Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!
Most likely you are coming from version 4. something. Which is what we expect from the Version 4 folks. Just us old dogs with 3 version may run into this.Well I don't no, perhaps it's on macs, I just installed 5.0 and activated it. No need to uninstall c1 4 or do any of the a both. Didn't have time to test much, but looks stable to me.
I have v3.7x on my machine, but don't use it, so I'll remove that for sure. It may not be a problem in reality thought, as it's just the DB version.I agree Dale, but suspect this is only required for those of us with old, ver 3.x licenses to utilize the remaining updates. It seems like version 4 users don't have to go through this...
I have an old V3 Key (3.4 as far as I remember) and am running a Mac as well. I've downloaded the installer and (after clearing older settings etc. for a clean reinstall) just installed V5. No trouble at all. Just a funny message that there is a new update waiting. I've set the preferences to "never" search for upadtes and everything works fine since then.I agree Dale, but suspect this is only required for those of us with old, ver 3.x licenses to utilize the remaining updates. It seems like version 4 users don't have to go through this...
If you have a V3 on your comptuer that's not an issue at all. Even with V4 it's not an issue as long as you rename the apps. C1 V4 and C1 V5 are simply named "Capture One". So an installation of V5 would overwrite/replace V4 (maybe this is the reason for the trouble mentioned above). But if you rename (V4-) "Capture One" to "Capture One 4" the V5 version will not overwrite V4. I am currently running V3.7.8, V4.8.3 and V5.0 on the same machine, the same drive/folder and the same OS. No trouble at all.I luv this forum. I get to ask really dumb questions and not get my head ripped off
This whole idea with deactivation, reactivation, etc? I currently use COPro v3.7.8. As soon as I get Snow Leopard installed, I am going to download COv5. I deactivate my current older version on the PhaseOne site first, download the newer one, install it, and activate it on my machine as Jack thoroughly outlined. Is this to insure I am only using one version at a time?
Also, I thought the license allowed me to have it installed on several of my own machines, but never using it on more than two machines at the same time.