Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Canon 5Ds/5DsR

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Canon 5Ds/5DsR

I absolutely love what the 5DsR is capable of producing, but after playing with some RAW files from the Canon 80D (with on-chip ADC), and seeing a chart that shows the 1DX2 has even better dynamic range than the 80D, I've decided that I will not be buying any Canon cameras that do NOT have the on-chip ADC.

As awesome as the 5DsR is right now, I can't wait to see the 5D4, 6D2, 5DsR2, etc.

This is why with Sony, I have all Canon mount Zeiss Otus, Milvus, and Canon lenses.

I started with Canon, and I'll probably end up back with them in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

i still have some good canon lenses (24-70 2.8 II, 24 ts-e II, 100 2.8 macro, 90 ts-e) and would also happily go back to a canon camera. iím a sony user now mostly with a cambo actus or occasionally the canon lenses adapted but last week i was helping out a car photographer friend of mine and was surprised at how good the 5dsR files were, they were that good that once the £800 repair for his H5D50c lens is back the whole system is being sold as it offers very little over the canon.
    Canon sensors really have moved on since the 5DIII which is the last body i owned.
    its foolish to dismiss a camera just because of a DXO rating or an online review, you really have to see the results of your own use in front of you to gain a meaningful conclusion. i can pick up a 5Ds for about £1800 (ex-vat) if the filming specs matched the sony i probably would have by now.
    never trust the opinion of anyone who lists a load of gear in their forum signature. Dealers do not email me asking to buy your products.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Why doesn't the 5DS R get any love? Everywhere you look, people are saying Fuji GFX, X1D, Nikon 810, Sony 7RII, blah blah blah and for some strange reason, the 5DS R is treated like a red headed step child.

Post Thanks / Like

because a scientific graph shows its an inferior camera.
    that and people look for validation and post purchase rationalisation and affirmation from their peers.

when the reality is images matter not graphs.
    never trust the opinion of anyone who lists a load of gear in their forum signature. Dealers do not email me asking to buy your products.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

well, 60MP sounds pretty interesting for the SR mkII

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos...k-ii-talk-cr2/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Satrycon View Post
    well, 60MP sounds pretty interesting for the SR mkII

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos...k-ii-talk-cr2/
    If Canon could come up with a hybrid OVF/EVF - as many hoped for the Nikon D850 - this would be a stunning camera.

I am anyway without any DSLR system in the moment, so I would be open to go either Canon and Nikon. I only would hope that this camera would show up in the next 6 month so I did not have to go back into Nikon before

Some of the newer Canon lenses are pretty interesting such as the 1.4/85 for example ....