The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-M1, E-M5, E-M5.2, etc. ... Peculiarities

k-hawinkler

Northern Flicker

Olympus E-M1MarkIII + OLYMPUS M.300mm F4.0 @ 300 mm (600 mm in 35mm), f/4.5, 1/3200 s, ISO 640.

The last time I shot this Olympus gear was in 2021. :(

My Olympus E-M1 Mark III works just fine.
However a battery has swollen and is stuck in my Olympus E-M1 Mark II. :mad:
How to get it out? Otherwise the camera seems to be in great shape.
Maybe glue some latch onto the battery so that one can pull it out.

k-hawinkler

Making progress reacquainting myself with my Olympus gear. ;)

GIF @ 31 frame at 10 FPS

GIF @ 131 frame at 10 FPS

Olympus E-M1MarkIII + OLYMPUS M.300mm F4.0 @ 300 mm (601 mm in 35mm), f/4, 1/3200 s, ISO 6400.

Post-processed in DxO PureRaw 4 and Capture One.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Apparently I ignored for too long (2021) the groundbreaking capabilities of my OM-D E-M1 III. :D
Cooper's Hawk shot with Pro Capture High at 60 FPS, 35 frames before shutter fully pressed. :)

JPGs

GIF

Olympus E-M1MarkIII + OLYMPUS M.300mm F4.0 @ 300 mm (300 mm in 35mm), f/4, 1/3200 s, ISO 500.

Godfrey

heh. Still have my E-1 and E-M1, plus a passle of lenses and accessories for them. I took the batteries out of the bodies when I put them into the storage boxes. I should see if the batteries can be charged up ... I'm sure the bodies are still fine. Haven't touched them in a long time. Good equipment, always worked well! Complex to configure, particularly the E-M1.

k-hawinkler

heh. Still have my E-1 and E-M1, plus a passle of lenses and accessories for them. I took the batteries out of the bodies when I put them into the storage boxes. I should see if the batteries can be charged up ... I'm sure the bodies are still fine. Haven't touched them in a long time. Good equipment, always worked well! Complex to configure, particularly the E-M1.
Thank you Godfrey, I appreciate your kind feedback.

k-hawinkler

I think it's going too quickly for me. Is it an insect ? Is a bird ? Is it an airplane ?
Thank you Bart. Sorry about that. I should slow down the action.
Well, it's a Bee, a Yellowjacket, or other kind of Wasp.
All the song birds are afraid of them.
Especially the Hummingbirds stay away from them.
Yellowjackets are known to have killed Hummingbnirds.