The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

rdeloe

You know it! When I took up digital photography after a hiatus from shooting 4x5, I was over the moon when I read a Tim Parkin article on On Landscape where he described tilt-shift adapters. When my friend Jeffrey put me on to digital view cameras, I was able to get back everything I lost in the way of movements when I stopped using 4x5s.

Now if you can mount that thing on a tilt adapter, you will be set!
I'm actually being serious this time! A shift lens on a tilt-shift adapter is a powerful tool. And wouldn't you know it, they exist: https://kipon.com/product/ts-m645-x1d/

rdeloe

Looks just like the Pentax 645 one. And just think, you could get over 30mm of shift out of the combo.:oops:
I wouldn't get my hopes up for 30mm of shift, but having the ability to do a rise with tilt would be nice, or to combine rise and shift while doing a tilt or swing. I found that extremely useful when I had a pair of Mirex tilt-shift adapters. Still not as good as a digital view camera... but it was pretty good.

Ed Hurst

This time, it's Barrowby Church (a village a couple of miles away from Grantham, where the larger church is - posted above).

GFX100S with Laowa 15mm lens and 10mm shift.

N.B. After taking this, I put my drone up and took some moody images of the church through the thicker, swirling fog. But obviously I can't post them on this forum! The wider collection, in case anyone's interested, is here: Barrowby Church

Barrowby Church on a misty morning by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
This time, it's Barrowby Church (a village a couple of miles away from Grantham, where the larger church is - posted above).

GFX100S with Laowa 15mm lens and 10mm shift.

N.B. After taking this, I put my drone up and took some moody images of the church through the thicker, swirling fog. But obviously I can't post them on this forum! The wider collection, in case anyone's interested, is here: Barrowby Church

Barrowby Church on a misty morning by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
Beautiful drone set, Ed. It's a good thing drone use is severely restricted where I live, or the temptation would be too great.
Matt