The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdphoto

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Thanks all for the kind words.
Last Sunday was a cold rainy, windy, foggy miserable day. No football. I spent the day going through some older images that I had never processed or printed. Here is one from January 2016.
Thanks for looking
Dave
View attachment 124845
I love the compositions and beautiful scenery, but too much tone mapping/saturation, imo. Nothing personal, just an objective critique. Your compositions are perfect and you've manage to convey a beautiful area that could easily pass for the beaches and dunes of the Carolina's.

gurtch

I love the compositions and beautiful scenery, but too much tone mapping/saturation, imo. Nothing personal, just an objective critique. Your compositions are perfect and you've manage to convey a beautiful area that could easily pass for the beaches and dunes of the Carolina's.
Thanks for your thoughtful comments. That's why I like to post here....we have talented, and civil ladies and gentlemen. Here is a less saturated version. The original was a three shot HDR, and the sky was montaged from another shot.
Dave
D735-LS small jpg.jpg

jdphoto

A7RII. Foreground: Voigtlander 12mm lens ISO 400, 1/400 f10. Sky: A7RII, Sigma "A" mount 12~24mm lens with adapter @15mm, ISO 400 1/30, f5.6. To fit the foreground onto the sky, the format was changed from 3:2 to 4:3.
Thanks for looking.
Dave in NJ

View attachment 124765
That is beautiful!

Saxbike

Palms

Date Taken: 2017-02-12 18:46:26
Camera Model: ILCE-7RM2
Lens: FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS @ 28 mm
Aperture: f/11.0; Exposure Time: 15; ISO: 320

EveningBeach_3

Date Taken: 2017-02-12 18:35:03
Lens: Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA (SEL55F18Z)
Aperture: f/16.0; Exposure Time: 2.5; ISO: 1000

EveningBeach_2

Date Taken: 2017-02-12 18:35:51
Lens: Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA (SEL55F18Z)
Aperture: f/16.0; Exposure Time: 10; ISO: 320

EveningBeach_1

Date Taken: 2017-02-12 18:41:49
Lens: FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS @ 16 mm
Aperture: f/11.0; Exposure Time: 25; ISO: 320

jdphoto

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. That's why I like to post here....we have talented, and civil ladies and gentlemen. Here is a less saturated version. The original was a three shot HDR, and the sky was montaged from another shot.
Dave
View attachment 124911
I think that was it - the sky being from another scene. The clouds are dramatic but the lighting seemed to surreal and not authentic for the foreground, imo. I consider anything wider then my 25mm to be an ultra wide and it takes skill to compose this FL. You do a great job with it, as I can walk around a photo. I bet the NJ tourism or Chamber of Commerce would love these pics to promote these beautiful beach towns.

gurtch

I think that was it - the sky being from another scene. The clouds are dramatic but the lighting seemed to surreal and not authentic for the foreground, imo. I consider anything wider then my 25mm to be an ultra wide and it takes skill to compose this FL. You do a great job with it, as I can walk around a photo. I bet the NJ tourism or Chamber of Commerce would love these pics to promote these beautiful beach towns.
Thanks again for your comments. I am going with the lower saturated version on my web site. I posted another sky/foreground montage over on the Fun with Nikon board. That image used a 24mm lens forground (Tamron 24-70 VC lens), and 14mm for sky (Nikon 14~24mm lens).
Best regards
Dave
PS: I turn 80 years old tomorrow, and am still messing with photography!

scho

Thanks again for your comments. I am going with the lower saturated version on my web site. I posted another sky/foreground montage over on the Fun with Nikon board. That image used a 24mm lens forground (Tamron 24-70 VC lens), and 14mm for sky (Nikon 14~24mm lens).
Best regards
Dave
PS: I turn 80 years old tomorrow, and am still messing with photography!
Congratulations Dave! I'm from the same year class and also still enjoying photography.

V

Vivek

There is a bit of light nowadays. :)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Hacked Sony A7, Reflected Ultraviolet capture, The Hague

scho

A few walkabout shots taken with the A7II + MC-11 + Sigma 85 1.4 Art.

tashley

Subscriber Member

One from today - A7RII with CV 15mm f4.5 III @ f5.6 and then given some treatment.

DLP

Sunrise, Lancang Riverside, Yunnan Province, China
a7 mk2 + LAEA 4 + 135ZA

Sunset, Lancang Riverside, Yunnan Province, China
a7 mk2 + LAEA 4 + 135ZA

Lancang Riverside, Yunnan Province, China
a7 mk2 + LAEA 4 + 24ZA

Last edited:

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Yesterday I went on a small bicycle ride and I saw:

a decaying wall:

A6000 + OM Zuiko 50/1.4