The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

FotodioX Pro automatic macro extension tubes 20mm & 48mm for Hasselblad XCD mount

For Sale FotodioX Pro automatic macro extension tubes (20mm & 48mm) for Hasselblad XCD mount. I used these a couple of times indoors and they work fine on the Hasselblad X2D, X1D-II and 907X. I have switched to a technical camera and no longer need them. The tubes are near mint and come with...
  2. G

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

It's hard to determine if the dealer/direct issue is intentional or simply a result of incompetence on the part of DJI/HB. In reviewing the dealers on the HB website, there are 6 listed for the entire US, yet we know there are many more than that. Whereas, the listed dealer count in the UK - a...
  3. G

Hasselblad XCD 28P

There is also new firmware available today for the X2D (2.0.1) and 38V/55V/28P (1.4.1) which is said to improve focusing speed.
  4. G

Any Info on the Hasselblad 90mm f2.5?

You have not missed anything - the 90V has not been released to the public. Hasselblad's website does not distinguish between truly sold out and yet to be released. The B&H dates are placeholders and are unreliable until the item ships. Sample copies of the 90V were sent to reviewers in...
  5. G

Hasselblad XCD 21mm no longer available

LOL. Quotes because I suspect that Hasselblad does not do the design in isolation - would seem reasonable there is a give and take between H and the optical manufacturer during the process. I may be totally wrong.
  6. G

In case someone is looking for a new lens, it appears that Pictureline in Utah has a new XCD 21/4 in stock. ...gregg
  7. G

My understanding is that it is the actual optical production. Hasselblad itself "designs" the lens.
  8. G

Various reports published over the years. ...gregg
  9. G

The new XCD/V lenses are produced by Panasonic. The "regular" XCD lenses were manufactured by Nittoh. Suspect Hasselblad/DJI did not want to maintain two lens manufacturer contracts.
  10. G

phase one XC…

At least they didn't release a new designer style neck strap, like our friends in Sweden a while back...
  11. G

Hasselblad X1D II for sale

Hi, is your X1D-II still available? Thanks...gregg
  12. G

Rumors of new XCD lenses?

LOL SMH - wasn't even thinking about that. I sold my 90/3.2 last year when the 90V was announced. Was anticipating a sooner release date. Plus, the 90/3.2 rental rate is significantly less expensive. Thanks for the idea. ...gregg
  13. G

I know the feeling - am hoping the 90V ships before my June trip (Yosemite/Glacier/Moab/Palouse). Have reserved a 55V rental in case it doesn't, so I can at least crop it. ...gregg
  14. G

Buying used is the least expensive way to protect a lens investment should a "replacement" come out in the future. However, given the slow production of the 38/55 and the yet-to-be-released 90, it seems if you need a focal length now, buy it. Even if H were to replace their minimalist versions...
  15. G

naive question: is it possible to use mirrorless lens with digital back?

As you noted, the first issue is the flange to sensor focal distances. Nikon Z measures 16.0 mm and Hasselblad XCD measures 18.14mm Therefore, one has about 2.14mm with which to machine an adapter for Z mounts to X mounts. Pretty thin. There might be a way to insert a lens to remedy this...
  16. G

Phocus Mobile 2 now compatible with X2D

Thanks - is helpful. The nice thing about the hardwired remote release cable (for the X1D/907X) is that you don't have to look at the device to fire it. But, if the button on the iPhone screen is large, the problem is solved. ...gregg
  17. G

Phocus Mobile 2 now compatible with X2D

Quick question - does PM2 (on iPhone or iPad) allow for use of one of the mobile device's physical buttons to activate the shutter? Thanks...gregg
  18. G

Hasselblad XV Lens Adapter Questions

IIRC, I had to file the metal lock catch on the Hasselblad XV adapter to get it to lock the lens in place. However, the lenses fit reasonably snug, so no significant sag with a 250/4 FE + 2xMutar. Agree with others - try another Hasselblad version before going 3rd party. I have not had good...
  19. G

Hassey V lens with mold… still worth buying

I have a Zeiss 2x Mutar T* converter on a 250/4 FE. The lens itself is not that sharp [compared to modern optics] and the Mutar does not improve it. Unsure how it would do on a 350SA. ...gregg