The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

scho

A couple of detail shots using the a7R(m)+Zony 35/2.8. Processed through Monochrome2DNG and Lightroom CC Classic.

bensonga

Grumman F-14A Tomcat at the Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson. I had taken several pictures of this plane with my Sony A7rII and FE 16-35/4 G lens in May 2017. In February 2018 I made a B&W 13x19 inch print of one of those A7rII images for a print exchange. I like both that earlier A7rII print and the 13x19 print from this A7(m) image (both made on the same paper). At least with these 13x19 inch prints, I can't see any differences in detail or resolution from the A7rII 42mp image vs the A7m 24mp image.

While I don't have a strong preference for one print over the other, I certainly enjoy shooting with a monochrome camera again (having spent so many years in the past shooting with B&W film).

Sony A7(m), FE 16-35/4 G at 26mm. ISO 400, 1/125 at f8. Raw file converted to DNG with Monochrome2DNG. SilverEfex Pro TMAX-100 film emulation.

Last edited:

pegelli

The world is neither flat nor a sphere, it's a giant tub :lecture:

A850 + Min 16/2.8 FE

Last edited:

scho

Took an afternoon stroll yesterday along Cascadilla Creek using the a7R(m) + Zony 35/2.8. Flickr uploading was down yesterday and still flaky this AM, but managed to get a few images up.

Duck Alley. A group of spoiled mallards make this their year round home. They are fed daily by a woman living next to the creek and when the spawning trout and suckers are running (soon) they also get fresh caviar.

The astronomical symbols footbridge across Cascadilla Creek, on the Carl Sagan memorial Planets walk (a walkable scale model of the Solar system).

Last edited:

bensonga

A sunny day in downtown Anchorage at 7th Avenue and E Street.

It might be a few more weeks before the snow is gone and flowering plants are poking above the ground, but the days are getting longer and the high temps are above freezing. Spring can't be far away.

Gary

Sony A7m (monochrome conversion by Daniel Morrison), FE 24-105/4 G lens. I forgot to change the ISO, so this one at 1600 on a bright day. RAW converted to DNG with M2DNG, then into ACR and PS.

Last edited:

scho

Ithaca Falls at full bore from spring snowmelt and rain. Bright sun and deep shadows were handled relatively well by the Sony a7R(m) and Zeiss Batis 135/2.8. Two images stitched and processed in Monochrome2DNG with toning in Lightroom. Click for larger size to see detail in button-ball trees growing in flood plain.

scho

Cliff hangers in Fall Creek gorge. Sony a7R(m) with Zeiss Batis 135/2.8. Monochrome2DNG and toning in Lightroom.

scho

Girl on swing. a7R(m) Zeiss 25/2 Batis Distagon. Monochrome2DNG and Two images stitched in Lightroom.

Sailors. a7R(m) Zeiss 135/2.8 Batis APO Sonnar. Monochrome2DNG and Two images stitched in Lightroom.

pegelli

Two tree details from a short walk yesterday

1: Crossed

2: Monster

Both A7ii + LA-EA4 + Minolta 85/1.4 RS G