The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adjusting the levelling tool on the IQ4.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I'm having a minor problem getting the IQ4 to give me a truly level horizon. As I don't think it is possible to adjust it on the XT, I transferred the back to the XF. Using Live View and the horizon of Lake Huron to level the camera I long-press the Bull's Eye tool and then tell it to calibrate, which it does - except it calibrates the XF to the data in the IQ4 back.

So my question is - how do I adjust the back itself? Can it be done other than at the factory? (On Youtube there is a video showing how to do it, but the back is an earlier IQ that has a "Play" setting that the IQ4 does not appear to have.) If one only has the XT camera, how would one do it?

Any help appreciated!