Site Sponsors

Thread: Hanemühle FineArt Baryta 325

Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hanemühle FineArt Baryta 325

Jack and others,

Have you tried the new Hanemühle FineArt Baryta 325? Wondering what your opinion is compared to the Harman Gloss FB AL.

Also, did you see this review on LL comparing the Harman, Hanemühle, and the Ilford Gallerie Gold Fibre Silk:
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...s/baryta.shtml

The Ilford sounds good for the price. Anyone try it?

I am getting some samples of the Hanemühle and some other papers including 3 papers from Monoprint (Rochester series), from Harman the FB Matt and FB Matt Warmtone, and I'm getting some Sihl Baryt 290 to try (for which I have high expectations).

I'll try not to burn it all up and bring some to Moab for you to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Hanemühle FineArt Baryta 325

I haven't used them yet, so cannot comment. I will say this though --- I hate testing papers even more than I hate testing cameras, so when I find that I like, I tend to stick with it until I see some substantive reason to change --- my mantra is if it aint broke, don't fix it

As for MR's article, he lost me when he claimed the Harman had a "blue" base. I can assure you it isn't anything close to blue and is in fact warmer --- more buff --- than Epson Premium Luster. (And Harman also has a warm-tone which is even warmer.) Bottom line is if he felt it looked blue compared to the other offerings, they must be *really* warm...

To top it off, I've shown my Harman prints to a variety of photographers, and to a person, they are all impressed with the rendering. In fact, several wet darkroom traditionalists commented that they could barely tell my B&W's apart from a wet B&W print --- to me, that comment speaks volumes

Cheers,
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Hanemühle FineArt Baryta 325

Yes, I have been using the Harman and the quality of the prints is great. I expect we will see a steady stream of new papers arriving on the market along with improvements in the printers so it will be hard to keep up.