The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamesmd

re: Fun With Sony _____

spring again ( this time better focus :( )

Cheers

J

Jamesmd

mmm , love spring start .

I'll go back when it has roses

douglasf13

So you are saying Daylight for day and tungsten for all else? I tried to find the post but unable to. Would you enlighten me please Doug? Thanks!
Actually, I mean daylight for everything except in tungsten light. I do occasionally tweak things, but it works well for me.

Couple of quick snaps of my furry DR test rig. :p I know, I know, everyone is sick of cat pix, but it's so rare that I get a pic of him that doesn't have either blocked-up black fur or blown-out white fur that I had to share. :D

1/60 F2.8 ISO 250 200mm, ~12.2MP crop from image. Camera is front-focusing a bit since shutter/AF motor replacement.

1/60 F2.8 ISO 250 200mm, ~12.7MP crop from image. Best-guess MFA tweak after chimping first pic.

Just to his left is the back of a brown leather sofa that accounts for the reddish-brown tones in his fur.

I have a LensAlign on rental for the week, and have an idea for a little project... will post some info when I'm a bit past the "idea" stage. :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

So you are saying Daylight for day and tungsten for all else? I tried to find the post but unable to. Would you enlighten me please Doug? Thanks!

Hi Jj

I think the discussion originally started on the Nikon board (with reference to Leica DMR recommendations from robsteve):

"D3 Color Calibration settings in ACR" (April 2008) especially post # 26 and onwards

And then the subject was taken up again one year later, here:

"A touch of Spring Sunshine with the D3 (mostly)" (March 2009)

Later the same discussion popped up on the Sony board, here:

"Fun Pictures with Sony . . . ." (March 2009) post # 117 - 118

and here:

"A900 shooters having fun while D3x users are not" (April 2009) post # 35 - 40

and here:

"New A900" (May 2009) post # 44 and onwards

and probably a lot of other places ... :)
/Steen

Lloyd

Hi Jj

I think the discussion originally started on the Nikon board (with reference to Leica DMR recommendations from robsteve):

"D3 Color Calibration settings in ACR" (April 2008) especially post # 26 and onwards

And then the subject was taken up again one year later, here:

"A touch of Spring Sunshine with the D3 (mostly)" (March 2009)

Later the same discussion popped up on the Sony board, here:

"Fun Pictures with Sony . . . ." (March 2009) post # 117 - 118

and here:

"A900 shooters having fun while D3x users are not" (April 2009) post # 35 - 40

and here:

"New A900" (May 2009) post # 44 and onwards

and probably a lot of other places ... :)
/Steen
Glad you pointed this out, Steen. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Terry

I have this orchid plant that has been in bloom for almost 2 months. Decided to use it as the subject of my picture for my daily project.

LoSenior

Saint Martin Abbey, Lacey, WA. ZA 1635@16mm 5.6,2.5 sec.
Window shopping with ZA85, Olympia, WA

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Learning how to make an Easter Egg Tree.

Oversight:

Almost Done:

Both with A900 and ZA 85.

Wishes for a Blessed Holiday to everyone.

Bob

Eoin

Beautiful images & young girl, your daughter I presume?. Obviously the oversight was working, she's very clean. LOL Happy Easter to you too

Status
Not open for further replies.