Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JLM L-plate for A7/R

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

JLM L-plate for A7/R

i have almost finished my prototype L-plate for the Sony, expect to have it just about ready tomorrow.

what it will offer:
    1. access to battery compartment
    2. arca style grooves on base and end for landscape and portrait use with index lines for lens center
    3. opening in L-plate end so the hatch doors are un-obstructed
    4. captive screw, allen key style
    5. as much articulation of LCD retained as possible (some reduction in the face-down position only)
    6. black anodized and finely machined

a few things i could still add and could use feedback on:
    a pin for using a wrist strap?
    a thin "cushion" between the camera base and the plate (sort of a shock dampener)?
    so far the design could let the entire base slide toward the L-plate to allow cords to clear if the camera is actually mounted on the L-plate. i don't really like this, but want your feedback.

a few points for discussion:
    with an L-plate, accessing the ports is a PIA on all these cameras. typically the user wants to operate the remote shutter release plugged into the micro-usb port, but the connector interferes not so much with the L-plate, but with the actual arca clamp plate in portrait mode. with the wifi and app, you can run the remote with your smartphone; seems like a better solution than hard wiring?
    there have been a few remarks about the benefit of weight to try and control vibration, but typically users want these things light. comments?

www.milich.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: JLM L-plate for A7/R

John,
    One of the annoying things about this camera is the lack of external charger. I am buying one if it is ever in stock, but many will not. Will the micro USB connector plug in without removing the plate? I mean with the camera on the table, not on the tripod. It would be a pain for people to remove the plate whenever a battery needs charged.

I would use the app to trigger, not the connector, but I don't do that very often; others may feel differently. Like you I'm not thrilled about a big gap between the L and the port side of the camera.

I have a wrist strap on mine, and the idea of mounting that on the bottom grip side is attractive.

Dave
    How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains! - John Muir

davechewphotography.com

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

thx;
    yes, there is port access when sitting in landscape orientation. the crds that come with the camera are straight connectors, which means the cord/connector itself will get in the way of the clamping plate. i am researching a right angle micro-USB connector that would make a big difference.

i put a wrist strap pin on the OMD and Fuji grips, i'll see about this for the A7. the pins are removable, so easy to thread on the strap

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,

Which external charger are you waiting for? I ordered the Wasabi external charger and two batteries from Amazon for all of $32.00. Works like a charm.....

Victor
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vjbelle View Post
    Dave,

Which external charger are you waiting for? I ordered the Wasabi external charger and two batteries from Amazon for all of $32.00. Works like a charm.....

Victor
    I was looking at the Watson dual charger...
    Watson Duo LCD Charger with 2 NP-FW50 Battery Plates D-4228 B&H

But I will check out the Wasabi. Can I coat some peas with it?

davechewphotography.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Can I suggest making it compatible with the RRS lever clamp?
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

they will fit the Arca and RRS clamps
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    there have been a few remarks about the benefit of weight to try and control vibration, but typically users want these things light. comments?

www.milich.com
    Dual hex screw bolt on brass slug under base plate with it's own Arca groove?

Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Jim,

This is timely as I need to get an L bracket for my A7r. I'm not sure if this is an appropriate question, but do you feel comfortable commenting on the differences/advantages as you see them in your design compared to other L brackets (like RRS in particular)?

As far as your request for comments on weight, especially for this kit, I would prefer that all components be as light as possible. That's one of the major advantages of an A7/r kit. I understand that some people feel a heavier L bracket may add mass and dampen shutter shock, but I feel there are better alternatives vs. making the L bracket unnecessarily heavy.
    Last edited by Jeff Kott; 5th January 2014 at 17:11.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

well, this one is made by a forum member in Brooklyn

it is a toss-up on weight. my personal opinion is that the size and weight of the A7/R is one of the advantages, so making the L-plate heavy is a mistake. of course the shutter vibration school seems to want more mass.

i am making this out of aluminum, it has to be from 1/2" thick material to space the base clamp far enough so the LCD can articulate. I am also hollowing out the underside a bit and putting in a hole for the battery access.
    possibly can offer it in light and heavy versions.

RRS has incorporated a sliding L-plate section, intended to give better cord access in portrait mode. not my cup of tea: two parts, lots of movement, etc. i am allowing the entire one piece base to slide to give more cord access. every design has it's compromises.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dchew View Post
    One of the annoying things about this camera is the lack of external charger. I am buying one if it is ever in stock, but many will not.
    Dave, I bought this charger from Amazon. It was delivered last week. There's also an earlier model (BC VW1) for Sony W-series batteries that's available at Best Buy.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i have almost finished my prototype L-plate for the Sony, expect to have it just about ready tomorrow.

what it will offer:
    1. access to battery compartment
    2. arca style grooves on base and end for landscape and portrait use with index lines for lens center
    3. opening in L-plate end so the hatch doors are un-obstructed
    4. captive screw, allen key style
    5. as much articulation of LCD retained as possible (some reduction in the face-down position only)
    6. black anodized and finely machined
    Sounds good. Count me in. That's all I need.

a few things i could still add and could use feedback on:
    a pin for using a wrist strap?
    a thin "cushion" between the camera base and the plate (sort of a shock dampener)?
    so far the design could let the entire base slide toward the L-plate to allow cords to clear if the camera is actually mounted on the L-plate. i don't really like this, but want your feedback.
    No pin. No cushion. Don't need a sliding arrangement because I don't use cords.

a few points for discussion:
    with an L-plate, accessing the ports is a PIA on all these cameras. typically the user wants to operate the remote shutter release plugged into the micro-usb port, but the connector interferes not so much with the L-plate, but with the actual arca clamp plate in portrait mode. with the wifi and app, you can run the remote with your smartphone; seems like a better solution than hard wiring?

JLM Milich Advanced Camera Parts
    I use the Sony app for remote release, hence access to the ports are not high on my wish list. And I'd like the weight to be light, complementing the compact camera+lens rather than adding a drag.

Just my 2 cents.

Having seen your work (iPhone holder), I have every confidence that this will be first class.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

John,
    The other think I've been wondering about is creating an accessory that provides a solid connection between camera, lens foot and/or adapter foot. For example, an RRS focusing rail underneath the camera that is attached under the L-bracket, under the Metabones/Novoflex, and under a lens foot.

This is probably a crazy matrix of thicknesses, but I can think of a few simple options: Double wedge, double stepped wedge in mm increments, a stack of "shims" that nested together in 1,2,5... mm increments a-la alpa shim kits. I'm sure you have other approaches. But it would be nice to be able to secure the camera to a mounting point when the camera base plate is not what is attached to the tripod.

Dave

Oh and thanks Joe! Actually I ordered the one Victor recommended; even with two batteries it was only $33 or something like that from Amazon.

davechewphotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

RRS has incorporated a sliding L-plate section, intended to give better cord access in portrait mode. not my cup of tea: two parts, lots of movement, etc. i am allowing the entire one piece base to slide to give more cord access. every design has it's compromises.
    I don't have the RRS a7 L plate in hand, but I do have the 2 piece RRS L plate for the Sony a77. The plate "leg" doesn't slide. There's 2 positions, necessary for the double column port doors on the camera body. One chooses which position, front or back, and the position is secured by a mortise/tenon and screw. In practice, it seems as secure as my other one piece RRS L plates. The RRS a7 plate looks to have the same mortise/tenon/screw arrangement.

I don't intend any offense, but I'm curios how you expect to compete with RRS? Personally, even with a serious price reduction, say you sell your plate for $75, versus the RRS plate for $175, I'd still go for the RRS plate. If I wanted to save money, I'd go with a generic plate, which can be acquired for $39 Amazon.com: Desmond L Plate DAL-1 Quick Release Arca Swiss Compatible for Camera / Tripod Head: Camera & Photo.

I wish you the best of luck with your idea, but I hope you're fully investigating your market before expending too much capital or effort.

Graham

Edit: On further examination, I see the RRS a7 plate does have a sliding leg. It appears to be well designed against twist, as it slides in the confines of the front and back bottom plate lip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Graham

I cannot agree with your opinion of getting the RRS L bracket which comes in 2 pieces. This will no doubt defeat its purpose for precision requirements. As if shutter vibration is not enough and now you attach a 2 piece L bracket. What were they thinking?

The RRS one piece L bracket and hand grip for the RX-1 is well made and very sturdy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by algrove View Post
    The RRS one piece L bracket and hand grip for the RX-1 is well made and very sturdy.
    The RRS BRX-1 for the Sony RX-1 is actually composed of three pieces, held together will Allen screws:

It is "well made and very sturdy" as you described. I have one.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Please count me in.
    I would, however, prefer a heavier version after reading the excellent article by Joseph Holmes.
    If I am going to use the L Plate on a Tripod head, I want more mass as it will not matter to me for the other instances when I am hand holding the camera.
    Many thanks for your efforts!
    Mike

it is a toss-up on weight. my personal opinion is that the size and weight of the A7/R is one of the advantages, so making the L-plate heavy is a mistake. of course the shutter vibration school seems to want more mass.

i am making this out of aluminum, it has to be from 1/2" thick material to space the base clamp far enough so the LCD can articulate. I am also hollowing out the underside a bit and putting in a hole for the battery access.
    possibly can offer it in light and heavy versions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algrove View Post
    Graham

I cannot agree with your opinion of getting the RRS L bracket which comes in 2 pieces. This will no doubt defeat its purpose for precision requirements. As if shutter vibration is not enough and now you attach a 2 piece L bracket. What were they thinking?

I can't comment on it's efficacy. I don't own the RRS a7 bracket, or an E mount lens that would make the dedicated L plate useful. I'm using the generic bracket I linked to in my first post to this thread mounted on the Sony LA-EA3 adapter which I'm using now with my a7r for most of my lenses.

The 2 piece bracket I own for the Sony a77, after many images, has proven as steady as RRS one piece bracket. Unless you have first hand examples that show differently, I'm inclined to believe the RRS a7 L bracket will give similar steady results.

Graham

By the way, I posted several images from my tests with lenses out to 400mm (on the shutter vibration thread #209) that show that "shutter vibration" is nothing to be concerned about.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

since RRS is shipping, i want to bring this back to the forefront. Their product seems up to the RRS standards, but in my opinion it can be addressed differently. some say tomato, some say tomahto

prototype L-plate is done and the production programming completed, it will be black anodized today and i will post pictures/pricing.

for what it is worth, these are entirely made in my shop in Brooklyn: CNC waterjet, CNC machining, vibratory finishing and anodizing. material is 6061 aluminum. and, of course, I am a Sony A7r owner/user.
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

finished production piece: quick pics, sorry for the dust specs

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

and in the slid-over mode, to give more port access:

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

a two part design, the L-plate bolted to the base. to get more port access, slide the entire unit over by loosening the clamp bolt.
    port doors can be opened in either spot.
    battery access only in normal location

the design has a fairly large cavity in the base, making it light. should any shutter vibration forensic detectives want more mass, i can offer a steel insert, filling the cavity and adding some mass

material is black anodized aluminum, finely machined and finished and will fit arca and RRS clamps in landscape and portrait orientation.
    these will sell for $150

Post Thanks / Like

If the arca base plate interferes with the cables when inserted through the L-plate (portrait) why not make a second plate that is longer so the cable can get by. Sell this as an accessory. Or place another hole (you may have one already there) to bolt the camera to the base further from the L-plate to allow cables to fit. I connect cables infrequently so I would just keep the base plate mounted and tilt the camera on the ball head, the old fashion way.

I'm not sure what the purpose of the design extending around the battery compartment is for. Why not end it just before the hinge in the door? Perhaps more stable when placing the camera on the table.

I think the base plate mount surface should be longer. It can easily be part of the design. It's not unusual to attach the camera in the dark and miss the center position.

If the connection of the L-plate to the base plate were more under the camera then metal won't stick out when the L-plate is not used. That will require thicker stock for the L Plate to begin the machining.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like a design where the distance from the L-plate to the lens is the same in landscape and portrait orientation so that I can attach the L-plate to the same rail in both positions. TIA.
    With best regards, K-H.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i have made many hundreds of base plates (with grips and L-plates) people want to have a stable full length base, they want the L-plate to be close to the camera and they don't want misc extra parts. generally they want it light and a small proportion want to access the cables in portrait mode.
    the primary function of an L-plate is to allow quick change clamps to grip your camera in either portrait of landscape without having to rotate the head, shifting the lens position. i have sold many bases without the L-plate to those who simply want the arca style grooves

the L-plate grip is farther from the lens center than the landscape grip due to the rectangular shape of the camera. the base would have to be quite thick to make them equal. as it is, the base is 1/2" thick to allow the LCD maximum articulation

Post Thanks / Like

What is the purpose of the 2 cuts in the base plate at the clamp, each maybe about 1/16".

There are two holes in the base plate on each side of the 1/4 -20 mount bolt, are they alternative mounts?

There are 2 holes in the L-plate, what are they for? The one in the base looks threaded.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

a two part design, the L-plate bolted to the base. to get more port access, slide the entire unit over by loosening the clamp bolt.
    port doors can be opened in either spot.
    battery access only in normal location

the design has a fairly large cavity in the base, making it light. should any shutter vibration forensic detectives want more mass, i can offer a steel insert, filling the cavity and adding some mass

material is black anodized aluminum, finely machined and finished and will fit arca and RRS clamps in landscape and portrait orientation.
    these will sell for $150
    If you are out in the marketplace trying to sell a product, it is generally best not to insult your potential customers, i.e., photographers who are concerned about maximizing image sharpness and those that shoot verticals.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post
    If you are out in the marketplace trying to sell a product, it is generally best not to insult your potential customers, i.e., photographers who are concerned about maximizing image sharpness and those that shoot verticals.
    FWIW, I think this comment is an over reaction. It's clear that Jim feels most customers prefer to keep the weight down on their L plates, but for those that want more mass he can make the plate heavier. I think that kind of flexibility should be applauded and he made the comment in a humorous way and added a smiley face to boot. Anyone who takes offense at that is too thin skinned IMHO.
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone ever looked into using an anti-resonant compound in the base of the L-Plate, similar to the material used in Audio component cones and feet? Just wondering if this would help. I am not an engineer.
    Respectfully,
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kott View Post
    FWIW, I think this comment is an over reaction. It's clear that Jim feels most customers prefer to keep the weight down on their L plates, but for those that want more mass he can make the plate heavier. I think that kind of flexibility should be applauded and he made the comment in a humorous way and added a smiley face to boot. Anyone who takes offense at that is too thin skinned IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by nikonf View Post
    Has anyone ever looked into using an anti-resonant compound in the base of the L-Plate, similar to the material used in Audio component cones and feet? Just wondering if this would help. I am not an engineer.
    Respectfully,
    Mike
    First, you have to decide if you want to 'couple' or 'de-couple'. Since the audio industry can't decide, it would be hard to be definitive about this.

On the other hand, the audio industry has made an entire realm out of folklore and mysticism, so why not get that going in here, too? I personally have produced photos with much higher fidelity and clarity, and a more stable and distinct focus when I have had Shun Mook dots taped to the body. Three wasn't enough, though. I needed at least four evenly distributed to produce a pleasing effect.

In all seriousness, this shutter slap effect is not resonance, so I don't think any of these approaches will be useful.

Mass and adequate support stability will address it. I have yet to see a person with a well-mounted camera that will suffer much from the shutter. K-H is doing some pretty extreme tests and the slap is visible, but I believe that there are ways to address this for the very long focal lengths that he was testing.

---Michael
    a7r, a7rII, FE 16-35, FE 24-70GM, FE 70-200, Loxia 21mm, 35mm, 50mm

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjm6 View Post
    First, you have to decide if you want to 'couple' or 'de-couple'. Since the audio industry can't decide, it would be hard to be definitive about this.

On the other hand, the audio industry has made an entire realm out of folklore and mysticism, so why not get that going in here, too? I personally have produced photos with much higher fidelity and clarity, and a more stable and distinct focus when I have had Shun Mook dots taped to the body. Three wasn't enough, though. I needed at least four evenly distributed to produce a pleasing effect.

In all seriousness, this shutter slap effect is not resonance, so I don't think any of these approaches will be useful.

Mass and adequate support stability will address it. I have yet to see a person with a well-mounted camera that will suffer much from the shutter. K-H is doing some pretty extreme tests and the slap is visible, but I believe that there are ways to address this for the very long focal lengths that he was testing.

---Michael

Thanks Michael.

I believe in landscape orientation I now can avoid shutter shake by attaching firmly both lens and camera proper to a rail that is firmly attached to a solid tripod. Demonstrated here http://www.getdpi.com/forum/558875-post139.html. So, coupling the camera to the mass of lens, ballhead, and tripod is my answer.

Of course, out there one still has to avoid wind gusts which isn't always possible.

Once I have my RRS L-plate I will see whether this approach can also be made to work in portrait orientation.

BTW, I also now have an aluminum tripod so that I can use my long lens support attachment you suggested without cracking the legs of my carbon fiber tripod. If necessary I will use the attachment, but it's rather tedious.
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

K-H,

I have a CF tripod (Gitzo), and never had an issue with the leg being clamped with the long lens support. They are a lot more rugged than they appear, and you really don't have to clamp the LL support too much to get the full effect. Just enough to hold it in place. Think 'precision instrument' rather than 'tire iron'. Hahaha...

If I recall, the LL support has rubber on the clamp? Just enough to get the LL support to hold on the leg should be sufficient.

You could also clamp at the collar if you are worried about the CF tube being crushed.

---Michael
    a7r, a7rII, FE 16-35, FE 24-70GM, FE 70-200, Loxia 21mm, 35mm, 50mm

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again Michael. Understood.
    The aluminum tripod is also twice as heavy as my carbon fiber tripod.
    So, if the long lens support is necessary I would use the heavier aluminum tripod anyway.
    I am the kind of guy who prefers an extra safety and stability margin.
    With best regards, K-H.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

couple of things:

i have no idea why hcubel felt i was insulting anyone, certainly not my intention. there have been several suggestions that perhaps the most endearing feature of the A7/A7R is the light weight and small size and i can endorse that.

those extra holes are fixturing points for machining and anodizing
    and the little slots indicate the lens centerline (will be on the L-plate as well).

i avoided adding tripod holes, problematic in this design, since the point is to offer an L-plate; the main function being quick change from portrait to landscape and more or less assuming a clamping plate, not a screw.

finally, i tend to keep one of these on my camera all the time if i am using a tripod for even 25% of the time. the base has to feel good in the hand; so it is full length, smooth and rounded and even the L-plate is a gripping assist

re tripods: a while back on this forum there was some testing of vibration of aluminum, wood and CF tripods; guess which came out on top?

Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i should point out that i develop these camera parts when i see a need. i come at the design from the point of view of an active photographer, industrial designer, instrument maker and machinist with a quite sophisticated shop.
    what i can offer as well is to gather opinion and update the design, so i encourage input
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks nice! It's good to see quality work, and something besides just RRS on the market.

I have their L-plate for the E-M1. It's a nice piece. I sometimes remove the vertical L, set the camera for square format, and just leave it on ... It adds just enough height to the body to make it more secure with a heavy lens.

But I get tired of sending only them my money ... ;-)

G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

couple of things:

i have no idea why hcubel felt i was insulting anyone, certainly not my intention. there have been several suggestions that perhaps the most endearing feature of the A7/A7R is the light weight and small size and i can endorse that.

and the little slots indicate the lens centerline (will be on the L-plate as well).

i avoided adding tripod holes, problematic in this design, since the point is to offer an L-plate; the main function being quick change from portrait to landscape and more or less assuming a clamping plate, not a screw.

finally, i tend to keep one of these on my camera all the time if i am using a tripod for even 25% of the time. the base has to feel good in the hand; so it is full length, smooth and rounded and even the L-plate is a gripping assist

re tripods: a while back on this forum there was some testing of vibration of aluminum, wood and CF tripods; guess which came out on top?

Thanks Jim,

Oh good, then I should be covered, having a

Gitzo GT3541XLS Systematic 6X Carbon Fiber Tripod, an
    Induro Alloy 8M Tripod AT-413, the
    RRS BH-55 PCPRO: Full-sized ballhead with PC-PRO clamp, and the
    Manfrotto 359 Long Lens Support.

Hopefully my RRS A7R L-plate will be among the next batch shipped in a few weeks.
    I also would be interested in purchasing your L-plate as described here:

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/561485-post20.html and here
    http://www.getdpi.com/forum/561486-post21.html

so that I can compare it to the RRS L-plate.
    I looked at your website but couldn't find how to order it.

Please, advise about availability and order info.
    Your announced price is $150.
    http://www.getdpi.com/forum/561487-post22.html

TIA.
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a great idea:

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/497...tml#post561656
    couple of things:

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, I would be interested in this plate. I have an order into RRS but could cancel I assume since it is on back order. The one thing I want is a slot for mounting a leash/strap. I've grown accustomed to leaving the tripod plate on as you suggest and therefore get camera specific plates, and also use Peak Design leashes and cuffs. One of the common attachment points is either the tripod hole or a slot on the plate.
    Have you given any thought to this possible mod?
    Both the RRS and the Markin have this feature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Color and bold face and large fonts? Is all this really necessary?

We can all read, even John M.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know it is VERBOTEN, is it?
    With best regards, K-H.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i am adding the new plate to my site today;
    right now e-mail me:

i will be shipping end of this week

i can add a slot for a wrist strap on request
    [email protected]

regarding the tripod test, maybe jack and Bob can chime in, but as I recall, the damping of the CF material improved the performance of that tripod (Gitso) compared to an aluminum and a wood, in that order

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

website is now up to date with L-plate for A7/A7R:

L-Plate for Sony a7 / a7R Cameras

jm

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

My RRS L-plate arrived yesterday. Now waiting for the Milich L-plate.
    Judging from the images above there seems to be a design difference between the two.
    Whereas the Milich L-plate is one solid piece, the RRS L-plate comes in two pieces, held together by the screw that attaches both components to the camera. It will be interesting to see how the two different L-plates cope with vibrations. Interesting.
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like

Any plan at all to do a plate for the camera with verical grip?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

website is now up to date with L-plate for A7/A7R:

L-Plate for Sony a7 / a7R Cameras

jm

Many thanks John.
    Your A7/R adapter arrived today.
    It looks great and fits nicely.
    Thanks again.
    With best regards, K-H.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

thankd karl

and yes, i am working on an L-plate for the vertical grip

Post Thanks / Like

I built an aluminum "L" brackets for my NEX7, because of it's super weak tripod mount. I would suggest that if you use a pad to cushion the camera, that it be very thin so the camera has no wiggle room at all. I started with thin rubber between the camera and mount ,but there was still wiggle, putting a great strain on their crappy mount. I ended up using tape. The NEX7 mount will not hold much more the a small light lens. It cost me $200 and three weeks, after a Sony 28-200 broke the mount. The "L" bracket fixed the problem. Now I will make one for my a7r, and not take a chance on their weak engineered mount: Larry

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be watching for your mount for the vertical grip.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Please make a L-Plate for the sony battery grip! - I need one ASAP. cheers paul