The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LT: Voightlander 40mm Ultron/FE55/Zeiss 25mm F2

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I encourage folks to look at these 40mm files. Just might be as good as the FE 35 which I was not fond of myself and it's still small. I'll take a iPhone photo of the combo to post. I'm packing for a studio gig in the morning with models.

Ben Rubinstein

As you can see the very extreme corners are a little soft. This is expected in these super wides and i have yet to see a lens not do this except for a tech lens. But there is a silver lining. In C1 there is a slider for corner sharpness and in the second image I made that correction and it cleans up very nicely.
Where is this slider Guy? Or is it the sharpness slider that works for the corners on a profiled lens?

Last edited:

anGy

Thank you Guy for those tests, very informative.

I also while I was testing did the Zeiss 25mm F2 lens corner test which looks very good. But as you know this focal length is tough in the corners so the 25mm as damn good as it is has in the extreme corners a little softness and frankly so does my Leica 19mm R lens. I do not know a lens outside a tech lens that does not. So do keep that in mind
And just because I'm so happy to share, I've found my holy grail in the non tech cam wide angle lens: the Leica Super Elmar S-24mm. Incredible borders and corners sharpness. As a former IQ180 + Rodenstock 32mm HR user I'm simply blown by the quality of this S-24mm ! Liked the S system, love it now :LOL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thank you Guy for those tests, very informative.

And just because I'm so happy to share, I've found my holy grail in the non tech cam wide angle lens: the Leica Super Elmar S-24mm. Incredible borders and corners sharpness. As a former IQ180 + Rodenstock 32mm HR user I'm simply blown by the quality of this S-24mm ! Liked the S system, love it now :LOL:
Hey that's cheating that's MF. Lol

Ben Rubinstein

It's under lens correction tab in C1
Sorry if I'm being obtuse Guy but I only see a sharpness slider there and on a non profiled lens it seems to sharpen throughout the frame. That said I wasn't trying it on your picture, does C1 have profiles for the zeiss lenses? I'm in work now so can't check but I'll have a look at your files in C1 when I get home.