Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuji X200 X-trans sensored rumors here please

Post Thanks / Like

Fuji X200 X-trans sensored rumors here please

So looks like the rumor mill is running with X200 with an X-trans sensor- a successor for the X100.

As someone who has been a bit enthralled with the Sony RX1, I am very very interested if an X200 model like this comes along. To be a complete match to the RX1 it would have to sport an F1.4 lens... not sure if that would increase the size too much or how hard it would be to make.

But I am interested mainly for one reason: Leaf Shutter. Leaf shutter= quiet. I can only hope Fuji ups their processor so the X200 processes/acts faster than their current X-E1/X-pro 1 line.

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fuji X200 X-trans sensored rumors here please

Is this the July rumor?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess july rumor updated this month

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It's about time. I hope Fuji spare no expense in going after the RX-1... an f1.4 lens would be awesome.

Thanks for the rumour - the X100 is my favourite camera to use, and could really use a fast focusing, high speed lens.

Brian

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The Rx1 will help the X200 sales. I think it is a direct competitor.

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And this time, make two versions please; one 35 and one 85mm eqv.
    Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mosley View Post
    It's about time. I hope Fuji spare no expense in going after the RX-1... an f1.4 lens would be awesome.

Thanks for the rumour - the X100 is my favourite camera to use, and could really use a fast focusing, high speed lens.

Brian
    I was seriously considering an RX1 because of both high ISO performance and leaf shutter. Then I read the X200 X-trans rumor and started to think "Fuji." I love the Q but a well priced reasonably fast Fuji X200 would rock for street life in many situations.

I am not sure how well they can go for an F1.4. I really want the camera to be compact too. Ideally smaller than the X100 but I am not sure how feasible that is.

Did a shooting in a small venue of a classical music concert with the Q and had I had any camera with shutter noise I would have been kicked out. They didn't even notice I took the shots and they were more than happy I did.

So I have a new appreciation for quiet! :-)

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    :-)

I wouldn't mind a 47mm equivalent lens one. Or even a special lens that you could mechanically adjust to end up with 2-3 pre-set focal lengths, if such design makes sense to keep the quality of the lenses high over a typical zoom.

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    The Rx1 will help the X200 sales. I think it is a direct competitor.
    I cannot imagine the directness, since already differed in price alone!

Post Thanks / Like

Rumours an speculations, pining away for the X200, then the X300 etc. the folks at Fuji
    rubbing their hands in glee,
    This makes some interesting reading
    This is why your pictures suck | Adam Marelli Photo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Leyenaar View Post
    Rumours an speculations, pining away for the X200, then the X300 etc. the folks at Fuji
    This makes some interesting reading
    This is why your pictures suck | Adam Marelli Photo
    Yes. Very interesting reading indeed. I take you are speaking for yourself though?

- raist

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it will be an X100 lens (F2.0, same focal length). It's ok.

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raist3d View Post
    Yes. Very interesting reading indeed. I take you are speaking for yourself though?

- raist
    I do admit to liking various types of equipment , and of course , getting something new is always ( for me ) a motivating factor .
    Having been a long time Leica film shooter , this craze for more mbs seems
    somewhat odd, considering that the iq of digital has surpassed the iq of film
    some time ago, except perhaps for cibachrome.
    That critique must have touched a nerve though , seeing that you wish to make it personal.
    Btw , that wasn't me speaking, simply directing attention to the article.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Leyenaar View Post
    I do admit to liking various types of equipment , and of course , getting something new is always ( for me ) a motivating factor .
    Having been a long time Leica film shooter , this craze for more mbs seems
    somewhat odd, considering that the iq of digital has surpassed the iq of film
    some time ago, except perhaps for cibachrome.
    That critique must have touched a nerve though , seeing that you wish to make it personal.
    Btw , that wasn't me speaking, simply directing attention to the article.
    Hmmm... I guess my reply did touch a nerve, didn't it? :-) Look at what you replied with, originally:

"Rumours an speculations, pining away for the X200, then the X300 etc. the folks at Fuji
    This makes some interesting reading"

Don't try to hide behind the "oh, you decided to make it personal" bs. *You clearly meant something when you wrote what you wrote*, did you not?

Funny thing, I actually sympathize with this far more than you think, but you came in opening fire on the entire thread from the get go without even bothering to check anything- thus you can't come in and say no "oh I meant this in general" and try to hide behind that. Stand by what you say, or don't say it then- or better yet- speak for yourself.

So to answer your first sentences (since yes, you are clearly referring to the thread and what I started), I am not pinning away for the X200 then the X300, etc. Yes, there are many I have seen that do exactly that on these forums (and many other forums for that matter). I have done the same too, but in this thread, I was just interested for the X200 for a set of very special and particular reasons. If it happens and full fills very specific photographic tool reasons I am interested in. If not, then well no.

If I just wanted "latest and greatest" for its own sake, I surely wouldn't be "wasting my time" using a Pentax Q with a "useless sensor" for the better part of last year right? A camera I use almost on a daily basis.

- Raist

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    3 versions. Add a 21 or 24mm version and I'd be in heaven. 21/35/85 or 90 are my favorite focal lengths on a RF platform. (Actually any platform really)
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by pophoto View Post
    I cannot imagine the directness, since already differed in price alone!
    You are right. The Rx1 would not be a good match for the X200 which would be cheaper, with a built in VF, usable hot-shoe, usable without a $150 thumb grip, possibly with no color shift problems and equal or better DR and IQ.

What was I thinking!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay Vivek, but don't do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I'll have to have one since the X100 has been my most used camera over the last year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Looks like it will be an X100 lens (F2.0, same focal length). It's ok.

- Raist
    I'd be fine with that optically, but the focusing mechanism needs an upgrade... fast and silent please!

Cheers

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, just tea the following tonight:

- new much faster aF (0.08 secs, possible hybrid aF by still rumor)
    - new exe sensor (probably about twice as fast)
    - focus peaking

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, X100s specs have been leaked and look great. Phase detect and CDAF, X-Trans 16Mpixels sensor, Digital Split Image, Higher res EVF + OVF, Focus Peaking. Wow! Bring on the XPro-2 with those features.

Details here
    David Anderson

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I appreciate that they actually list the shutter lag time (0.01s) among others. That sounds about the same (or could be less) as the Sony stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

The shutter lag listed i bet is pre focus shutter lag. Tons of camera
    Do hyper fast there already. What matter is their new aF time. Looks like they are very very fast now.

So looks like the x100s is a major upgrade from x100 in operation. They even have range go set split image like manual focus.

Other than one full stop DOF and maybe some still better higher iso performance by a hair, I don't see what an rx1 has over this camera.

Update: I guess the rx1 is still a bit smaller?

Post Thanks / Like

I expect the x100s to sell out

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The shutter lag listed i bet is pre focus shutter lag. Tons of camera
    Do hyper fast there already.
    I had the latest NEX' in mind when I mentioned the shutter lag. Sony NEX' using manual focus lenses still have an annoying shutter lag. I think it takes a while for them to process that data regarding WB and exposure. If I press the shutter all the way, I can get an image faster but with an inaccurate WB and exposure. It is not pleasant at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Solid, solid update on paper. Let's see how they I implememt.

Very pleased with the specs though and looking forward to these features moving up to the X-Pro on the next release.

Agree with Raist3d - not much enticing about the RX1 now, at least at the current price.

Post Thanks / Like

So looks like this isn't the Fuji camera I will be jumping for. Looks like that would be whatever updates they did with Xtrans-II, EXR cpu II applied to an X-E1 (X-E1 II if you will) with the pancake lens.

So I would imagine that will be out mid-summer to end of this year, then that's it. Time to sell my Pentax stuff and do the jump thing. I would have a pro camera for everything I want to do that I want to carry with me at all times for street life.

The issue I have with this one is that I am not a 35mm focal length shooter. (certainly not the "camera's fault."

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like

Other than one full stop DOF and maybe some still better higher iso performance by a hair, I don't see what an rx1 has over this camera.

Update: I guess the rx1 is still a bit smaller?
    The RX1 gives you the more shallow DOF, higher resolution, and probably about a stop better ISO performance.

As for size, the Fuji is still considerably slimmer (front to back) because of the smaller lens: Compact Camera Meter

It's taller due to the viewfinder inclusion (a good tradeoff for most people), and wider, which should allow for better ergonomics IMO.

I tried the RX1 last week and would personally rather have the X100S. Won't be getting either though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Amin View Post
    The RX1 gives you the more shallow DOF, higher resolution, and probably about a stop better ISO performance.

As for size, the Fuji is still considerably slimmer (front to back) because of the smaller lens: Compact Camera Meter

It's taller due to the viewfinder inclusion (a good tradeoff for most people), and wider, which should allow for better ergonomics IMO.

I tried the RX1 last week and would personally rather have the X100S. Won't be getting either though.
    Amin, you forgot to add that the RX1 also gives you a $2,000 larger deficit in your bank account

Curious about your last statement, if money was no object but you could only have one, why would you select the X100s? Or is the money a deciding factor in your hypothetical?

And to the point about resolution, I think I would take a 16mp camera with no filter over a 24mp with filter all day long. But that's just my preference of course. Would really like the 24mp without!

Chad

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the XPro2 or XE2 could approach the 24MP resolution mark, but that's just wishful thinking on my part!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Amin;480503]The RX1 gives you the more shallow DOF, higher resolution, and probably about a stop better ISO performance.
    [quote]

The shallower dof yes. The higher resolution- depends. Rx1 has aa filter, the fuji doesn't. It's possible the fuji may match or near match it. The ISo performance I am not sure either- the xtrans is really good. My guess is maybe but maybe not one full stop.

Looks to me the x100s will have a lot of things over the Sony at half the price (tops). But yeah, as much ask would enjoy getting one, it's not for me either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pophoto View Post
    I hope the XPro2 or XE2 could approach the 24MP resolution mark, but that's just wishful thinking on my part!
    I am fine with 16mp to be honest. For the work I like doing is more than enough and 24 mp will be a workflow clog. Speaking for myself of course. I wouldn't mind 24 much as long as they keep the IsO perf.

Raist

Post Thanks / Like

With the X100s announced this will of course push NOS and used X100 prices down. This makes a good camera even more of a bargain to anyone who wanted to try a X100 and yet has not.

It could get to a point that its not worth selling a working X100 as its a lot of camera for little money now.

I am curious as to what price the RX-1 may eventually dive to. Perhaps Sony will release a RX-2 FF mirrorless (everyone will have to have one) and RX-1 prices will inevitably fall. I may step in then on a RX-1.

Post Thanks / Like

I must say Fuji exceeded my expectations with the announcements - provided they follow up. Still the X100s is not my camera. Probably more like what would be the X-E1s, or the X20 before the X100s.

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amin View Post

And then there is a significant, but less measurable advantage to the RX1, the unique and beautiful rendering of its Sonnar lens ........ As nice as the 23mm Fuji optics are, the lens glued to the Sony body is worth a considerable premium to me.

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I was planning to buy an E-PL5 and the new Zuiko 17mm to use as a semi pocketable street cam. Now I'm not so sure anymore. The X100S seems to be just what I need.
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 8th January 2013 at 06:21.
    Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This looks to be an X100 enthusiasts dream upgrade. Only thing they left out (arguably) was an articulating lcd for waist level shooting.

I can certainly forgive them that. Seriously want one.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    And then there is a significant, but less measurable advantage to the RX1, the unique and beautiful rendering of its Sonnar lens ........ As nice as the 23mm Fuji optics are, the lens glued to the Sony body is worth a considerable premium to me.
    No doubt, the RX1 lens is tops but you said the magic word - premium. There are so many people that lust after the X100 but even its price point is too expensive for them. The RX1 is comparably in the stratosphere and as such, a truly niche camera in a category similar to Leica (although certainly a good value if you understand and can utilize what it offers).

Enjoy it you lucky bastard

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

To put things in perspective:

Sony RX1 OVF $600
    Sony RX1 EVF $450
    Total ---- $1050

Fuji x100s with OVF and EVF $1300

Post Thanks / Like

This looks to be an X100 enthusiasts dream upgrade. Only thing they left out (arguably) was an articulating lcd for waist level shooting.
    I'm a huge fan of the X100 and am very happy they didn't put in that type of screen. Fuji makes cameras that we can use at eye level... thankfully.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    I am sure the rx1 lens is amazing but judging from the distortion and sharpness admittedly very small (IMHO) issues and fujis purposely compensation (new tech) for lens diffraction combined with the fact the x100 lens as we know is also pretty amazing I am not sure this difference will be that big. You do get shallower dof so that counts.

To me personally I see much better usability in fujis proposition. (I think we can agree that both manual and regular af will be notably faster) and you get not just an eve but also an off from the get go.

Not trying to say the rx1 is not great but I get a hunch total camera feel/use the fuji may very well give a very compelling experience that will rival and for many exceed, Sonys proposition. Nd filter anyone?

A part of me wishes fuji went the sigma way and did a 50, and 75 focal length equivalents of this model.

Raist

Ps: not trying to shoot down your preferences, just trying to paint a "full camera use" perspective. The rx1 is very nice indeed and I am speaking for myself.

Post Thanks / Like

I can certainly forgive them that. Seriously want one.

Brian
    Me too- I honestly rather have a slim figured camera than the articulated LCD. They give you a hybrid ovf and a leaf shutter! ;-)

Honestly I wasn't expecting such a well thought out upgrade. Was checking the fuji USA fuji guys video and they made some really good improvements in the usability over the x100. Like they listened or something!

It really seems this camera takes care of virtually my fuji x mount and x100 critiques- af, operational speed- even when they had a good set of buttons, menus and levels to push/pull.

If I was a 35mm shooter I would be so over it.

- Ricardo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I love the 35mm perspective. It allows for close up environmental portrait... really giving a sense of 'being there' and I'm so glad that Fuji are developing their superb hybrid ovf/evf technology.

The articulating screen is seriously useful for shooting without sticking the camera in front of your face (I'm left eye dominant).

I'd be quite happy with a remote viewfinder app for Android... haven't Samsung already done this?

Cheers

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea when these will be available?
    Love the X100 IQ and handling, other than the slowish AF it's a stellar camera, this looks to be THE carry around camera for me.
    Shaun O'Boyle
    new.oboylephoto.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

End of March in the US, probably earlier elsewhere...

Post Thanks / Like

First fuji x100s sample images (not %100)

Fotogalerie : X100S | FUJIFILM

Post Thanks / Like

Bah, this is not good. My brain is trying to justify this camera for me. I was actually near convinced to buy the RX1 so getting this one shouldn't be that much of an effort if I was pretty convinced on the RX1....

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    End of March in the US, probably earlier elsewhere...
    Robert

Do you know if the EVF frame rate for the X100s is different from the X100? 60 fps would make it a killer

Woody

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it's the same as the X-E1, which is faster, but i don't think it's 60fps fast...

Update from Fuji rep: mid April in USA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bah, this is not good. My brain is trying to justify this camera for me. I was actually near convinced to buy the RX1 so getting this one shouldn't be that much of an effort if I was pretty convinced on the RX1....

- Raist
    Have you tried the RX1? I'm assuming you will have tried the X100. The feel is completely different. Like shooting with a classic, photographers camera vs a (slow focusing) point and shoot.

Personally, I think the RX1 is now hugely overpriced in comparison with the X100s.

No offence to any of the owners of the RX1 here - I could easily have taken that route if it had felt right in my hands.

What do you think?

Brian