The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
For those who you who can't afford a drone, or lack the skill to fly one, here's my drone replacement, the "Ground drone" (Patent not pending). It comes in a two part kit, the big yellow part which you place on the ground, and the small blur part that moves around rather freely. A bit too freely sometimes.

In spite of Collision Avoidance Sensors (CAS) not being the latest generation, I haven't bumped into anything yet. The Semi-Automatic Positioning System (SAPS), consisting of four hi-tech green ropes attached to the blue part, each with its own operator (human) on ground level, also works well, at least as long as it doesn't start raining or one (or more) of the operators doesn't fall asleep or gets thirsty.

Just keep one of these (both parts) handy in your camera bag, and you can say farewell to DJI etc.

GX8 with Pana 100-300mm II @ 150mm and f/8

Knorp

You're so lucky to have the latest ILC-model with Stabilisation and Power-grip and this nifty onboard AI-feature ... :grin:

Elderly

I took the lens I'd been waiting for (PL 50-200) to the Goodwood Revival to try out the 200 end:
That's about $250,000,000 USD of motor cars charging towards my relatively VERY inexpensive new lens :D

k-hawinkler

I took the lens I'd been waiting for (PL 50-200) to the Goodwood Revival to try out the 200 end:
That's about $250,000,000 USD of motor cars charging towards my relatively VERY inexpensive new lens :D
Thanks Ian. Be careful not to inhale those fumes. :banghead:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I took the lens I'd been waiting for (PL 50-200) to the Goodwood Revival to try out the 200 end: That's about $250,000,000 USD of motor cars charging towards my relatively VERY inexpensive new lens :D
Great photo and a very, very impressive collection of cars. Do they do this every year? If they do, I'll consider going the next time.

Elderly

Great photo and a very, very impressive collection of cars. Do they do this every year? If they do, I'll consider going the next time.
Thank you Jorgen (my/Microsoft settings have reverted to disallowing an o with a /).Yes, it's a three day meeting every year - I'll PM you, but here's a quick iPhone snap of my two 'Fun with' things.

Elderly

and a totally OT somebody else's picture of me at Goodwood, but not at the Revival ….…. plebeians like myself are not invited.

Knorp

and a totally OT somebody else's picture of me at Goodwood, but not at the Revival ….…. plebeians like myself are not invited.
Aha! So you're really the driver of this sleek-looking Alfa ! Always wondered what your avatar was about ... :salute:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That's a nice looking Junior. There are several of them racing at classic events here in Thailand as well. Unfortunately, it's expensive to get spare parts to this part of the world, and many classic cars her look nice on the outside, but not so much under the bonnet.