Site Sponsors

Thread: adobe subscription

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

adobe subscription

for $10 a month you get the newest versions of Lightroom and PS; any feedback on this?

i think they will work on several computers (not at once?).

so over 5 yrs the vig is about $600

comments?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: adobe subscription

John, I've been using the Creative Cloud subscription since it was introduced. It has worked OK for me, except for a few glitches at the beginning that have been mostly cleared up (for example, having to log out of CC and then login again to have the update available). I use CC on two computers and that's allowed by the license. There are still a lot of haters out there who despise the subscription model. I'm not one of them.

Joe

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    John, I've been using the Creative Cloud subscription since it was introduced. It has worked OK for me, except for a few glitches at the beginning that have been mostly cleared up (for example, having to log out of CC and then login again to have the update available). I use CC on two computers and that's allowed by the license. There are still a lot of haters out there who despise the subscription model. I'm not one of them.

Joe
    +1

I've had the subscription since it was available, and since I do video as well as photo editing and graphic design too, it's actually cheaper than when I had to buy the complete package, which had to be renewed every second years or thereabouts.

Post Thanks / Like

Do the applications ever become unavailable due to problems with Adobe CC itself?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 4season View Post
    Do the applications ever become unavailable due to problems with Adobe CC itself?
    No. Your computer(s) checks in with Adobe via CC periodically ("phones home") to check for updates and verify your license. But you can turn WiFi off on your computer and still use the apps for days. I've had no difficulty using the apps when I've been completely disconnected from Adobe.

Joe

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

since i just purchased a leica product, i have a free pass for lightroom. is this the LR6 cloud version? seems it downloaded LR5. and i'm not sure how any upgrade to LR6 would work if it is now subscription; not to mention i was considering upgrading PS to C6, which is only by subscription

thx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    since i just purchased a leica product, i have a free pass for lightroom. is this the LR6 cloud version? seems it downloaded LR5. and i'm not sure how any upgrade to LR6 would work if it is now subscription; not to mention i was considering upgrading PS to C6, which is only by subscription

thx
    Excellent product and support. My experience.

Post Thanks / Like

My annual CS Photoshop subscription is running out. I am going back to CS6 at least until I see if I am missing anything. So far I am not.