and X1D back in 2016/2017 (although to be a fair a japanese earthquake affected the H6D-100c launch to a degree), and radio silence is generally how HB chooses to do business. I don't see it as something being a bit off, rather HB doing business as usual. They seem to only communicate at product launch and product shipment, and only ship things when they see them as fit to ship, regardless of any estimated availability. Heck even the dual charger and X remote were delayed by months, and those were just accessories. It gets old, especially for those of us that have been with the X system from the beginning, but you just have to hang in there and they follow through in the end. The mothership in Sweden chooses to hold their cards close to the chest for whatever reason.

    I'd expect the 35-75mm and special edition 907x/CFVII to start shipping in the next month or two, but you never know with them.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  26. #276
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    I simply choose to absent myself from the "must have the latest thing announced RIGHT NOW!!" game. Nothing I buy has massive consequences for my photography or my life, so the only issue is that I must have faith that the manufacturer will produce and support the purchases I make. This is easier when I buy things a year or two post 'new announcement time' rather than ordering things that are newly announced. But since, in truth, I hardly need anything more at all to do my photography at this point, I see no problem with placing an order for a newly announced camera and then simply waiting for it to appear.

    If I were dependent on new equipment to achieve the desired ends of a photographic business endeavor, I'd never depend upon newly announced equipment availability until I saw it at a shop. Those cares are long past for me, thankfully.

    I have much more faith that Hasselblad will produce good equipment that I like using and that nets me further value from its use than what I see from most other vendors, so I wait and enjoy the anticipation...

    G

  27. #277
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Honestly, the lack of communication only hurts Hasselblad. Most people already believe they're on deaths door so better, open updates on progress would only help that.

    Personally, I'm still hurting over their sudden drop of support for their scanners and Flextight software to keep running on 64bit platforms. No communication about that or the sudden discontinuation of that line of products either. Not exactly professional level support in my opinion, but I digress...

  28. #278
    Senior Member Abstraction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    469
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Given that the mothership is in China, rather than Sweden, they may be on the Corona virus lock down. It's safe to assume that the products will start shipping as soon as the lock down is lifted, provided the staff are still alive.

  29. #279
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    still hurting over their sudden drop of support for their scanners and Flextight software to keep running on 64bit platforms.
    They are not the only one who perhaps saw the 64bit transition as a way to "encourage" new hardware purchases.

    Maybe VueScan software (no association) might work?

  30. #280
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    I simply choose to absent myself from the "must have the latest thing announced RIGHT NOW!!" game. Nothing I buy has massive consequences for my photography or my life

    And often the "latest thing" often has actually little impact on one's photography!

    But here, upgrading from CVF-50c Mark I to Mark II ought to make things much easier for technical camera users. CVF-50c Mark II was announced around June with delivery hinted for late August (2019)!

  31. #281
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    And often the "latest thing" often has actually little impact on one's photography!

    But here, upgrading from CVF-50c Mark I to Mark II ought to make things much easier for technical camera users. CVF-50c Mark II was announced around June with delivery hinted for late August (2019)!
    This is true, but as with most things at announcement time, I just let it wash up on the beach and recede back into the ocean.
    Unless the recent exchange between my dealer and the Hasselblad rep was him lying through his teeth or just making something up to quiet my dealer friend, the first batch of 907 Special Edition cameras (and CFV 50c II backs) should be in the hands of Hasselblad USA now, and in the middle of being distributed to vendors.

    Keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

    G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  32. #282
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    Unless the recent exchange between my dealer and the Hasselblad rep was him lying through his teeth or just making something up to quiet my dealer friend, the first batch of 907 Special Edition cameras (and CFV 50c II backs) should be in the hands of Hasselblad USA now, and in the middle of being distributed to vendors.
    Very curious to see the first reviews of reviewers and of end-users.

  33. #283
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Hasselblad refuse to give Hamrick the protocols and it’s too much work to reverse engineer -if that’s even possible.

    Hasselblad marketed and sold these scanners new right up to OS 10.15 was released - one of my scanners is only a few years old - so it’s unconscionable in my opinion for them to abandon users, especially new owners.

    But I digress... my point is simply it’s a small company that’s quite obviously running on very little resources, despite new owners.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    They are not the only one who perhaps saw the 64bit transition as a way to "encourage" new hardware purchases.

    Maybe VueScan software (no association) might work?

  34. #284
    Senior Member Abstraction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    469
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    Hasselblad refuse to give Hamrick the protocols and it’s too much work to reverse engineer -if that’s even possible.

    Hasselblad marketed and sold these scanners new right up to OS 10.15 was released - one of my scanners is only a few years old - so it’s unconscionable in my opinion for them to abandon users, especially new owners.

    But I digress... my point is simply it’s a small company that’s quite obviously running on very little resources, despite new owners.
    It's not a small company. It's a small division of a very large company. If they didn't want to support the old hardware, they could have given the protocols to Hamerick. It's just a crappy customer service and support. There's no need to make excuses for them.

  35. #285
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    I'm not – just trying to put it diplomatically and not force my opinions on others who are excited for a new product. My experience with Hasselblad has made me want to never buy another one of their products as a consequence, although must admit I'm quite interested in how this new CFV back if for no other reason than price point and performance with my Linhof Techno..

    Quote Originally Posted by Abstraction View Post
    There's no need to make excuses for them.

  36. #286
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Every manufacturer of every piece of equipment I have owned, used, and enjoyed has been lambasted on the internet for crappy customer service at one point or another .. no exceptions. It's never for one moment influenced my experience with whatever the equipment I owned and used was, or affected my purchase of more equipment from the same manufacturer.

    I have my own list of manufacturers and vendors I won't buy from again due to my own experience with them and/or their products. I see little point to sharing it as it is quite certainly a list built from the disparity between my personal expectations and the reality of the specific products/service engagements I experienced, and hardly anything that I would point to as a significant criterium for purchase decisions by someone else.

    I continue to enjoy awaiting my new Hasselblad equipment...

    G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  37. #287
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    must admit I'm quite interested in how this new CFV back if for no other reason than price point and performance with my Linhof Techno..
    The only other option would be P1 IQ3 or IQ4 but price is in a different league.
    I am considering waiting until there is hopefully a CFV with the newer IMX461 sensor, the IMX161 sensor is now getting a bit long in the tooth.

  38. #288
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    The only other option would be P1 IQ3 or IQ4 but price is in a different league.
    I am considering waiting until there is hopefully a CFV with the newer IMX461 sensor, the IMX161 sensor is now getting a bit long in the tooth.
    Right there with you re: IMX461. If the current 907/CFVII had the IMX461 instead of the IMX161 my order would be in.

    It seems like the next logical progression, unless they surprise us and update the H series with it instead. I imagine we're 2-4 years out from seeing something like this ship (especially considering the current 907x/CFVII isn't even shipping yet).

    I'll save any hope/excitement for a CFV with the IMX461 until I see "now shipping" announcements, in the meantime just hope the current 907x/CFVII starts getting into the hands of those who have ordered soon.

  39. #289
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by tcdeveau View Post
    Right there with you re: IMX461
    If you think about, the Fujifilm GFX 100 with the IMX461 sensor has been out now for over six months!

  40. #290
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by tcdeveau View Post
    they surprise us and update the H series with it instead
    I am pessimistic regarding the viability of the H system.

  41. #291
    Member Mexecutioner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I am pessimistic regarding the viability of the H system.
    You mean realistic.

  42. #292
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by Mexecutioner View Post
    You mean realistic.
    ooof

    thing is, the H body is still a joy to hold in the hand, compared to XF/DF offerings

    imo obviously
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  43. #293
    Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by Massive Si View Post
    ooof

    thing is, the H body is still a joy to hold in the hand, compared to XF/DF offerings

    imo obviously
    Ergonomics, and not just the UI, are much more important compared to how often they are discussed. Every camera system feels different to every photographer. No one sets out to make an uncomfortable system - it must feel good to *someone*. But feel in the hand often matters more than the huge number of parameters we discuss here on an hourly basis (MP, DR, and corner sharpness leap to mind). Weight (balance), feel in the hand, ease of changing lenses (I could not get a grip on X1D lenses to save my life. Did they HAVE to make the surface near the mount perfectly smooth? Every other bit rotates!). These matter much more, but can't be quantified (ok, weight, sure, but not balance).

    I never fell in love with either the H system or the X1D from an in-the-hand point of view, but others have, and that's what's important.

    Matt
    Last edited by MGrayson; 10th February 2020 at 10:57.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  44. #294
    Senior Member danlindberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spain & Sweden
    Posts
    1,495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post
    Ergonomics, and not just the UI, are much more important compared to how often they are discussed. Every camera system feels different to every photographer. No one sets out to make an uncomfortable system - it must feel good to *someone*. But feel in the hand often matters more than the huge number of parameters we discuss here on an hourly basis (MP, DR, and corner sharpness leap to mind). Weight (balance), feel in the hand, ease of changing lenses (I could not get a grip on X1D lenses to save my life. Did they HAVE to make the surface near the mount perfectly smooth? Every other bit rotates!). These matter much more, but can't be quantified (ok, weight, sure, but not balance).

    I never fell in love with either the H system or the X1D from an in-the-hand point of view, but others do, and that's what's important.

    Matt
    Isn't that true! It is so individual and what feels good to me might be awkward to you. I find the X1D feels like it was measured with my hands as a reference. It really sits perfect for me.
    Alpa 12 Plus • TC | Schneider 90N | Schneider 120N | Hasselblad X1D | XCD 21 | XCD 45 | XCD 90 | www.danlindberg.com

  45. #295
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    Isn't that true! It is so individual and what feels good to me might be awkward to you. I find the X1D feels like it was measured with my hands as a reference. It really sits perfect for me.
    I felt the same way first time I held one, when it was still a prototype at a dealer demo. Still do.

    But ... I like how the Hasselblad SWC feels in my hands (and when I work with it on a tripod) even more, and the 500CM next to that. Something about them just clicks my "satisfying" button.

    I'm hoping to see the 907x Special Edition very soon now...

    G

  46. #296
    Member citizin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post
    Ergonomics, and not just the UI, are much more important compared to how often they are discussed. Every camera system feels different to every photographer. No one sets out to make an uncomfortable system - it must feel good to *someone*. But feel in the hand often matters more than the huge number of parameters we discuss here on an hourly basis (MP, DR, and corner sharpness leap to mind). Weight (balance), feel in the hand, ease of changing lenses (I could not get a grip on X1D lenses to save my life. Did they HAVE to make the surface near the mount perfectly smooth? Every other bit rotates!). These matter much more, but can't be quantified (ok, weight, sure, but not balance).

    I never fell in love with either the H system or the X1D from an in-the-hand point of view, but others do, and that's what's important.

    Matt
    Ergonomics and the UX of the hardware is what is keeping me onto the H system. I had borrowed a full Phase Kit and it was one of the most unpleasant and frustrating camera's to use in that sense. Who-ever designed the 35mm blue ring, I have a special disliking for.

  47. #297
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts and Vermont
    Posts
    1,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    Isn't that true! It is so individual and what feels good to me might be awkward to you. I find the X1D feels like it was measured with my hands as a reference. It really sits perfect for me.
    My experience is identical. Moreover, the utter simplicity of the UI of the X1D makes the camera a joy to operate. Even if I don't pick it up for a month, there is no "relearning" curve. I just start shooting. I have owned a Sony A7RII, a Nikon D800e, and a Canon 5DSII. There are BOOKS about the menu systems and the buttons of these cameras and how to configure them. I would never choose to use one of these cameras, unless it was the only practical alternative for the work I wanted to do (e.g., photographing on a safari).

  48. #298
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    I've been using the X1D II since it was released, and an H4D-60 before that. I had a feeling that the AF on the X1D II wasn't up to the standard of the H system, and having a chance to use the X1D II back-to-back with a friend's H6D-100c at an event this week, that does seem to be the case- AF on the X1D II is a big letdown in anything approximating low light, even with fast lenses. Hoping they get it right in the next generation, because I'm enjoying everything else about the X system.

  49. #299
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I am pessimistic regarding the viability of the H system.

    I stated more a guts feeling. I would not be surprised if Hasselblad will concentrate on the 33x44mm sensor sized cameras. The mark II version of the X1D seems to be a quite useful camera and the 907X/CVF(II)-50c has a certain appeal that, I think, will speak strongly to hipsters and old V-System users alike.

  50. #300
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

    B&H site updated:

    Expected availability: Feb 28, 2020


    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...l_edition.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •