The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r, A7r2 - and why I'm keeping both ...

k-hawinkler

Excellent K-H., you're blurring the line between photography and video with these funny gif's of the bathing hawk (y)
Thank you Pieter. I appreciate your feedback very much.

I have two 160 GB cards in the A1.
One raw image uses about 55 MB.
If my math is correct, shooting at 30 FPS,
=(2*160 * 1000 / 55)/30
both cards would fill up in less than 200 seconds.

Hmm I clearly need bigger cards if the A1 doesn’t overheat first. ;)

I was shooting bursts of several hundred images each at 15 FPS repeatedly.
The A1 buffer never filled up or reducing camera responsiveness. That’s all good.
However, even at that frame rate I could not have recorded the entire Hawk bathing episode.
I would have run out of memory cards storage first. (n)
I always shoot with the electronic shutter, so no mechanical tear and wear.

Thanks again for your feedback.

k-hawinkler

Is that a new overlook? I haven't been back there since my NM trip in 2003.
Thank you Carl.
I visited this spot first in 1977.
IIRC it looked the same back then.
But considering my age I am not sure anymore.
Do you have a picture of the Overlook Point from 2003?
That would be great. ;)
Thanks again for the feedback.

scho

Thank you Carl.
I visited this spot first in 1977.
IIRC it looked the same back then.
But considering my age I am not sure anymore.
Do you have a picture of the Overlook Point from 2003?
That would be great. ;)
Thanks again for the feedback.
KH, my memory at 84 is not the greatest either. I was probably just overwhelmed by the magnificent view of the Rio Grande gorge and didn't register any memories of the platform. I did take some shots of the gorge from the overlook point but none of the point itself.
Thanks,
Carl

Here is a photo I took back in 2003 from the overlook. I assume that I must have been standing on a platform, but no recollection of that.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

KH, my memory at 84 is not the greatest either. I was probably just overwhelmed by the magnificent view of the Rio Grande gorge and didn't register any memories of the platform. I did take some shots of the gorge from the overlook point but none of the point itself.
Thanks,
Carl

Here is a photo I took back in 2003 from the overlook. I assume that I must have been standing on a platform, but no recollection of that.

Thanks Carl. Such a beautiful image. Sublime!
The only way your image could have been shot is from the platform.
Unless the camera was hovering above the abyss.
Here is a similar shot from yesterday, just a bit wider. ;)

Sony ILCE-1 + FE 20mm F1.8 G.

scho

Thank you K-H. Such a beautiful scene and your capture was lovely. I'm amazed that after 18 years I can see some of the same rocks still in place near the edge of the gorge. No landslides or earthquakes to disturb them.
Best regards,
Carl

k-hawinkler

Thank you K-H. Such a beautiful scene and your capture was lovely. I'm amazed that after 18 years I can see some of the same rocks still in place near the edge of the gorge. No landslides or earthquakes to disturb them.
Best regards,
Carl
Thanks Carl.
Yup we here in the "Land of Enchantment" are truly blessed. :)