Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Negative feedback!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Negative feedback!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    I am in the midst of a very disappointing experience -- one I hope will improve.

I recently bought a Nikon Coolscan 9000 through a posting here. I received the scanner, but it would not show up on my computer. I have several computers so I tried the scanner on all of them, but no computer shows it as connected. I took out a Coolscan 8000 I had "mothballed" and tried to connect that one. Each computer recognized it with no problem. So, I then go to the troubleshooting procedure outlined by Nikon (power on scanner, power on computer, run Nikon Scan, see if scanner found). Scanner passes its "post" test but seems to have a problem with the firewire port (as best I can tell from web threads re: 9000). After going through this testing and confirming the problem resides with the scanner and not my computer(s), I have now tried to alert the seller of the problem to inquire what position he will take. I am waiting to hear back.

Here is a link to the posting: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-...s-holders.html

In fairness to the seller, it has only been a couple of days since I reached out to him (he acknowledged my initial communication) so he may well intend to take care of this properly (i.e., pay for repair by Nikon or accept return). So, at the moment, this post should be regarded only as potential negative feedback on an expensive purchase (at least to me).
    I'd wait before posting this type of thing as it is very premature.

Post Thanks / Like

admin please delete above message. I have sent request and I'm posting request here.

Post Thanks / Like

Negative feedback
    User name:Rae Foto.
    original link:
    http://www.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-...0mm-f-4-a.html

Post Thanks / Like

Seller: oliver-lott
    Buyer: jonw
    Item: brass soft shutter release

It was a small dollar amount but I feel the seller handled the transaction poorly and he has sold quite a few of these here. I received the item and it would not screw into the shutter on my XPro 1 and I also tried it on several other film cameras that I have and it would not work on them either. Contacted the seller and he asked the obvious questions, whether I had tried it on other cameras which I explained that I had. Well he has ignored my messages and emails so I guess it will not get resolved. Like I said it is a small dollar amount but he handled this transaction poorly and I want other members to be aware.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jstaben View Post
    admin please delete above message. I have sent request and I'm posting request here.
    Admin: I concur with this request, please remove the posting if possible. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4o2ographic View Post
    Negative feedback
    User name:Rae Foto.
    original link:
    http://www.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-...0mm-f-4-a.html
    Hi,Admin,please delete this nagative feedback due to the guy has corrected his mistake. Lens arrived.

Post Thanks / Like

Negative feedback
    User name:MKK
    original link:Creo IQsmart3 scanner
    Don't make deal with MKK.I think he will waste your time and money.
    When I Exchanged foreign currency to pay by paypal.He cancel the deal.Let me transfer money to him by bank.I think there is some problems.I insist on paying by paypal.So I think there is a faker.
    Remind everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xiafeng205 View Post
    Negative feedback
    User name:MKK
    original link:Creo IQsmart3 scanner
    Don't make deal with MKK.I think he will waste your time and money.
    When I Exchanged foreign currency to pay by paypal.He cancel the deal.Let me transfer money to him by bank.I think there is some problems.I insist on paying by paypal.So I think there is a faker.
    Remind everyone!!!!!!!!!!
    I insist on me shipping the scanner delivered to your home address. You want to save delivery fees in Hong Kong by picking up the scanner yourself from the airport. I understand your wish to save some money, but you do not understand my wish to want proof on receipt of the scanner, something I will not have if the machine is only delivered to HK airport.

If you want payer protection, by all means you can have it, but that works both ways.

And talking about time wasting....

Post Thanks / Like

And by the way, I neither cancelled the deal nor did I insist on a bank transfer. I only said bank transfer if you refuse home delivery. Not difficult to understand is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Buyer: youngeajoy
    Seller: Me

I responded to buyer’s WTB ads at this FS or WTB thread (http://www.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-...A-leica-m.html) by offering him a mint refurbished black paint M2 which I bought several years ago from a seller in Germany. The camera has an * after the S/N and a “L” seal. From what I know about the * , the intact “L” seal and from the original Germany seller, I know this camera was refurbished (restored) by Leica factory. I told the buyer the same story and sent him four high resolution photos of the top, front, back and bottom views of camera. The seller did not ask any question about the camera after he received the photos but kept negotiating about the sell price. Finally we reached an agreement on the sell price. The camera was shipped and he was happy after receiving it.
    A week later, the buyer e-mailed me that he was told the camera was not an original Leica BP M2 because it has a chrome film advance lever cover (screw) and a short fat film advance lever. I told him that this was the way when I bought it and the silver cove and lever were shown very clearly on the photos I sent him before the purchase was made. Anyhow, he was very unhappy about it and asked for a return and refund. Base on goodwill. I accepted his request for return.

My nightmare began when the shipment arrived. The camera with the M2 marker box was enclosed in a DHL express yellow plastic envelop without any padding or protective material (see photos attached). It was declared as “Sample of camera (gift)” with a value of USD 30.00.The marker box was torn apart, the form inserts attached to the top cover came off. Further inspection of the camera found that there are straps marks on the top plate above the strap lugs, brassing on the strap lugs, one plastic bumper missing from the back door and light scratches on the back door and bottom plate. All these marked indicated that the camera has been used. I informed the buyer by e-mail of the received condition and told him that I cannot accept the return as the camera is not in the same as it was sold and the way the camera shipped without any proper protection is unacceptable. The next thing I know was that he filled a claim with PayPal complaining that the camera was “not as described” and asked for refund. Now, the case is in expert hands of PayPal. I can only hope for the best, but one thing will never change: I end up with a mint minus camera and a broken M2 box.

The buyer is based in Shanghai, China. I did a search on this thread and find that he is new member and has about 40+ postings, of which about 20+ of the postings are WTB equipments ranging from Leicia to Relleiflex and Hassalblad. Look like he is on a shopping spree.

So sellers beware! Nothing wrong if a buyer can afford anything he wants to buy. Just make sure you cover all ground before you ship to foreign land. Our norms of doing business in this forum and community may not be observed in that part of the world.

Administrator: I am not sure this is the right place to post my selling experience with the buyer, but I feel obligated to give our members a head up when dealing with this buyer as I do not wish any of our members have the same miserable encounter I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Additional photos of the back door and bottom plate after received.

Post Thanks / Like

I see two errors here:

-You sent the guy an unoriginal Black paint Leica.
    -You cherish and value too much an unoriginal BP Leica. If it's not original, there's no point in freaking out on the fihish as much as you do.

The way I understand it, the buyer was willing to use his "original BP" camera as he saw fit. He realized it wasn't an original and returned it to you. I don't see why he should be responsible for the marks. He was using it in good faith.

I guess this is the price to pay for being misinformed and misinform others on the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your comments.
    Let get few thing clarified:
    1. The series # of the camera is listed as "black" on CameraQuest and as "lack" on Hove Foto" Leica Pocket Book 5th Edition", so it is not de-chromed and repainted.
    2. I told the buyer the camera was "refurbished by Leica". I never used the word "original" when describing the camera. Where did I misled the buyer?
    3. How I cherish and value my equipment is my own business, be it a piece of junk.
    4. I just received a PM from a member of this forum who I do not know before. He wants me to told you that there is a third thing wrong. In his word:
    "You can tell Mr. NB23, or whatever his name is, at least one member thinks there's a third thing wrong, and that's a lack of consideration and care exercised by the buyer, when he decided to dump his purchase back on the seller, with a total disregard for care of the product".

Post Thanks / Like

My whatever name is EnBeeTwentyThree. And I am only interested in my own opinion. As far as I can tell, the marks are from absolutely normal use. If you can please pass the message to your anonymous messenger, thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's true that it's really unfortunate to ship photographic material like this.
    It happened to me once from a regular seller here (Bruno), a Summilux 50 Asph shipped in its box, without the leather pouch, inside a simple Spanish postal service plastic without any protection...

I mean, the minimum with photographic material (and any fragile and sensible things) is to pack them with care and safely. It doesn't cost much more time to do so. Like Leica does when returning things you sent them (got back the 50LA in a big box, with perfect protection inside for the lens and its box... Reassuring. ).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    ... He realized it wasn't an original and returned it to you. ...
    Ned,

You've missed the point. In the original thread that's linked to in Skueh's first post the buyer knew that it wasn't an original BP M2 because he wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by youngeajoy View Post
    Got a refurbished M2 from Skueh, still open to any other BP M.

Skueh,

Sorry to see the condition you're BP M2 was returned in and the value that's been detracted from an article that's obviously been so carefully cared for until now.

Pete.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    I see two errors here:

-You sent the guy an unoriginal Black paint Leica.
    -You cherish and value too much an unoriginal BP Leica. If it's not original, there's no point in freaking out on the fihish as much as you do.

The way I understand it, the buyer was willing to use his "original BP" camera as he saw fit. He realized it wasn't an original and returned it to you. I don't see why he should be responsible for the marks. He was using it in good faith.

I guess this is the price to pay for being misinformed and misinform others on the way.
    Er, no - this isn't FleaBay it's GetDPI - where I expect to be treated as well as I treat others - 'tough luck' has no place here. The goods should have been returned in the identical cosmetic and functional condition in which they were sent. Period. That's my return policy, and the policy of many others as well, I'm sure.

The packaging is a joke - from Shanghai in a DHL bag with no padding, insured for $30. Really? If it had gone missing would you now be telling the seller that it was his (or her) fault?

From my reading the seller provided enough information to the buyer for them to be clear as to whether or not they wanted to proceed with the transaction. Since this is the internet - not a place (generally) for face-to-face transactions, the time for the buyer to get a third-party to check the credentials of the item was prior to the transaction taking place, not afterwards. If in doubt, ask more questions, for more photographs - do your research. If you get the item and you're still not sure, don't go out and use it and then decide to return it. You can't do that with a new pair of shoes, so why think you can do it with a big-ticket item bought via a forum that you might need to return.

As far as PayPal is concerned, unfortunately I wouldn't hold my breath - the buyer seems to have all the power these days, but you never know. There's nothing as convenient, but Escrow services (e.g. escrow.com) have a lot going for them.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

These are photos of my packing when I shipped the camera to the buyer. I was expecting he could use the same box when he returned the camera to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Seller, I feel bad for your horrible experience. I'm a Leica fans too and I do love and cherish my black paint collection. Couldn't imagine if it happens on me...
    Leica | Angenieux | Alpa | Hasselblad | Phase One
    www.raymondchak.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

A week later, the buyer e-mailed me that he was told the camera was not an original Leica BP M2 because it has a chrome film advance lever cover (screw) and a short fat film advance lever.
    The sad part of this affair is that these in no way disqualify a camera as being an original BP. Leica produced many build combinations. Some original BP Leicas have chrome strap lugs, some have black painted ones, for example.

Post Thanks / Like

Jose1

Two hours after JOSE1 claiming to be from Spain joined up as a member of getdpi.com forum that was 2 days ago he sent me an offer via email (not PM) to sell his camera to me in reply to a WTB ad I had posted.

Unfortunately the id photo in his email was the same one as another person from UK had posted on Facebook. He claimed this was a case of identity theft.

Unfortunately the photo of "his" camera kit arranged on a garden table he sent me was identical with one posted on ebay by a seller in Washington, USA. Maybe another case of identity theft?

You decide if you want to deal with him. I'm afraid I don't. But maybe if you do think twice before going ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

jimemicheal

This guy joined up on 20 June and the same day sent me a message about a WTB ad I posted asking me to send him my email address so he can send me photos etc etc. A quick search for the email address he asked me to contact [email protected] indicates he is a known scammer, as you can see here:

***Important Please Read If you are posting in this section***UPDATED 10/19***

and here:

[email protected] in chattanooga, Tennessee gun classifieds -gunlistings.org

The same thing happened a couple of weeks ago when I posted a different WTB ad and got a reply from a different new member who had also joined up the same day he contacted me, so it may be the same person just using different email addresses and/or registering with different member names?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Seller: gear64 (Actually does not appear on the members list)
    Phony Name: "Tom Mastroberardino" [email protected]
    PayPal: [email protected]
    Problem: Total Scammer!

On July 7th I got an email via the forum system in response to a WTB ad I had placed some time ago. To be honest, I didn't take the time to vet him, but just responded to his email indicating interest. He sent pics of the item, and we agreed on a price. I paid via PayPal, and then NOTHING happened.

I contacted him several times on email address [email protected] ("Tom Mastroberardino", which appears to be a fake name, although there is a person by that name, and almost the same email in Italy.) asking about shipment. He then responded that there would be "Customs" of $400.00 on the item (for which was paying $385.00), claimed it was a "new law in Canada", and asked me to send the $400.00. When I refused and asked for a refund, he said he no longer had the $$$ in his PayPal account, but that someone was going to send him money, and he asked me to receive it, keep my refund amount, and then Western Union him the difference. I also refused this scam.

I contacted him a number of times asking for a refund, but he stopped responding. Fortunately, I had paid through PayPal with a credit card, and was able to get my bank to request a refund, which I have now received.

Post Thanks / Like

Seller: FSOT
    Item: Alpa Phase one Grip
    Amount: $600
    Problem: payment made but the seller had gone radio silent

Member FSOT told me that he does not accept paypal so I sent him a personal check. It was cleared on 8/14. The seller had since gone radio silent and I could not get a response from him since.

I will refrain from labeling the transaction a scam because I've seen many listings by this member on this forum and there might be a legitimate reason why he hasn't logged on for two weeks. I will wait another week then disclose his real name and address in the U.S. to which I sent the check. If there are other members here who have done business with FSOT could you please share your experience?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Seller: gear64 (Actually does not appear on the members list)
    Phony Name: "Tom Mastroberardino" [email protected]
    PayPal: [email protected]
    Problem: Total Scammer!

On July 7th I got an email via the forum system in response to a WTB ad I had placed some time ago. To be honest, I didn't take the time to vet him, but just responded to his email indicating interest. He sent pics of the item, and we agreed on a price. I paid via PayPal, and then NOTHING happened.

I contacted him several times on email address [email protected] ("Tom Mastroberardino", which appears to be a fake name, although there is a person by that name, and almost the same email in Italy.) asking about shipment. He then responded that there would be "Customs" of $400.00 on the item (for which was paying $385.00), claimed it was a "new law in Canada", and asked me to send the $400.00. When I refused and asked for a refund, he said he no longer had the $$$ in his PayPal account, but that someone was going to send him money, and he asked me to receive it, keep my refund amount, and then Western Union him the difference. I also refused this scam.

I contacted him a number of times asking for a refund, but he stopped responding. Fortunately, I had paid through PayPal with a credit card, and was able to get my bank to request a refund, which I have now received.
    Just for reference, there are no customs fees in Canada for equipment originating from the US. For Photo equipment, there is no duty from anywhere as far as I know.

...and certainly NOT when shipping out of Canada!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Seller has gotten in touch with me and has shipped the item. It is currently in transit. Will request for removal once I receive and confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbma View Post
    Seller: FSOT
    Item: Alpa Phase one Grip
    Amount: $600
    Problem: payment made but the seller had gone radio silent

Member FSOT told me that he does not accept paypal so I sent him a personal check. It was cleared on 8/14. The seller had since gone radio silent and I could not get a response from him since.

I will refrain from labeling the transaction a scam because I've seen many listings by this member on this forum and there might be a legitimate reason why he hasn't logged on for two weeks. I will wait another week then disclose his real name and address in the U.S. to which I sent the check. If there are other members here who have done business with FSOT could you please share your experience?

Post Thanks / Like

Request to remove negative feedback. The seller got in touch with me, shipped the item, and I received it intact. He was on an extended break and had no access to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbma View Post
    Seller has gotten in touch with me and has shipped the item. It is currently in transit. Will request for removal once I receive and confirm it.