The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

100 portraits with names recorded - help!

haring

I have a project I am going to work on this week.

At the beginning of a conference I need to take photos of couples/guests AND record their names. Next day I need to print the photos and mark them with the couples/guests names.

I am planning to take the photos, and

1. have a blank sheet and i will ask them to fill in their names one after other, and
2. record a video of the whole portrait session (2hours) including audio where I also voice record their names and the photos I take.

Have you ever done something like this? I was thinking to record audio to the camera file but I have never done this before. I have a 5D mark Iv and a Canon r5. Is this a proper way to ensure all photos are assigned with the right photos? I just don't want to mix up the names and assign the wrong name to the photo.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
A simpler solution might be to have them write their names on small cards, then make two photos, the official one and one where they hold up the card. You could even number the cards to improve safety further.