Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finally!!! my GFX 100 will be here tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally!!! my GFX 100 will be here tomorrow.

All super large corporations are the problem imo. You get 3 people that make money and as a ratio the rest get pennies. Doesn't make much sense when the said companies cannot function without their employees yet the pay scales don't match.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

lets talk some bug findings, i had an issue since i got my 50s, that i could use my flash only every x shots, the flash would fire, or wouldnt, even when fully charged and ready, i use an old canon ex 580 first generation.

now i found out last night WHY it wont fire at every shot, when the EVF is active it WONT shoot! when the backscreen is active, i will.
    anybody else can confirm this?

i already contacted fujifilm support and informed them, hope they will fix this, including some minor translation issues i found in the german language menu.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    lets talk some bug findings, i had an issue since i got my 50s, that i could use my flash only every x shots, the flash would fire, or wouldnt, even when fully charged and ready, i use an old canon ex 580 first generation.

now i found out last night WHY it wont fire at every shot, when the EVF is active it WONT shoot! when the backscreen is active, i will.

i already contacted fujifilm support and informed them, hope they will fix this, including some minor translation issues i found in the german language menu.
    I will test mine and get back to you. I don't have your flash though but have some godox's? Godixi?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

last night i made a test with a rented x-t30, the canon flash fires all the time, when viewing through the EVF or not

Post Thanks / Like

A Canon flash on a Fuji camera and expecting things to work? Both brands have a very different communication protocol.

A Godox flash for Fuji cameras would do the trick. Apart from this, did you apply mechanical shutter and NOT electronic shutter?

Regards,
    Jaap

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

well jaap, it is working, only not while looking through the viewfinder! it works flawlessly on the x-t30

i dont expect it to work perfectly with HSS or whatever, but at least ttl or manual mode.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am curious why a Canon flash on a Fuji camera won't work, as I am assuming the camera and flash is set to manual exposure and not ETTL (which understandably won't work).

Quote Originally Posted by JaapD View Post
    A Canon flash on a Fuji camera and expecting things to work? Both brands have a very different communication protocol.

A Godox flash for Fuji cameras would do the trick. Apart from this, did you apply mechanical shutter and NOT electronic shutter?

Regards,
    Jaap

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by P. Chong View Post
    I am curious why a Canon flash on a Fuji camera won't work, as I am assuming the camera and flash is set to manual exposure and not ETTL (which understandably won't work).
    As mentioned, it does work, while the evf is inactive

Post Thanks / Like

i dont expect it to work perfectly with HSS or whatever, but at least ttl or manual mode.
    TTL won't work, Canon and Fuji use different communication protocols. No compatibility here, therfore the kind of behaviour as described by the OP. I can't understand how it could work on an X-T30.

Manual mode should work, but only when disabling (i.e. taping off) the communication contacts. Or use the camera's x-contact as interface to the flash.

Regards,
    Jaap.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GFX100 Has finally arrived

Hello,
    Following a prolonged waiting period, the GFX100 arrived at my door this morning. I am anxious to charge up the batteries and give it a test run, but today's stormy weather (South Florida) may introduce yet another period of waiting, however, with the camera in hand I am serene, assuming that it works as expected.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I finally found my old godox nikon flash that has a compatible shoe with fuji.

It does fire everytime with the EVF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fuji released a new firmware update for the gfx 100 yesterday, some bug fixes but no new features yet

https://www.fujifilm.com/support/dig...100/index.html