The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Afternoon

Mad light at the beach with an approaching storm. Colour may be way off, using a completely rubbish laptop but you'll get the idea I'm sure!

ejpeiker

The Sonoran Desert in Bloom from last year. Unfortunately this won't be happening this year with only three rainfalls since September...
P1 XF-IQ3100, 40-80mm @ 60mm, ISO 50, f/8, 1/320, 7 exposure focus stack

AZ_PeridotMesa02.jpg

jduncan

The bluebirds returned early this year (arrived a few weeks ago) and like to sit atop the feeder hanger keeping watch over the backyard and our kitchen. They’re not spooked by me walking up to the window and often fly over to the glass when they get more curious. These were taken through the window, hand held and manual focus.

Joe
Beatiful,

dave.gt

Wow... everybody continues to impress me! From dignified birds, to amazing landscapes, I have found no better place to view great images and by people who are having fun, too! :)

drunkenspyder recently posted a very cool long exposure of a passing train on a bridge... I liked that one so much I decided to ask if there are others who have captured cool images of people or other subjects in motion that shows the moving/speeding that is so often missing in still Photography.

I just started back to sketching/drawing for the first time since high school and I would like to see motion in images to give me a sense of how to draw it. That moving train looks like a piece of art in a way that I can connect with for some reason!:):):)

stngoldberg

Mookie Betts is the Boston Red Sox right fielder.
Here he is on the move for a fly ball
Hasselblad 300mm lens on a P1 100mpx back
Cropped image
Stanley

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I apologize, but this is *actually* what the dawn looked like. The only difference is that the purple/lavender color went all the way to the horizon, but digital sensors insist that any bright color there is actually yellow. I tried to correct it.

But the saturation was turned DOWN.

Leica S(006), Contax 645 35/3.5 Distagon

--Matt

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Wow... everybody continues to impress me! From dignified birds, to amazing landscapes, I have found no better place to view great images and by people who are having fun, too! :)

drunkenspyder recently posted a very cool long exposure of a passing train on a bridge... I liked that one so much I decided to ask if there are others who have captured cool images of people or other subjects in motion that shows the moving/speeding that is so often missing in still Photography.

I just started back to sketching/drawing for the first time since high school and I would like to see motion in images to give me a sense of how to draw it. That moving train looks like a piece of art in a way that I can connect with for some reason!:):):)
Here's my Train-in-Motion shot: Leica S(006), 24 Super Elmar, 1/2 second hand held (against a pillar).

Best,

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.