The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shall iI purchase a D300s

F

Froggy

I have a D200 and am seriously thinking of purchasing the D300s

The reason for this is I have now got a serious collection of lenes including the Micro 105mm, 14-24mm 2.8, 70-200mm, and a sigma 150-500mm telephoto.

Just upgrading my TV system to HD and also like to on occassions take some video footage.

While I love my D200, it does feel i'm a little left behind.

So if anyone can give me some good advice I would be so grateful.

Kr

Michele

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's an almost impossible question to answer. I'm in more or less the same situation, using a D80 and an S5. I sure wish I had a D300s, for resolution, low-light capabilities and video, but there's always some lens that gets higher up on my wish list.

If there's no lens that is important for you to buy right now, I would go for it. It's a big improvement over the D200 in a lot of ways, and having two bodies is an advantage, both for backup and for the occasions when you need to change between WA and tele faster than you can change lenses.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It seems like you are vested with some decent glass for DX and you'd definitely notice the upgrade in terms of image quality and obviously the video feature now with the D300s. I don't know the Sigma but your DX camera will continue to eek out the very best capabilities of the 14-24, 70-200 & 105. The FX route can be tempting but isn't necessarily always best for people, particularly if you shoot longer glass.