The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

Thank you Bart

I was very sorry to hear that you had a lot of your camera gear stolen a few years back...That's a truly annoying thing to happen, I really do hope you manage to recover it or at least some of it oneday and the police catch the culprit .
That makes perfect sense to trade in the Pentax 50-135mm lens for the CV65mm especially as you already have the wonderful Sigma 135mm ART lens...Two fantastic prime lenses IMHO.

Anyway I'm glad that you are enjoying your new lens, it's an easy lens to like with not to many cons, I certainly am enjoying mine and very happy.

I did find it interesting what you said about the barrel diameter and it's close proximity to your fingers...I have never read that anywhere else and it's also my main gripe with my chunky fingers. I find that the back of my right-hand middle finger is almost rubbing on the scalloped focus ring at times...I wonder if the space between the A9 grip and lets say a typical std. fast large diameter lens has been expanded outwards over the A7R and A7RII cameras grips...Perhaps K-H could chip in here as he has both cameras...some inside calipers should show if the clearance has been increased or not.

Cheers Barry

In case you were still not convinced, check out this Kasson's blog: The Last Word / 65/2 Apo-Lanthar
Actually there're quite a few posts featuring this lens and the guy is 'seriously impressed', which is just as well ... :grin:

mediumcool

"All to ourselves"
A7RII/ 24-70 GM
Hope the running water didn’t ruin anyone’s sleep! I’ll be camping soon in South Australia’s Flinders Ranges in the state’s north, beautiful but sere, with water a rarity in the ‘driest state in the driest continent’. No waterfalls at all! :(

The Ute

Hope the running water didn’t ruin anyone’s sleep! I’ll be camping soon in South Australia’s Flinders Ranges in the state’s north, beautiful but sere, with water a rarity in the ‘driest state in the driest continent’. No waterfalls at all! :(
Usually the sound of water is relaxing.
Enjoy your sojourn.

frozenbb

Where exactly is that (it has been >20 years since i resided in Victoria), Tom?

Lovely light!
Vivek,

Apologies for the slow response. The shot was taken overlooking Fisherman's Wharf, near Kingston St. at St. Lawrence. The air was unusually clear that evening.

Cheers,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.