The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

about to buy a iQ 180, advice needed

elrafo

Hello,

so I went to my friend's place and tested the IQ180 with my 42 years old SWC.
Item still in test , I didn't buy it, I wanted to see the actual results because this is the best way to get a personal opinion on things.
I must say that it looks pretty impressive on details with iso 35, and resolution, I am really surprised to see how the old Tech can still hold with newer technologies, this is the kind of process I like... I am not a technician but I love my Hasselblad bodies with MF.

The only default I find are the horizontal lines on the left part of the windows of the test I did, you can see the bending of the windows on the side of the wall. Is this because of older lens + Newer Full screen CCD ?

Also I have more questions, I imported the IIQ files on my Mac, I can open them with Photoshop but the thumbnails aren't showing in Finder (Macbookpro 2016), so it makes the job more difficult for browsing and selection. the IFR picture were visible in Finder.

In Lightroom the shadows look very noisy, not in Photoshop ?

The imported file shows a 8bit colour 80 MP file, but I read that the IQ can do 16bit files... ?

anyway, I am considering this Back as the rendering, softness of the light and sharpness of the details but need to do more tests and your feedback

Here is the link for the full size jpg and raw file :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iqcb9d27ja6b1pi/AACTklOhwaAOSUHdoNhSqV7Ha?dl=0

kdphotography

You need to download Capture One Pro. The DB version is free to use with Phase MFDBs.

Use only C1 Pro to process your Phase One raw files.

ken :)

elrafo

You need to download Capture One Pro. The DB version is free to use with Phase MFDBs.

Use only C1 Pro to process your Phase One raw files.

ken :)
OK thanks I did it :) but I don't see the thumbnails of my files in Finder ;) in my friend's place I could preview them in the mac browser...

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hello,
The only default I find are the horizontal lines on the left part of the windows of the test I did, you can see the bending of the windows on the side of the wall. Is this because of older lens + Newer Full screen CCD ?
Do you see these issues AFTER an appropriate LCC is applied?