Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 97

Thread: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

  1. #1
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    It will make H/V position revolving and can X-axis shifting +/- 20mm.
    I thought gear driven shift mechanism first time but It will cost more, so Thinking insert stopper to -20mm / 0 / +20mm.

    It can delivers on A7R,
    1 shot (36mm x 24mm / 24mm x 36mm, 36.4Mpx)
    3 shot
    Horizontal 76mm x 24mm , (approx 75Mpx)
    Vertical 64mm x 36mm, (Over 80Mpx)

    A huge image size, It's over than I expect.
    It can using various lenses, Hasselblad V, telephoto MF nikkor lens, any other Perspective Control lens as EF24TS-II, EF-17TS, olympus shift etc.
    Personally, I hope to use Xpan lenses but It's hard to find in Seoul.

    I have not A7/A7R body yet. I'm watching Body price. It's price has down and down… Wink
    disassemble EF lens to sony nex adapter with electric contacts, fit to GX680 lens boards and my custom A7 body mounts…. then It can live view focusing in technical movements and work electric aperture.
    So comfortable for still-life photographers !

    I think It can sells worldwide.

    I'm importing EF-nex adapter and Other materials are ready to making.
    and thinking to buy 7" high resolution HDMI monitor for larger live view and composition.

    Note.
    It needs GX-680 I/II/III body but NO GX680-IIIs. <--- It can't technical movements.

    Any comments are welcome.

    custom camera design blog
    designing camera
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  2. #2
    Senior Member W.Utsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    915
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Nice project! Does anybody know if there is an adaptor Sony E to Linhof 9x12 plate?

  3. #3
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Looks good. Reminds me of my Gigapixel unit see post #2256 here
    Carl
    Gallery

  4. #4
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    The obvious question : would it be possible to use GX680 lenses ?

  5. #5
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    The obvious question : would it be possible to use GX680 lenses ?
    Sure.
    This system accepts virtually all lens becaus of shortest flange back.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Want! (GX owner)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    This is what my friend did...

  8. #8
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    141

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    That is the kind of combination that seems so natural--a Gitzo tripod, Linhof head, Ebony camera, (a Rodenstock lens?), with a Sony camera. So obvious.
    Will

    http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #9
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    If it works then who cares?
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com

  10. #10
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by yatlee View Post
    This is what my friend did...
    This system has normal flange back distance. limit to over 50~60mm lens.
    so It can't wide lens but my design can fit to wide-angle even 12-24, 17TS, fisheye, etc.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  11. #11
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    update… almost done.
    Canon Ef mounts. so It can accepts almost all lenses. (shortest flange back : 44mm)

    Now I'm making wide bellows for this camera.

    and Black matte Finish, Annodyzing(?)

    This is 1st PROTOTYPE. It will change for better use.





    Test video (youtube)
    http://youtu.be/iRBkWv3a6PY
    Last edited by chiek; 16th April 2014 at 06:05.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #12
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Very cool!

  13. #13
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Yes very cool. Be fun to have
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    I wish i can have that adapter for my Sony A7R to my LR, i have an adapter to place my Canon DSLR on my Shen Hao 4x5, but it is a big nightmare with weight, and also the lenses are no work, only very macro close up which is not what i want.

    I hope this one will be the answer
    Tareq

  15. #15
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    I wish i can have that adapter for my Sony A7R to my LR, i have an adapter to place my Canon DSLR on my Shen Hao 4x5, but it is a big nightmare with weight, and also the lenses are no work, only very macro close up which is not what i want.

    I hope this one will be the answer
    1st PROTOTYPE complete.

    testing video
    http://youtu.be/YdYB3BWE08c

    If you're interest,
    please visit to New Website
    http://chiek.co.kr/6807


    Maximum resolution
    Horizontal :
    18000 x 3950 pixel (a7) / 22000 x 4850 pixel (a7R)
    Vertical :
    17500 x 5950 pixel (a7) / 21000 x 7300 pixel (a7R)

    2cut stitching resolution

    Horizontal : 72mm x 24mm
    11000 x 3950 pixel (a7) / 13500 x 4850 pixel (a7R)
    Vertical : 48mm x 36mm
    7900 x 5950 pixel (a7) / 9700 x 7300 pixel (a7R)

    Sell… starting price US$799

    Last edited by chiek; 17th April 2014 at 18:33.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

  16. #16
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Dang I want one. That looks like a lot of fun to have in the field. 35mm tech cam
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  17. #17
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Dang I want one. That looks like a lot of fun to have in the field. 35mm tech cam
    Thanks for interest.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  18. #18
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Really very impressive! What is the widest focal length you can use? That price is very very good for what it is!
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com

  19. #19
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rubinstein View Post
    Really very impressive! What is the widest focal length you can use? That price is very very good for what it is!
    tested by 12-24,
    15mm has +/- 1~2mm

    18mm has +/- 4~5mm, it is enough to generally using.

    21mm has +/- 6~8mm

    24mm has +/- over 10mm

    recommend good zoom lens , I tested another concept camera. af-s nikkor 17-35 (may be 14-24 is better) is very sharp even edges.



    any questions, please let me know.
    Last edited by chiek; 17th April 2014 at 15:42.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  20. #20
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    very lightweight and Handgrip (?)


    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    What lens mount (I only see Canon mount option) is available?

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Sweden
    Posts
    1,403
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    This looks great, I think Jorgens question earlier interests me, the original 680 lenses used to have a good reputation, they have huge image circles and are extremely cheap, with a 35mm sensor the movements would be as big as was possible with the body. Does anyone know whether these old lenses will handle digital ok? I presume as only the centre would be uses, sharpness falloff shouldn't be much of an issue?

    I like this idea a lot, I'd be very interested to see the results, it would appear to be a great studio camera if the lenses will stand it.

    Well done on the build, great to see people push things forward.

    Mat

  23. #23
    Senior Member Annna T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Swiss Alps
    Posts
    1,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by yatlee View Post
    What lens mount (I only see Canon mount option) is available?
    I guess it is because of the higher versatility of the Canon mount : Canon has a short flange distance with respect to other mounts, so you can adapt most other lenses on it.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Annna T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Swiss Alps
    Posts
    1,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by chiek View Post
    tested by 12-24,
    15mm has +/- 1~2mm

    18mm has +/- 4~5mm, it is enough to generally using.

    21mm has +/- 6~8mm

    24mm has +/- over 10mm

    recommend good zoom lens , I tested another concept camera. af-s nikkor 17-35 (may be 14-24 is better) is very sharp even edges.



    any questions, please let me know.
    How much weight of that combo (without A7r and lens) ?

  25. #25
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by yatlee View Post
    What lens mount (I only see Canon mount option) is available?
    It is canon EOS lens mount so This camera can accepts most lens via cheap adapter.

    However It can make other camera mounts.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  26. #26
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by mjr View Post
    This looks great, I think Jorgens question earlier interests me, the original 680 lenses used to have a good reputation, they have huge image circles and are extremely cheap, with a 35mm sensor the movements would be as big as was possible with the body. Does anyone know whether these old lenses will handle digital ok? I presume as only the centre would be uses, sharpness falloff shouldn't be much of an issue?

    I like this idea a lot, I'd be very interested to see the results, it would appear to be a great studio camera if the lenses will stand it.

    Well done on the build, great to see people push things forward.

    Mat
    I did. I used GX680 50mm, 115mm. These lens is enough for 22~39Mpx back. I've used P1 P25, P45
    GX680 lenses are Very good even edges. sharpness is OK.
    but Not Excellent compared to Newer digital lens.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #27
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by Annna T View Post
    How much weight of that combo (without A7r and lens) ?
    I don't check. but I think 1.5Kg (body only) ?
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  28. #28
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    This looks great, I think Jorgens question earlier interests me, the original 680 lenses used to have a good reputation, they have huge image circles and are extremely cheap, with a 35mm sensor the movements would be as big as was possible with the body. Does anyone know whether these old lenses will handle digital ok? I presume as only the centre would be uses, sharpness falloff shouldn't be much of an issue?

    I like this idea a lot, I'd be very interested to see the results, it would appear to be a great studio camera if the lenses will stand it.

    Well done on the build, great to see people push things forward.

    Mat
    please check my older LULA post,

    custom compact view camera
    Last edited by chiek; 21st April 2014 at 04:32.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  29. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    I want one too, how to place an order?
    Tareq

  30. #30
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    I want one too, how to place an order?
    please visit this camera site.
    http://chiek.co.kr/6807
    Last edited by chiek; 21st April 2014 at 07:06.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  31. #31
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    4,058
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    This looks fantastic.
    A 25/2 Zeiss Distagon in Canon EF mount could be a good idea.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  32. #32
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quite impressive piece of work!

    G

  33. #33
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    This looks fantastic.
    A 25/2 Zeiss Distagon in Canon EF mount could be a good idea.
    Doubt it would have any useable image circle outside of what it gives. The very far edges already go soft on FF and you need to stop down substantially to kill the vignetting.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com

  34. #34
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    4,058
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rubinstein View Post
    Doubt it would have any useable image circle outside of what it gives. The very far edges already go soft on FF and you need to stop down substantially to kill the vignetting.
    Never had that lens myself (red lots of good things about it), so what do you suggest as a medium wide possibility?

  35. #35
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    Never had that lens myself (red lots of good things about it), so what do you suggest as a medium wide possibility?
    I think the best lens is canon 24ts-2 and nikkor 14-24 zoom, these are very sharp even shifted edges.

    I'm using sigma 12-24. Nikkor 18-35ed and olympus 35shift.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  36. #36
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    Never had that lens myself (red lots of good things about it), so what do you suggest as a medium wide possibility?
    The Schneider PA-Curtagon 35mm f/4 or PA-Super Angulon 28mm f/2.8 in Leica R mount might be good. There are also a brace of Nikon PC-E offerings, and the Hartblei Superrotater ...

    G

  37. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    This camera looks really great! I am very interested in placing an order for it...

    Did you modify the GX680 so it has rear movements? The original GX680 cameras only had front movements right?

    The only bit I am confused with is the stitching resolutions you have provided. I am assuming that you are "stitching" with rear movements to avoid parallax right?

    When you say that it has "vertical" resolution of 21000 x 7300 pixel (a7R) I assume that it means you have the camera in "landscape" orientation and then are using rear rise/fall to stitch a "vertical" image.



    Same applies for the horizontal image, I assume that you have the camera in the "landscape" position and then stitch using rear shift (left/right) to get a 22000 x 4850 pixel (a7R) image?

    Is this correct?

    I could be mistaken but it seems that both have been taken with the camera in "landscape" orientation, is it at all possible to do the same 2 and 3 image stitches but with the camera in "portrait" mode?

    Would this give an image that is close to a rectangle in shape? As opposed to a long panoramic image?

    It would be nice to have both I think.. If at all possible

    I was looking at the Fotodiox Rhinocam and with this you are able to stitch with the camera in a vertical format, ending up with a 6 x 4.5 horizontal image as well as a more panoramic image that looks a bit less than 6 x 12.

    Vizelex RhinoCam for Sony NEX E-Mount Cameras

    https://www.popphoto.com/gear/2013/0...zelex-rhinocam

    The issues with that are

    * Cannot take the A7/A7R series, only the Nex E-Mount
    * No opportunity to use front movements..

    This new camera seems to be able to do all this, so it seems very cool....

    So quite a long winded post but is there the opportunity to stitch the images but with the camera in portrait orientation?

    Ok, thanks so much, really looking forward to know more about this camera and maybe some images to view?

    Thanks and keep up the good work!

  38. #38
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperviking View Post
    This camera looks really great! I am very interested in placing an order for it...

    Did you modify the GX680 so it has rear movements? The original GX680 cameras only had front movements right?

    The only bit I am confused with is the stitching resolutions you have provided. I am assuming that you are "stitching" with rear movements to avoid parallax right?

    When you say that it has "vertical" resolution of 21000 x 7300 pixel (a7R) I assume that it means you have the camera in "landscape" orientation and then are using rear rise/fall to stitch a "vertical" image.

    Same applies for the horizontal image, I assume that you have the camera in the "landscape" position and then stitch using rear shift (left/right) to get a 22000 x 4850 pixel (a7R) image?


    Is this correct?

    I could be mistaken but it seems that both have been taken with the camera in "landscape" orientation, is it at all possible to do the same 2 and 3 image stitches but with the camera in "portrait" mode?

    Would this give an image that is close to a rectangle in shape? As opposed to a long panoramic image?

    It would be nice to have both I think.. If at all possible

    I was looking at the Fotodiox Rhinocam and with this you are able to stitch with the camera in a vertical format, ending up with a 6 x 4.5 horizontal image as well as a more panoramic image that looks a bit less than 6 x 12.

    Vizelex RhinoCam for Sony NEX E-Mount Cameras

    https://www.popphoto.com/gear/2013/0...zelex-rhinocam

    The issues with that are

    * Cannot take the A7/A7R series, only the Nex E-Mount
    * No opportunity to use front movements..

    This new camera seems to be able to do all this, so it seems very cool....

    So quite a long winded post but is there the opportunity to stitch the images but with the camera in portrait orientation?

    Ok, thanks so much, really looking forward to know more about this camera and maybe some images to view?

    Thanks and keep up the good work!
    GX680 has no Rear movements. and Yes, Parallax free design
    .
    I wrote No moving film plane… same as parallax free. so This camera can perfect stitching.

    vertical resolution.. approx 145mm(maximum stitched) x 36mm (original long side a7R)… let's calculations, approx over 25000 px x 7300 px.

    If you use it plus front rise/fall , Total resolution is 2x (rise/fall +/- 13mm).

    It can stitching by photoshop photo merge but I don't like that because of lens moving.

    I think the best stitching is Hold lens position and rear shifting.



    Shifting range is depends on Lens image circle.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  39. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Thanks so much for the reply back and for the clarification, much appreciated!

    So just wondering how you have added rear movements to the GX680? Have you taken the front of an old one and somehow put it on the back?

    Is there no way to add another row for stitching purposes, that is done on the rear to avoid parallax?

    Ok, thanks a lot again.

  40. #40
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperviking View Post
    Thanks so much for the reply back and for the clarification, much appreciated!

    So just wondering how you have added rear movements to the GX680? Have you taken the front of an old one and somehow put it on the back?

    Is there no way to add another row for stitching purposes, that is done on the rear to avoid parallax?

    Ok, thanks a lot again.
    There is very short flange back from EOS mounts to Alpha mount body (26mm)
    26mm is not enough room for rear movements, so just shifting added.
    First time, I wanted to put in Canon EOS electronic contacts like metabones3 adapter but No room to put in.

    my concepts is enough to focus infinity with tilt/shift for landscape photographers.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  41. #41
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    Never had that lens myself (red lots of good things about it), so what do you suggest as a medium wide possibility?
    Wish I knew!
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com

  42. #42
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    olympus OM 35mm shift lens test.

    http://youtu.be/W0_L-yD0Kms


    EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
    starting US$699

    http://chiek.co.kr/6807
    Last edited by chiek; 22nd April 2014 at 20:26.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  43. #43
    Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    787
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    82

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    That is quite astonishing in deed! Congratulations on this challenging project Chiek.

    I am hesitating to ask a few questions, as some are obviously due to my lack of knowledge in the technical camera department. Appologies if they come across a little strangte perhaps.


    1.
    I am not 100% certain that I understood what part of the GX680 are required for this construction. I read about the camera, and it seems there is some supply available, however, they are more or less collector items and not brand new, right? Does this not pose a problem due to wear and tear fo example.

    2.
    You are not using gear driven mechanics, right? Does this not pose a problem for precise movements, say in architecture for example? (Again, I have zero experience in technical camera usage.)

    3.
    I understand that this is a private project, hence I assume you can not give warranty of any kind. Are there any risks for the A7R involved, other than a lot of evironmental sensor exposure. I assume using the system in the field, requires a daily cleaning of the sensor afterwards, would that be right?

    Thanks Chiek.
    Best wishes
    Georg

  44. #44
    Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    787
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    82

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    scratch my 2. question

    I read the FAQ, you do use hear driven mechanics.

  45. #45
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by Georg Baumann View Post
    That is quite astonishing in deed! Congratulations on this challenging project Chiek.

    I am hesitating to ask a few questions, as some are obviously due to my lack of knowledge in the technical camera department. Appologies if they come across a little strangte perhaps.


    1.
    I am not 100% certain that I understood what part of the GX680 are required for this construction. I read about the camera, and it seems there is some supply available, however, they are more or less collector items and not brand new, right? Does this not pose a problem due to wear and tear fo example.

    2.
    You are not using gear driven mechanics, right? Does this not pose a problem for precise movements, say in architecture for example? (Again, I have zero experience in technical camera usage.)

    3.
    I understand that this is a private project, hence I assume you can not give warranty of any kind. Are there any risks for the A7R involved, other than a lot of evironmental sensor exposure. I assume using the system in the field, requires a daily cleaning of the sensor afterwards, would that be right?

    Thanks Chiek.
    Best wishes
    Georg
    1. Most GX680 parts needed.
    Frt Standard, Rail, Bellows and Rear Metal plate. Almost all Body.

    2. It is gear driven and locking knob. so I think it is perfect for stitching.


    3. I disagree. If Frt standard is very close to sensor, It can't touch sensor surface.

    If Worry about dust, Just put the body/lens cover.

    Regards,
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  46. #46
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    my design concepts,


    Sony a7 has very short flange back so It can accepts Most lens. so I designed for shortest flange DSLR, Canon EOS.

    I want breathe new life to old GX680 body within first mirrorless, Sony a7 body.
    Last edited by chiek; 24th April 2014 at 04:39.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  47. #47
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1253

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    chiek, i could use some clarification:

    so if i understand this correctly:

    one must purchase the Fuji GX 680 front standard and rail (and you are supplying those)
    and what you are making is the connection between the A7 and the GX standard and the connection between the GX680 and a Canon ES flange.
    focus is done with the canon lens helicoid.

    all the shifting and tilting is done on the GX680 standard

    where would the bellows be used?

    jm

  48. #48
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Not only gx680 frt movements, plus rear x-axis gear driven shift and rotating (H/V).
    Focusing, it don't need lens helicoid. It uses gx680 frt, gear driven and very precise.

    More informations,
    Please visit this camera FAQ
    sony a7 / GX680 compact technical camera

    Thanks for interest.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  49. #49
    Member chiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Many people interested and asked functions. so I will generate for upgrade idea.

    I think If this camera enable EOS AF & aperture control, like metabones3, It will be better.

    I tried it and I think It can make it. but Very difficult work so Price will be very higher...
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

  50. #50
    Senior Member Annna T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Swiss Alps
    Posts
    1,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Exclamation Re: making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

    Quote Originally Posted by chiek View Post
    Many people interested and asked functions. so I will generate for upgrade idea.

    I think If this camera enable EOS AF & aperture control, like metabones3, It will be better.

    I tried it and I think It can make it. but Very difficult work so Price will be very higher...
    It is sure interesting, but are there EOS lenses that will have enough coverage to allow movements without too much corner problems ? Apart of the TSE lenses, but then those are already offering movements..

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •