The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
There's a funny story about the great 1989 SF earthquake. A Berkeley physicist was on the phone with a colleague at SLAC (Palo Alto). The guy down south suddenly said " <expletive deleted> We're having an earthquake. Gotta run." So the Berkley guy went out into the hall, looked at his watch, stretched, and announced. "I think it's about time for an earthquake."

So there is this thread about the the new Hasselblad called something like "X2D coming to a divorce near you." So I had to get on the waiting list. You see, this is the view from my window now, and it is, thank the good lord, not the one I've been bludgeoning you all with over the past 17 years. X1D, alas, as I'm far down the waiting list. Although it's quite pretty autumn foliage - well, I can't compete there, so some processing...

Oh, 90/3.2 at f/8. Lens just arrived from @nameBrandon, and it's perfect.

Matt

(Damn. I just came across LR's "BW Infrared" setting. It's almost exactly what I did here. And here I was, feeling all edgy and original. Sigh.)

Last edited:

darr

I hope everyone is doing well.

I've got gear to sell, so I thought I'd drop a recent photo first.
A few days ago at St. Marks NWR, St. Marks, FL.
Made with Hasselblad 907x + 45P. I only got one lens, but it works.
Now I have to find the time to photograph the gear to sell.

Best, Darr

jng

I hope everyone is doing well.

I've got gear to sell, so I thought I'd drop a recent photo first.
A few days ago at St. Marks NWR, St. Marks, FL.
Made with Hasselblad 907x + 45P. I only got one lens, but it works.
Now I have to find the time to photograph the gear to sell.

Best, Darr
Wonderful to see you here again, Darr. Lovely image - thanks for sharing it with us.

John

Ed Hurst

During a recent business trip to Melbourne, this rather surreal sight met my eyes when looking out of the hotel.

It's a sculpture called Queen Bee, designed by Richard Stringer, and made from anodised aluminium. It's intended to convey the frenetic activity that embodies high-density city living...

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 200mm f4 (late) lens.

pegelli

During a recent business trip to Melbourne, this rather surreal sight met my eyes when looking out of the hotel.

It's a sculpture called Queen Bee, designed by Richard Stringer, and made from anodised aluminium. It's intended to convey the frenetic activity that embodies high-density city living...

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 200mm f4 (late) lens.
Indeed a nice sculpture and tightly caught between the buildings, the reflection of her backside is a nice bonus.

One question, did you use the electronic shutter while hand-holding the camera, or are all the vertical lines of the modern architecture really as wavy as we see in the photo?

Ed Hurst

Indeed a nice sculpture and tightly caught between the buildings, the reflection of her backside is a nice bonus.

One question, did you use the electronic shutter while hand-holding the camera, or are all the vertical lines of the modern architecture really as wavy as we see in the photo?
Hi there. I deliberately shot through the most distorting window glass I could find to give the scene an even more bizarre feel! Having first worked out when that shadow would be just right...

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Elizabeth Quay Bridge in Perth (Western Australia) is 120 metres long and opened in 2016, providing a focal point for a newly redeveloped part of the city.

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100mm lens @ circa 60mm

GFX100S with Pentax 645 28-45mm lens @ 28mm

Three shot panorama shot with GFX100S and Pentax 645 28-45mm lens @ 28mm

Ed Hurst

Together with the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge, Uluru (a.k.a. Ayer's Rock) is the single most iconically Australian thing!

On earlier trips, I went for the wide scenes of the whole rock. But this time, I decided it was appropriate to go for closer scenes that show what she's made of!

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100 lens @ circa 90mm

More to come, but I want this one to breathe by itself for a while!

Ed Hurst

There's a funny story about the great 1989 SF earthquake. A Berkeley physicist was on the phone with a colleague at SLAC (Palo Alto). The guy down south suddenly said " <expletive deleted> We're having an earthquake. Gotta run." So the Berkley guy went out into the hall, looked at his watch, stretched, and announced. "I think it's about time for an earthquake."

So there is this thread about the the new Hasselblad called something like "X2D coming to a divorce near you." So I had to get on the waiting list. You see, this is the view from my window now, and it is, thank the good lord, not the one I've been bludgeoning you all with over the past 17 years. X1D, alas, as I'm far down the waiting list. Although it's quite pretty autumn foliage - well, I can't compete there, so some processing...

Oh, 90/3.2 at f/8. Lens just arrived from @nameBrandon, and it's perfect.

Matt

(Damn. I just came across LR's "BW Infrared" setting. It's almost exactly what I did here. And here I was, feeling all edgy and original. Sigh.)
I just love your posts, Matt!

dj may

My photography work has been interrupted by the Russian war on Ukraine. I had a previous career in international business. In July I answered a call for volunteer (that means no compensation) consultants to assist Ukrainian businesses not only survive, but expand in Europe. I had a pause, which enabled to resume work on some photography projects.

69AB83D0-F6AB-450B-9EF2-8179B50FF7CD.jpeg
Leica S3, APO-Elmar-S 180mm

Ed Hurst

Status
Not open for further replies.