The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

sj2w1

This is in the Hells Hollow part of McConnell’s Mill. I do live literally just over the border, it’s a mile down the road. Name a place & time and I’ll be there.

dj may

After reading the good comments about Hejnar Photo rails, clamps, etc. I decided to give them a try. Since I was visiting the U.S. November 2023, I ordered a variety of products that I could pick up while there. This setup consists of Hejnar horizontal rail, vertical rail and clamps. The horizontal rail is clamped on the A-S Core 75 Leveler, which is mounted on Gitzo Systematic 5 XL. A RSS ball head takes care of the vertical panning, which I have since replaced with a Novoflex Q 48. This will be in my backpack from now on, and the ball head is retired. The ball head had also served a purpose when I needed more tilt than the Core 75 could provide. The difference in weight between the Hejnar/Novoflex setup and the ball head alone is 150 grams. I highly recommend Hejnar.
IMG_5276.jpg9e6dba88-2494-4db7-a2ea-a28b3233a51f.jpg
Leica S3, APO-Macro-Summarit-S 120. About 14 images stitched.
Web-S3012003-20240212-3.jpg

GeorgeBo

Early bird gets the waterfall while also avoiding other people ;)

Image processed with a basic run through Phocus Mobile 2 iPad until I can get home and look at the remaining shots on my main computer. Have consolidated my kit down to a manageable small backpack. Even room for the Z8 and a couple of small adapted lenses for a behind the scenes shot.

IMG_0051.jpeg

NZ8_6782.jpg