The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I had a friend in college who was an Art History major. Many years later, when I still used Facebook, she commented that an architecture picture I posted had "perfectly balanced positive and negative space". Today, I was at the most over-photographed object in NYC (after the Guggenheim), and decided to make it a homage to positive and negative space. Behold: The Vessel! (iPhone set to really wide angle. The Vessel widens significantly as it goes up, but the lens overcomes that and makes it look close to cylindrical)

Untitled by Matthew Grayson, on Flickr

Matt

And if I could get that security camera's footage, I'd have a behind (or in front of) the scenes...

Last edited:

pegelli

^^ Splendid Matt (y)

Decoration above the entrance to a gasholder on the site of the "Westergasfabriek", one of the former major gas plants of the city.

The site is now an event location and this gas holder is repurposed as a theatre/concert hall.

Sony A700 + Min 85/1.4 RS G

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
^^ Splendid Matt (y)

Decoration above the entrance to a gasholder on the site of the "Westergasfabriek", one of the former major gas plants of the city.

The site is now an event location and this gas holder is repurposed as a theatre/concert hall.

Sony A700 + Min 85/1.4 RS G
Thank you!

I love the keystone face - perfect for a gasworks.

Matt