The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fine Art Finisher/Printer

bensonga

Greg
This might be the time to get yourself a large printer 44" or 60". Then have someone come to you for print optimization.

Keven Raber now has print workshops at his studio in Indianapolis from time to time. He has about every printer you can imagine plus he has knowledge of printing and optimizing P1 DB files.

I know this was an answer you probably wanted to avoid.
Lou
I know that making your own prints is not for everyone (as was the case for making prints in a wet darkroom), but I do think that many photographers who want to see their images on a print can get a great deal of satisfaction and excellent results with the pigment inkjet printers that have been available for many years now. Before buying a large floor standing 24+ inch printer (not to mention a 44 or 60 inch printer), I would recommend trying a 17 inch wide model (such as the Epson P900 or Canon Pro-1000).

Gary

Hasslebad

I recently had some color Giclée prints made at Michigan Imaging: https://www.michigan-imaging.com.

I discussed papers and possible adjustments with Patrick. Then I reviewed the test prints and afterwards had the final prints made. They came out terrific.

I figure I would share on this thread for posterity.

anyone

First class printing service can be gotten from Grieger - it’s a real joy to finish the own images together with them and get exactly the result you imagined.

They are high-end suppliers who take the time to work with you on the image. I personally find it is worth to invest both the time and the money as it shows in the outcomes.

It’s fantastic to see a Diasec print of your own work on the wall.